Sponsored

Functional Mojave hood scoop

Would you be interested in making your Mojave hood scoop functional?( i.e. cold air intake?)

• Total voters

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
Like many other projects, I am driven by my OCD. I have wished the Mojave hood scoop was functional and I have scanned my hood and engine bay to begin the design process. My current plan is to design a duct to tie the hood scoop into the factory air box. Will it create more power? Probably not, but it will be a unique and enjoyable project. I am planning to make this kit plug and play with the Mojave hood and 3.6. I am interested to know if anyone else is interested in making their hood scoop functional. If there is enough interest, I will build production considerations into the design, otherwise, I will design and produce a one-off.
Sponsored

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
i would look into the plumbing from the 392, it has a functional hood scoop you might be able to mod.

Jobofly

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2022 JTM
Like many other projects, I am driven by my OCD. I have wished the Mojave hood scoop was functional and I have scanned my hood and engine bay to begin the design process. My current plan is to design a duct to tie the hood scoop into the factory air box. Will it create more power? Probably not, but it will be a unique and enjoyable project. I am planning to make this kit plug and play with the Mojave hood and 3.6. I am interested to know if anyone else is interested in making their hood scoop functional. If there is enough interest, I will build production considerations into the design, otherwise, I will design and produce a one-off.
Any progress with this?

OP
OP
DC3

DC3

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
dilabs.cc
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT GDE Ecodiesel, 22 Polestar 2
Occupation
engineer
I made some progress (concept design & prototype) but ultimately ditched it for lack of interest & high mfg cost. Eventually, I bought a diesel and then added a Mojave hood, but the intake is opposite of the 3.6l.
Sponsored