Sponsored

GATOR Gladiator JT Club [Retired]

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
If Jeep Informant is correct, they are 2 different paint codes. Your GC was PGR, and he says Gator will be PGV. Do a search for DEEP BERYL GREEN paint and see pics of it, once again, if that will be THE color.
This came up a few months back, lots of folks were saying that FCA has been known to recycled the same paint code on totally different colors. I know that makes zero sense and seems illogical to me. However if that is true I won’t put much stock in the paint code. Pretty much nobody likes the Deep Beryl Green and I don’t think that looks anywhere close to the any of the leaks or the build and price colors. I know its the same code but really don’t think gator will be that 90s color again.
Sponsored

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford F150; '20 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
This came up a few months back, lots of folks were saying that FCA has been known to recycled the same paint code on totally different colors. I know that makes zero sense and seems illogical to me. However if that is true I won’t put much stock in the paint code. Pretty much nobody likes the Deep Beryl Green and I don’t think that looks anywhere close to the any of the leaks or the build and price colors. I know its the same code but really don’t think gator will be that 90s color again.
Lets hope it wont be that Beryl!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
If Jeep Informant is correct, they are 2 different paint codes. Your GC was PGR, and he says Gator will be PGV. Do a search for DEEP BERYL GREEN paint and see pics of it, once again, if that will be THE color.
But that color looks blueish doesn't it?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
First official look at Gladiator in Gator color!

Two of them are in this photo - see the one in the back as well.

Gator-Jeep-Gladiator-Pickup-JT.jpg
That is protective film on the fenders (and elsewhere) in the picture
Still gives you and idea of what the color will look like with non-painted fenders and top. :puke:

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I'm in the "Pretty much nobody" crowd. That Deep Beryl wasn't my thing, even when it was new and current. There were tons of Jeep Libertys running around in it.

I like the leak pic, with allowances for weird factory floor lighting. Sting Gray is a chameleon in different lighting, I'd think Gator would be too, if the leak is correct as a "flat" green. I'd say Louie Twoie's GC above is as well in his pics, they all look a bit different, but all pretty sharp.

I just keep holding my breath for a high quality press photo or a closeup spy shot.

Not the end of the Gladiator world for me, I'll just go back to what I thought was going to be agonizing over Sting Gray or Black before I knew Gator was a thing... which I still don't have settled in my mind as Plan B if Gator is awful.

Nick1941

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL
I still like it, needs color matched fenders. I will still be getting this color, I meed to see it in person tho.

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
HEY . . .you stole MY photo . . . THAT photo is Copy right protected . . . have a lawyer ?
HAHA... a quick google search brings it to the top of the list!

Edit: All I'm saying is, since I will not be able to see the truck and colors in person before buying it, I think I will need a safer color option.

Last edited:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
HAHA... a quick google search brings it to the top of the list!

Edit: All I'm saying is, since I will not be able to see the truck and colors in person before buying it, I think I will need a safer color option.
ONE SHOULD NEVER BUY SIGHT UNSEEN . . . been a philosophy that has worked well for me, that have being patient !
That's patient, as in patience; NOT patient, as in get me to the hospital in time ! :whew:

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
ONE SHOULD NEVER BUY SIGHT UNSEEN . . . been a philosophy that has worked well for me, that have being patient !
That's patient, as in patience; NOT patient, as in get me to the hospital in time ! :whew:
Lou, I've seen plenty of JLU's overseas, but I doubt I will see a JT over here in Korea. I will probably play it safe with a color I have seen in person on a JL instead of going with Gator. I'm going to order it with delivery set for December 2019... my planned return date - I'm going to need a vehicle as I don't think my CJ will make the drive from Ecuador.

As far as sight unseen... I know what you mean. I bought this bike sight unseen - bad idea! Turned out to be a real pain in the butt!!

511-it.gif

Last edited:

Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
I just wanted to say goodbye Gator club. After 10 lunchtime beers, I have decided to transfer my membership to the Sting Gray club. I have enjoyed this conversation...

Joihan777

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I'm considering between Gobi (a little too light for me) or Gator (a little to dark)... sheesh.
This is my favorite Jeep green, but I have no idea what it's called.

Fav Green Jeep color.jpg

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Status
Not open for further replies.