Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I wrote to the customer service email on the bottom of the page and they responded letting me know that the Gladiator is indeed eligible, and just hasn't been added to the site. They said to choose any vehicle to get the control number.
Sponsored

MAJT20GOBI

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S M/T
As I read up on this.. Do you think as Jeep Dealer Employee I would get a better deal using this program or a "in-house" deal?

RIPLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2015 Jeep Renegade
As I read up on this.. Do you think as Jeep Dealer Employee I would get a better deal using this program or a "in-house" deal?
I'm not sure what you mean by "in-house", but you should be able to stack the tread lightly deal.

Chiblues

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon LE
Not sure how the Tread Lightly discount will fare, but thought I would share...had 2 dealers refuse to accept my FCA Affiliate discount. Both said they weren't accepting it at this time since they don't have enough vehicles in inventory. If I was an FCA employee, then they would since FCA would make them, but affiliates are SOL. They also said they wouldn't do any better than $500 off MSRP on a Rubicon., even though we had negotiated much lower last week.

Stylinhonda

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Has anyone used this on a Gladiator recently? Just ordered one and it sounds like the dealer will accept.

Sponsored

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I used it in early July - didn't have any problems. Make sure you get it in writing that the dealer will accept it.

Apocalypz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Unlimited, 2021 JTR Diesel (Ordered 7/11/20)
Occupation
Operations
Same for me. Used o
I used it in early July - didn't have any problems. Make sure you get it in writing that the dealer will accept it.
Same for me. Used with no problem on my 2021 JTR order 7/11.

Danny.OurismanCDJR

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland High Altitude, Mercedes GLE, VW GTI
Occupation
General Sales Manager
No need...Employee pricing on all trims except Rubicon. Selling them currently at 3,000 under invoice. Call me or visit Ourismanchryslerdodgejeep.net and ask for Danny.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a 2021 Grand Cherokee for my wife from Spencer and he's the one that told me to sign up for the TreadLightly thing and how much it would save us. I didn't even have to ask.
I know the dealers around here would either balk or refuse - they stick to MSRP unless you hold them over a barrel in some way like I did - told them I'd refuse to take the one they ordered for me if they didn't do better and showed them a solid quote from another dealer.

stmwilliams

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Customer service
I just ordered a Gladiator Rubicon from Tuttle Click in Tustin CA. I went to another dealer but when I got there I saw extras on the window sticker for nitrogen etc. so I got a bad felling. I ordered my Gladiator sport from Ivan at Tuttle click in Tustin. 4% under invoice, no bs, no extras I had to pay for. He said it was ok to post his number if you want to order through him. 714 510 1139 cell.

This was the easiest car purchase ever!

Sponsored

Bumpy Ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I ordered my JTR 4% below invoice through Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click Irvine... easy process and can hardly wait to take delivery! Ordered on 10/22 and its in F status (welding the frame) today!

NoDoorsLife

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler LJ, Ford F-150, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Sales
Does anyone know if this will apply for the new Diesel as well?

Cannonball

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be: 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Games & Esports
What is Tread Lightly Discount? (from JLWF)

The Tread Lightly Discount / The Affiliate Rewards Program guarantees a buyer preferred pricing -- the purchase or lease of a participating Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat vehicle at 1% below factory invoice price. Of course, using this discount does not preclude you from trying to negotiate an even better deal at more than 1% below invoice price. And you can combine this discount with current incentives.

Tread Lightly membership currently costs $100 annually (you can cancel after purchasing your vehicle). After signing up, you must be a member for 30 days before you can use the discount to purchase / lease your Jeep.

Membership Signup Process

I was a little confused how the signup process worked and how long it would take so I figured I would post my experience here.

First I signed up on the tread lightly website at the $100 "Individual level". This is very important to get the level right.

It is also VERY important to use your real, legal full name and birthday on here because you will need it later to verify it's you. I only say this because for most things, I just use the short version of my name and luckily I didn't here.

fQoXRS2.png

I did this on Feb 19 2019.

About 10 days later I got a small package from them with a nice Tread Lightly T-Shit, a sticker and a form explaining how to get my "Control Number".

They give you the Tread Lightly "Company Code" in this letter which you will use to get your "Control Number".

I waited until today March 14th (Less than 30 days!) to go try and get my control number.

You then go to : https://www.fcausaffiliates.com

You enter the company code and you'll be asked to login using your name, and your DOB:

MBeCqow.png

That'll take you to their main page where you can click "Get A Control Number"

yxHs0dB.png

Once you click the "Get A Control Number" button you'll be take to a simple form which has your name and DOB pre-populated. This means you can ONLY get a control number for the purchaser's name. Some other rules and restrictions are posted on this page but the form looks like this:

rwsDY7S.png

One you click submit here you're taken to a form with your shiny new control number on it.

Enjoy
Thanks for the detailed instructions - worked like a charm. One item for those without: you don't have to wait the full 30-days to get your control number. I was able to get mine after just 2 weeks...

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Works on Grand Cherokee as well - I suspect "most" Jeeps qualify. Got a heck of a good deal on my wife's new GC.
Sponsored