First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
FF
Anyone else notice a gas smell around your vehicle? I notice it almost every time I get inside, and tonight couldn’t even park it in the garage due to the smell. It’s not leaking gas, but the gas odor made it into the hallway of my house. Calling the dealer tomorrow.

2022 Altitude. 1500 miles, but been like that since new. Really noticed it tonight in the garage.
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I would guess there is a leak somewhere. I wouldn’t park it in the garage until the cause is conclusively found.

Mdoug

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator willys
Same concern, strong gas smell. 2022 gladiator willys. Just hit 1k miles. At the dealer now they said they need for 2 full days as to disassemble the engine?

OP
OP
jc10380

jc10380

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
FF
So....dropped it off this am. It apparently is leaking into the fuel rail. They are replacing some parts, and I should have it back tomorrow. Before posting this thread, I googled the problem and saw a few instances of people having the same issue, so I mentioned it to the dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jc10380

jc10380

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
FF
So....dropped it off this am. It apparently is leaking into the fuel rail. They are replacing some parts, and I should have it back tomorrow. Before posting this thread, I googled the problem and saw a few instances of people having the same issue, so I mentioned it to the dealer.

Got it back, told me to drive it a couple days after replacing the part. Smelled like gas again at slow speeds and at idle. Back at the dealer now, at least they gave me a loaner. #2 visit. If it continues, Lemon Law is going to be exercised, and I'll get another Gladiator, because I love it that much.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Leaking axle lube, leaking gas....fukkin Jeeps lol. Hope if gets fixed.

mcdicker5

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
Is there an update? I’m going through the same thing. But I cannot get a dealership to get me in. They’re all like two weeks out.

Got it back, told me to drive it a couple days after replacing the part. Smelled like gas again at slow speeds and at idle. Back at the dealer now, at least they gave me a loaner. #2 visit. If it continues, Lemon Law is going to be exercised, and I'll get another Gladiator, because I love it that much.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

* Have three or more attempts been made to repair one problem and then the problem either continues to exist or occurs again?

* Has the vehicle been in the shop for a cumulative total of 30 days or more during its first year or 18,000 miles, whichever occurs first?

* Have eight or more attempts been made to fix different problems?

* Has one unsuccessful attempt been made to fix a problem that could cause death or serious injury?

If you can answer yes to any one of the above In the first year or first 18,000 miles, whichever occurs first, you may have a case.

MikeyK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
Not sure if it’s related, but my 22 Willys JT with 1500 miles goes in on Friday. I can’t fill it up without gas spilling out the filler tube. It’s happened at multiple gas stations, and I have tried to fill it slowly. I know it wasn’t completely filled, but it still spilled out on the fender.

Sponsored

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
You using high ethanol content fuel. The smell can seep through non Teflon lined fuel lines. I had some braid hose that would do this on a race car.

OP
OP
jc10380

jc10380

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
FF
Is there an update? I’m going through the same thing. But I cannot get a dealership to get me in. They’re all like two weeks out.
I got it back yesterday, and immediately took the top and doors off. It's not AS noticeable of course with all the airflow, but it's still there I think. The dealer ordered some new fuel lines, but they haven't been delivered yet. I'm going to take it back whenever they can get me a loaner. This will be visit #3.

* Have three or more attempts been made to repair one problem and then the problem either continues to exist or occurs again?

* Has the vehicle been in the shop for a cumulative total of 30 days or more during its first year or 18,000 miles, whichever occurs first?

* Have eight or more attempts been made to fix different problems?

* Has one unsuccessful attempt been made to fix a problem that could cause death or serious injury?

If you can answer yes to any one of the above In the first year or first 18,000 miles, whichever occurs first, you may have a case.
It's still noticeable, but less so because of top and doors being off. This will be visit number 3 for the same issue, and they are supposed to replace fuel lines, but they are on order. I'm not taking it back until they have a loaner to give me.

OP
OP
jc10380

jc10380

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Occupation
FF
You using high ethanol content fuel. The smell can seep through non Teflon lined fuel lines. I had some braid hose that would do this on a race car.
I generally fill up at either Costco or Shell. Costco and Shell are both 10% ethanol I believe.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I generally fill up at either Costco or Shell. Costco and Shell are both 10% ethanol I believe.
Ethanol won't matter.
There haven't been fuel lines that were messed with by ethanol for decades.
I've run ethanol in everything, including my classics. No fuel smell.
I have never noticed fuel smell with the Gladiator and I've used U88 in it (which is 15%) for a while now. No smell.
Can't see what Teflon would matter, anyway. None of the fuel lines in my vehicles have any special lining. Never heard of any automotive fuel lines or hoses that had ethanol. Must be something designed for off-road or racing.

Mdoug

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator willys
Same concern, strong gas smell. 2022 gladiator willys. Just hit 1k miles. At the dealer now they said they need for 2 full days as to disassemble the engine?
Update.
2 week later they found the leak,
Sponsored