First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
"22 Willys diesel.....just ordered the Mopar factory bed receptacle (120v) and starting to gather the other parts to make it viable. Im looking at a 1500-2000W inverter, and a place to put it, plus where to potentially mount a battery box/frame under the vehicle to supply power to it. Couple of things I have questions about and will take opinions, help, insight, yada....
The inverters Ive been looking at are in the 1500W range with max surge to 2000W. Im assuming using the watts, volts, amps math, that I would need a battery with at least 170 amps, correct? 2000/12=166.6Amps. So I need to find a smaller deep cycle with that kind of specs. I will run that battery from the main batt with an isolator to keep from sucking the power out of the main, but keep the aux batt charged up. Will prob make the current aux battery from the factory go away. I want to switch the inverter off one of the Aux switches (15A), but most of them come with a rocker switch already built in. I guess I could pull that factory switch out and direct wire it to my Aux switch. From there, easy to make a covered set of leads along the frame and back to the bed installed socket/receptacle.
Like I mentioned, chime in if you have done this or have insight or suggestions. I didn't get it when I ordered the truck because the factory puny inverter wont do anything, I want to be able to use a drill or maybe a circular saw, possibly power up a small compressor for tires, etc. Of course some string lights when out camping. No heavy amp loads really. Maybe a portable reefer for camping, that kind of thing. Im not sure about the battery spec and the Amp Hour thing, need help with that. Like if total load is say intermittent 20 amps, with constant 2 to 5 amps, how long will the aux batt last without charge.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
mrmo

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, im going to start checking that out. Recommendation for a deep cycle batt? Looking at Optima and some smaller thin ones
I went with a 34M AGM deep-cycle from Sam's Club. It fit the battery box, and the capacity is similar to the main battery.
Sponsored