fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I keep putting things on the front fender, then forgetting about them and driving off. The fender is lower than the hood so I guess it's out of sight and out of mind for me. My wife told me to stop putting things there even for a second. So far I've lost several coffees, a hitch pin, gloves, various tools, and most recently a towing mirror (I got distracted by a phone call when I was taking them off and put one on the right fender). Fortunately a city worker saw it fly off in a curve and held it up in the air for me to see when he saw me coming on the return trip. That's one more advantage of driving something so noticeable I guess.

So anyway, is it just me or has anyone else lost anything off the fender?
Sponsored

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I keep putting things on the front fender, then forgetting about them and driving off. The fender is lower than the hood so I guess it's out of sight and out of mind for me. My wife told me to stop putting things there even for a second. So far I've lost several coffees, a hitch pin, gloves, various tools, and most recently a towing mirror (I got distracted by a phone call when I was taking them off and put one on the right fender). Fortunately a city worker saw it fly off in a curve and held it up in the air for me to see when he saw me coming on the return trip. That's one more advantage of driving something so noticeable I guess.

So anyway, is it just me or has anyone else lost anything off the fender?
Jeez, I treat my JT like Morris Frye's 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California! Not like his son Cameron or his buddy Ferris does!

Jeep Gladiator Front fender losses, anyone? Good

Over

Jeep Gladiator Front fender losses, anyone? bad

Take it easy using the JT fender as a workbench!

OP
OP
fun2drum

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm the only one. :(

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Ha! I came in expecting off road fender carnage and get cups of coffee. Crack me up.

Nope ...no losses ...yet 😳

I have some neighbors I would like to put on my fenders. 🤔😁

Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I bet you’re wife doesn’t let you take the kids anywhere you might come home without them just saying if you keep driving off with stuff on your front fenders

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
I don't set things on the fenders or anywhere that I could drive off and forget them. Otherwise I would do just that.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I drove off with a portable grille on the bed cover. Got where I was going, still there. Was out of sight of the mirrors.

Ohio JKU

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Occupation
PM Construction
Ill own up... I drove off with my dewalt drill on the bumper / front grill. Best part is it was still there when I got back.... I’m sure other people saw it. :whew:

Sponsored

TJDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Motorized toy collector
I lost my favorite coffee cup after setting it on my previous TJ's flat fender. I didn't notice it until I went around a corner and heard it break. Faccck!
I haven't left anything on a Jeep fender since.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Not (yet) on my Gladiator, but a couple years back I set a $300 eye loupe (it adapts my HDSLR's Live View function to shoot better video) on my fender and then drove off. It was along a two-lane highway in nowhere, Wyoming. I realized it after a few miles, turned around and found it laying in the middle of the road, a little bruised, but otherwise fully functional.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I did leave things on my JKU black plastic fenders but never forgot anything. My JT has body color fenders so I don't put anything on the paint. The only thing I'd do is put the gas cap on the bed liner when I gas up.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I have, probably lost multiple screws, sockets, and bits doing this. But i dont know since I never found them lol.

I did put my drill on the back fender. Drove around that day, and saw it on the main road coming up to my neighborhood. Snatched it up real quick and knew immediately it was mine haha

Alans17

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
No such losses in the truck, but I’ve had a couple incidents in previous vehicles. Most notably...

Left my phone on the roof while filling up at a gas station. Got all the way to work before I realized it was missing and knew immmediately what had happened. I went back to get it and found it in the street outside the gas station. The good news is that it survived the fall. However, it didn’t survive being run over nearly as much. Surprisingly, it still powered up and may have worked if the screen weren’t in hundreds of shards.
Sponsored