Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
What is Tread Lightly Discount? (from JLWF)

The Tread Lightly Discount / The Affiliate Rewards Program guarantees a buyer preferred pricing -- the purchase or lease of a participating Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat vehicle at 1% below factory invoice price. Of course, using this discount does not preclude you from trying to negotiate an even better deal at more than 1% below invoice price. And you can combine this discount with current incentives.

Tread Lightly membership currently costs $100 annually (you can cancel after purchasing your vehicle). After signing up, you must be a member for 30 days before you can use the discount to purchase / lease your Jeep.

Membership Signup Process

I was a little confused how the signup process worked and how long it would take so I figured I would post my experience here.

First I signed up on the tread lightly website at the $100 "Individual level". This is very important to get the level right.

It is also VERY important to use your real, legal full name and birthday on here because you will need it later to verify it's you. I only say this because for most things, I just use the short version of my name and luckily I didn't here.

fQoXRS2.png

I did this on Feb 19 2019.

About 10 days later I got a small package from them with a nice Tread Lightly T-Shit, a sticker and a form explaining how to get my "Control Number".

They give you the Tread Lightly "Company Code" in this letter which you will use to get your "Control Number".

I waited until today March 14th (Less than 30 days!) to go try and get my control number.

You then go to : https://www.fcausaffiliates.com

You enter the company code and you'll be asked to login using your name, and your DOB:

MBeCqow.png

That'll take you to their main page where you can click "Get A Control Number"

yxHs0dB.png

Once you click the "Get A Control Number" button you'll be take to a simple form which has your name and DOB pre-populated. This means you can ONLY get a control number for the purchaser's name. Some other rules and restrictions are posted on this page but the form looks like this:

rwsDY7S.png

One you click submit here you're taken to a form with your shiny new control number on it.

Enjoy
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition, 2018 Acura NSX, 2016 Range Rover Sport SVR, 2018 Land Rover Discovery, 2017 Kawasaki Z900
Hope you don't mind I copied this and added it to the options matrix google doc i've shared. I gave you credit and your own tab.
Happy to help. I'll probably make a quick video on how to go through the whole thing once I can place my dang order.

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Awesome! Thank you! Just joined.

Sponsored

OP
OP
trez63

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know if this sort of affiliate purchase program is available from other manufacturers as well or is it unique to FCA?
I would hate to find out that I've been missing out on thousands of dollars of discounts on past car purchases.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Does anyone know if this sort of affiliate purchase program is available from other manufacturers as well or is it unique to FCA?
I would hate to find out that I've been missing out on thousands of dollars of discounts on past car purchases.
That's exactly what happened to me in October when i placed an order for an FCA Pacifica......:crying:

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I wanted to ask all of this and didn't know who to ask... and trez63 magically appears with manna from heaven.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I hear that this is why they call Steffen707 “Good Boy Leroy.” He’s ok if you ask me. I don’t care what everyone else says about him.

Hope you don't mind I copied this and added it to the options matrix google doc i've shared. I gave you credit and your own tab.

Sponsored

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
So let me ask this... how long is that number good for? And how long from the time you donate to “tread lightly” do you have to wait before getting the number?

I’m curious because if I go do this and get a control number now and then find out I have to wait 6 months or a year because of trade in value or JT prices, will it expire before then? Or would I be better to wait until I’m ready to pull the trigger on the trade in/purchase? Only problem I foresee with waiting would be if it takes a month to get a number and I wait until they release prices and open order backs to start the process that’s an extra month before I can get a gladiator and go buy some plywood.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
So let me ask this... how long is that number good for? And how long from the time you donate to “tread lightly” do you have to wait before getting the number?

I’m curious because if I go do this and get a control number now and then find out I have to wait 6 months or a year because of trade in value or JT prices, will it expire before then? Or would I be better to wait until I’m ready to pull the trigger on the trade in/purchase? Only problem I foresee with waiting would be if it takes a month to get a number and I wait until they release prices and open order backs to start the process that’s an extra month before I can get a gladiator and go buy some plywood.
It's a yearly membership. According to OP, it takes about 10 days to get your control number. Lots of people join after they order.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I hear that this is why they call Steffen707 “Good Boy Leroy.” He’s ok if you ask me. I don’t care what everyone else says about him.
Lol, people call me good boy Leroy?

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Don’t know about other people but I’d call you Good Boy Leroy for your many jobs well done. Like I said I don’t care what everyone else says about you.