Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
BAC115FD-8EF9-40E9-83ED-00A1F32B3186.jpeg
1410EA12-49BA-4D67-BBE2-4B29F1F1853A.jpeg
29208BFC-61A9-442D-8EEF-55DC4E31780E.jpeg
I have read that someone had a problem getting a good door seal when using the attached Mopar grab handles. Problem seems to be that the part of the grab handle that goes over the roll bar and under the Sunrider frame is made of a slightly thick plastic. Has anyone with a Sunrider used these grab handles on the front of your Gladiator? If yes then does it seal well? Does rain water or lots of wind get into your truck?

And what about other brands of grab handles? What brand do you have on the front? Got rain or wind coming in? Got pictures?

Hey Rob @Quadratec you sell these things along with some other brands. Got comments/suggestions for what grab handle brands work and which ones cause leaks/wind noise?

Hey @BestopTeam love to hear your suggestions. Any other way to mount a front grab handle? I have a simple suggestion. Two small slotted holes in the Sunrider frame to insert grab handle straps through so they don’t have to go in between the Sunrider and the roll bar.

And sorry about posting this under exterior mods, should have been under interior mods. And I got no clue if it can be moved. My bad. Sorry folks.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
C23FFECF-7817-49A4-A0F9-6A5B35D2FEBB.jpeg
26BF0807-5155-451E-95F7-595059BEC019.jpeg
Don’t quite know what you mean by bump. But in case anyone is interested I found these Jeep brand grab handles on EBay. Get them delivered to me on Monday. They are made for Wranglers. But I trust they should work just fine on a Gladiator, should be the same size/diameter roll bar. Strap should easily go in between Sunrider frame and roll bar and I would be surprised if this lets in any rain or wind. Back pair has coat hooks. Truck should get to dealership anytime now since Dorian is long gone and dealership is a 2 hour drive from rail facility where my truck arrived a couple of days ago.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Don’t quite know what you mean by bump. But in case anyone is interested I found these Jeep brand grab handles on EBay. Get them delivered to me on Monday. They are made for Wranglers. But I trust they should work just fine on a Gladiator, should be the same size/diameter roll bar. Strap should easily go in between Sunrider frame and roll bar and I would be surprised if this lets in any rain or wind. Back pair has coat hooks. Truck should get to dealership anytime now since Dorian is long gone and dealership is a 2 hour drive from rail facility where my truck arrived a couple of days ago.
Now them handles look like they'd actually fit under my premium top

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @Slapping_Rabbits I will let you know if they do work or not once I get my truck. When I go to pick it up the dealership will install my Sunrider, my hard trifold tonneau cover and my step bars. Will put the grab handles on before they put the Sunrider on. So I should know if it works or not very very soon. Pictures will follow as soon as I have taken delivery, literally any day now.

Now them handles look like they'd actually fit under my premium top

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Slapping_Rabbits I will let you know if they do work or not once I get my truck. When I go to pick it up the dealership will install my Sunrider, my hard trifold tonneau cover and my step bars. Will put the grab handles on before they put the Sunrider on. So I should know if it works or not very very soon. Pictures will follow as soon as I have taken delivery, literally any day now.
Awesome. Thanks. Even without mine being lifted certain family members have expressed the need for such handles. I told them to do more squat jumps but that suggestion went over like a lead balloon.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I’m using GPCA handles with my Sunrider. It was a little tight on the install but otherwise I had no problem and they work great.
https://www.gpca.us/gp-grip-jeep-wrangler-grab-handles/
Wow @Sgt Beavis I am really surprised to read that you got those grab handles to work. I looked at them but ruled them out as it looked to me like would take up too much space between the roll bar and the frame of the Sunrider. That’s why I selected some that look like they will take up the minimum amount of space in between. Happy to hear they work for you. Yours look nice. Mine get delivered to me tomorrow and truck should be here literally any now. Just a 2 hour truck drive from the destination rail facility where it arrived late last week in the middle of Dorian, that bitch storm!

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Small update. Uncle Sam is working today (Sunday). I just got my grab handles delivered to me. Straps are very thin and will easily fit in between roll bar and frame of the Sunrider. But I must add that they are also very short. Will be a tight fit getting them around the roll bar. Will see how this goes once my truck gets in.

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
I have both on mine. Increases wind noise and makes a bump in the center of the top. Going to take off grab handles and see how it does

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I have both on mine. Increases wind noise and makes a bump in the center of the top. Going to take off grab handles and see how it does
Hey @Gene26 which brand grab handles are you using that makes this bump? Love to know. Got pictures of them? Thanks

OP
OP
Jake

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
For everyone’s info these grab handles will work for certain. I just went to my dealership today to order a couple of things. While there I wrapped them around a Gladiator roll bar and they will go all the way around and then some. They are very short straps so I thought they would not work. Sellers site said they will not work on a Gladiator.

And the straps themselves are very thin, will easily fit in between the top of the roll bar and the frame of my Sunrider.

While I was at the dealership I checked out the Mopar grab handles and I would be surprised if they work. The part that goes in between the top of the roll bar and the frame of the Sunrider is very thick. I can’t imagine that working at all.

And finally fyi I made some posts yesterday about my truck delivery getting delayed. Was told 8 days ago that my truck just arrived at the destination rail facility that’s just a 2 hour drive to my dealership. And yesterday I got advised that Jeep had given me some bum information. Was told yesterday that it’s supposed to get to that destination rail facility some time today. We shall see about that. Grrrr!!!
Sponsored