Sponsored

Front OEM LED DRL / Turn Signal Hyperflash with JScan - how to fix?

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
TL;DR OEMs causing hyperflash for front turn signals. Tazer fixes it, JScan doesn't. What do I do?

SIA for the long thread and TIA for any help you can provide.

Background: I have an OEM halogen truck that has been converted to full OEM LED, including front turn signals / DRLs. Many Gladiator owners have reported that they have an unfixable hyperflash with this setup despite the dealership adding the appropriate sales codes. It has become a big issue in a few cases where the dealership promised an LED upgrade as a part of the vehicle sale and then encountered this issue without resolution. I am included in this group, as I have had the sales codes added but still experience the hyperflash and turn signal out errors. This problem IS addressed with a Tazer, however, and they do work fine with the Tazer fix installed, so that was my initial solution:

Jeep Gladiator Front OEM LED DRL / Turn Signal Hyperflash with JScan - how to fix? front drl tazer.PNG

I'd like to move these types of changes over to JScan to make them more permanent and get rid of the need to unmarry the Tazer prior to dealership service. The LED setting for the lights themselves is already set by the sales code that was added. I've tried to enable the same hyperflash solution with JScan (and with the Tazer unmarried but acting as my SGW bypass), by setting the Front Turn Lamp Diagnostics to Deactived (as it is when the Tazer is married), but the hyperflash errors are back after using each signal for a bit. I've tried a full reboot and 5 minute sleep cycles, but no change.

Jeep Gladiator Front OEM LED DRL / Turn Signal Hyperflash with JScan - how to fix? Photo Feb 12, 11 48 57 PM

Jeep Gladiator Front OEM LED DRL / Turn Signal Hyperflash with JScan - how to fix? Photo Feb 11, 9 40 02 PM

How scan I fix this with JScan? What is the Tazer doing differently to bypass this? Out of all of the things that are easily upgraded and programmed on a Jeep, the front turn signals weren't the ones I expected to be a hassle :D
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
following.

I have a set of LED DRLs that I have yet to install. So Id like to avoid this lol

OP
OP

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Welp, I used Super Bowl commercial breaks to see if I could make any headway on this.

First I tried setting everything back to how it would be for OEM Halogen, then did a Tazer reboot and two 5+ minute sleep cycles.

Jeep Gladiator Front OEM LED DRL / Turn Signal Hyperflash with JScan - how to fix? Photo Feb 13, 7 59 30 PM

Then I tried setting it back to LED with Diagnostics deactivated, and did a Tazer reboot and two 5+ minute sleep cycles.

Jeep Gladiator Front OEM LED DRL / Turn Signal Hyperflash with JScan - how to fix? Photo Feb 13, 7 59 32 PM

Unfortunately the errors still come back as soon as each blinker has been on for ~10 seconds. I'm stumped at how to solve this with JScan at this point. I guess I may need to simply continue using my Tazer for it. There has to be something more than meets the eye going on, because it's an issue for the dealerships as well, and only Tazer seems to offer the secret sauce needed to work around it. What I really don't get is why the JScan Diagnostics deactivate isn't working as advertised.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Welp, I used Super Bowl commercial breaks to see if I could make any headway on this.

First I tried setting everything back to how it would be for OEM Halogen, then did a Tazer reboot and two 5+ minute sleep cycles.

Photo Feb 13, 7 59 30 PM.jpg

Then I tried setting it back to LED with Diagnostics deactivated, and did a Tazer reboot and two 5+ minute sleep cycles.

Photo Feb 13, 7 59 32 PM.jpg

Unfortunately the errors still come back as soon as each blinker has been on for ~10 seconds. I'm stumped at how to solve this with JScan at this point. I guess I may need to simply continue using my Tazer for it. There has to be something more than meets the eye going on, because it's an issue for the dealerships as well, and only Tazer seems to offer the secret sauce needed to work around it. What I really don't get is why the JScan Diagnostics deactivate isn't working as advertised.
I remember people having issues with the connections on their doors. Apparently the pins were bending when they plugged the connectors back in. Its a long shot, and probably a PITA, but maybe check you DRL connections and see if a pin is bent that could cause a feedback or something. :fingerscrossed:

OP
OP

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
I remember people having issues with the connections on their doors. Apparently the pins were bending when they plugged the connectors back in. Its along shot, and probably a PITA, but maybe check you DRL connections and see if a pin is bent that could cause a feedback or something. :fingerscrossed:
Everything is connected fine and they work without issue, and they work without errors when using the Tazer. The DRL lights don't go through the door harnesses anyways. Good idea though!

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Everything is connected fine and they work without issue, and they work without errors when using the Tazer. The DRL lights don't go through the door harnesses anyways. Good idea though!
haha im aware they dont go through the door harness hahaha I was just giving an example to qualify the thought.

Im genuinely curios what is causing the issue.

OP
OP

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Got it via some help in their FB group. Apparently there are additional diagnostics settings that are not available via the main lighting menu group. You have to use the search function to find them. Disabling the two individual toggles for the left and right lights was the fix. I'm not sure why all three aren't shown in the main lighting menu, that certainly would have made this a lot easier, but I'm glad it's all fixed.

Jeep Gladiator Front OEM LED DRL / Turn Signal Hyperflash with JScan - how to fix? Photo Feb 13, 11 34 16 PM

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
thinking im going to FINALLY install the OEM LED DRLs that I have sitting in the garage.

A couple questions for @Average Oregonian . did you have to remove the entire fender liner to replace the whole wiring harness?

and did this fix with Jscan hold up? I dont want to put in the time and work only to have to remove them again.

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
thinking im going to FINALLY install the OEM LED DRLs that I have sitting in the garage.

A couple questions for @Average Oregonian . did you have to remove the entire fender liner to replace the whole wiring harness?

and did this fix with Jscan hold up? I dont want to put in the time and work only to have to remove them again.
I just did the oem LEDs in my driveway. Pulled the whole fender. Scary but I bought new clips on Amazon beforehand. So I was ready to break some.

used JScan and no issues.

Jeep Gladiator Front OEM LED DRL / Turn Signal Hyperflash with JScan - how to fix? A4FA3692-79A3-4D2C-AFED-867ED7F1F0B1

Jeep Gladiator Front OEM LED DRL / Turn Signal Hyperflash with JScan - how to fix? F53F9F26-35BA-4E96-BEE5-7947BD89487D

OP
OP

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR

Did not have to, no, but like KoBear said, that method does make it fairly easy. I left them on and did mine in the garage sitting on a rolling detailing chair. As I recall the harnesses themselves didn't require any special effort with the fender still on. It was more of getting to the area where the light housing lives, IIRC.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Did not have to, no, but like KoBear said, that method does make it fairly easy. I left them on and did mine in the garage sitting on a rolling detailing chair. As I recall the harnesses themselves didn't require any special effort with the fender still on. It was more of getting to the area where the light housing lives, IIRC.
ty!

did you swap the entire wiring harness then? I havnt looked at the LEDs closely but I am sorta hoping to be lazy and just unplug them from the in place harness and plug the LED ones back into it w/o having to pull the liner or the entire fender.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the oem LEDs in my driveway. Pulled the whole fender. Scary but I bought new clips on Amazon beforehand. So I was ready to break some.

used JScan and no issues.

Jeep Gladiator Front OEM LED DRL / Turn Signal Hyperflash with JScan - how to fix? F53F9F26-35BA-4E96-BEE5-7947BD89487D

ty!

same question for you. did you NEED to use the LED harness or were you able to just use the OEM halogen harness?

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
As @Average Oregonian said, getting the light itself out is tough without removing the fender, but possible I suppose.

the wires coming off the light plugged right into my jeep, no issues. I don’t know if that wire is removable?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
the wires coming off the light plugged right into my jeep, no issues. I don’t know if that wire is removable?
Thanks!

I wasnt sure since I feel like ive read before that the whole harness had to be swapped. But then recent saw a video where they just swapped the light its self, which is WAY easier.

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
Thanks!

I wasnt sure since I feel like ive read before that the whole harness had to be swapped. But then recent saw a video where they just swapped the light its self, which is WAY easier.
only part that tripped me up was you have to set DRL AND turn signal to LED. Turn signal was not as easy to find on the menu. Had to search.
Sponsored