Sponsored

Gas vs Diesel Rubicon front spring rate

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
Does anyone know if the front spring in a Rubicon diesel has a higher spring rate (stiffer) than the Gas spring or are they the same.

Facts only please, not my truck has this and his has that but they look the same. Too many variable and room for spectualation.

thanks in advance
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know if the front spring in a Rubicon diesel has a higher spring rate (stiffer) than the Gas spring or are they the same.

Facts only please, not my truck has this and his has that but they look the same. Too many variable and room for spectualation.

thanks in advance
You won't get a definite answer until someone climbs under each model and gets the numbers off the tags on the springs.

The springs are likely stiffer, since the diesel adds around 400 pounds to the front end.

Twilightwheelin

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTrubi JL , JK , WJ

thanks in advance
Its higher by at least 50-75ppi

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
I have no idea but I would imagine so due to the additional 400lbs of engine. If you or anyone else is looking for eco diesel sport suspension PM me. I have mine for sale currently :)

Theoz385

First Name
TED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR. 2013 CAMARO ZL1
Occupation
SERVICE WRITER
I have no idea but I would imagine so due to the additional 400lbs of engine. If you or anyone else is looking for eco diesel sport suspension PM me. I have mine for sale currently :)
Is this a max tow also??

Sponsored

Gladiator_92

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport EcoDiesel
Occupation
Project Management
Vehicle Showcase
Is this a max tow also??
You can't order an ecodiesel with the tax tow package. (although I did order the tow package) But the ecodiesel truck comes with all the same heavy duty axles, etc as the max tow to help with the additional power.

OP
OP
Smess

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
Rubitrux confirmed that the springs are different.

I dont believe max tow is an option on a Rubicon diesel as when I ordered it there was no mention of it.
Sponsored