First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
I have the 2021 Glad Rubi and don’t have a taser mini or JScan. I had used the feature - rear locker in 4H back in the spring time doing some mudding and this time I wanted to see if I could lock both diffs in 4H and….(wait for it) YES YOU CAN, without a Taser or JScan and this can be done on the move! Just did it.

Simple to do. In drive, activate 4H, press the OFF ROAD+ button. You may find the traction control is turned off (light on) at this time,…turn it on (light out) then press the traction control button till you hear a “ding” chime (about 10 seconds) then press either the REAR ONLY or FRONT + REAR and you’re golden!

I know some here have no use for lockers but I do A LOT of road side recovery and now that the snow is flying, there’s going to be some in the ditch needing to be pulled out, so for me having the option of both lockers in 4H is a game changer.

BA739974-ED60-4E03-A532-5ABC9906FC80.jpeg

EFDF70A5-FD74-41BE-93BE-6EF6EFFDE120.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

EddyArnold

First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD | 88 300zx | 97 XJ
Occupation
TheCyber
or FRONT + REAR
...umm, are you sure about that? I know rear locker works in 4H that way, that's in the manual (and what your pic above shows, "front axle: Unlocked") BUT I didn't think you could activate the front locker in 4H... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
100% sure. All I did was try and it worked. Tore up the icy alley and front iced up street with both lockers engaged. I only had the thought last night to try. I knew I could do the back locker but never tried doing both until today. 👍🏻

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
If this works across the board… your gonna make a lot of people happy
I had to go out to the icy alley and look at what tires are spinning. I punched the throttle and all 4 tires dug in. I could see the front left then also looked at my left rear then looked at the passenger rear in the mirror then got out to see what the front right tire did to the alley packed snow which was chewed up. Short of actually having someone there looking at all the tires, I can tell you they all dug in and spun, no problem. The dash does say the front isn’t locked but it is.

Reactions: mog

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
You'll sometimes spin both with the diff open.

Did the steering feel like the front locker was engaged?

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
I don't believe your front axle is locked, even your display says it is unlocked. Just because you can get all four tires to spin on a slippery surface proves nothing. I can do that in 4H and unlocked.

Lift one front tire off the ground and tell me if the one on the ground engages.

KevinC

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
You'll sometimes spin both with the diff open.

Did the steering feel like the front locker was engaged?
Asked my mechanical engineer son to come out and confirm the 4 wheel spin. Sure enough, all 4 dug in and spun!

OP
OP
Maximus Gladius

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I don't believe your front axle is locked, even your display says it is unlocked. Just because you can get all four tires to spin on a slippery surface proves nothing. I can do that in 4H and unlocked.

Lift one front tire off the ground and tell me if the one on the ground engages.

KevinC
Would jacking up all 4 corners and seeing 4 wheel spin prove it?

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Having all 4 wheels spin does not necessarily mean your front locker is engaged. If the traction to both front wheels is sufficient then both wheels may rotate in unison even though the locker is not engaged. I have tried this method and I get the picture you showed above indicating that my transfer case is engaged in 4H, and the Rear is locked. But it never indicates the front is locked. I don't think it is possible to lock the front axle in 4H. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
This is super cool, but HOLY SMOKES -5 deg!?!?!? I mentioned to my wife last night we've had a nice week of May weather in December. 73 and sunshine on 12/1, only 72 the last couple days. YIKES!

I have the 2021 Glad Rubi and don’t have a taser mini or JScan. I had used the feature - rear locker in 4H back in the spring time doing some mudding and this time I wanted to see if I could lock both diffs in 4H and….(wait for it) YES YOU CAN, without a Taser or JScan and this can be done on the move! Just did it.

Simple to do. In drive, activate 4H, press the OFF ROAD+ button. You may find the traction control is turned off (light on) at this time,…turn it on (light out) then press the traction control button till you hear a “ding” chime (about 10 seconds) then press either the REAR ONLY or FRONT + REAR and you’re golden!

I know some here have no use for lockers but I do A LOT of road side recovery and now that the snow is flying, there’s going to be some in the ditch needing to be pulled out, so for me having the option of both lockers in 4H is a game changer.
Sponsored