Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Winch

I went with a Warn EVO 10k Synthetic. I have had good luck with Warn in the past. The EVO is a reasonably priced winch with a reputation for quality.

I chose 10k as opposed to 12k because the 10k winds in faster. In most cases I could double the power with a snatch block if needed.

I have a Factor 55 flatlink to install.

Jeep Gladiator Gator Green Rocklander Build IMG_3398.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Lift.

I went with a Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger. I added 1 3/8" Icon coil spacers to the rear.

I chose Metalcloak due to a reputation for quality and an ability to articulate well. I like the low maintenance joints and quiet operation.

Metalcloak 3.5" lifts look a little saggy in the butt on Rubicon JTs to my eye. With the added coil spacers it sits just right.

Jeep Gladiator Gator Green Rocklander Build IMG_0471.JPG

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Current look:

Jeep Gladiator Gator Green Rocklander Build IMG_0943 (1)

Jeep Gladiator Gator Green Rocklander Build 171419802_1260380601050903_6269460952239305235_n

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Did you upgrade the front drive shaft after doing the lift?
Yes. I ordered it along with the Metalcloak lift. Changed it out at the same time.

bcunning82

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bright White
Lift.

I went with a Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger. I added 1 3/8" Icon coil spacers to the rear.

I chose Metalcloak due to a reputation for quality and an ability to articulate well. I like the low maintenance joints and quiet operation.

Metalcloak 3.5" lifts look a little saggy in the butt on Rubicon JTs to my eye. With the added coil spacers it sits just right.

Jeep Gladiator Gator Green Rocklander Build 171419802_1260380601050903_6269460952239305235_n
I have to agree with you on this about the rear sag. I have the 3.5" game changer and am contemplating adding the Icon spacer as well. It looks like you put the spacer in when you did the lift. Is that correct? If I add at this point, I think I will have to make adjustments to the length of the rear control arms and track bar. Curious if you went with the Metalcloak recommended control arm lengths, or went with different measurements? The Track bar I can manage, by visually centering the axel.

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
I have to agree with you on this about the rear sag. I have the 3.5" game changer and am contemplating adding the Icon spacer as well. It looks like you put the spacer in when you did the lift. Is that correct? If I add at this point, I think I will have to make adjustments to the length of the rear control arms and track bar. Curious if you went with the Metalcloak recommended control arm lengths, or went with different measurements? The Track bar I can manage, by visually centering the axel.
Unfortunately I didn't do the install of the lift (and spacers at the same time). You might try and call Metalcloak. I talked to them ahead of time about the spacers and they said it would be fine to use them. I didn't ask about control arm length since I wasn't doing it. They are quite helpful.

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Did you upgrade the front drive shaft after doing the lift?
Just saw this! Yes, I ordered the driveshaft from Metalcloak along with the lift.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Twins. From. Mine is running 3.5 gamchaner lift method wheels. The semi bead lock low pressure ones 702? Snorkel 37 inch BFG ko2 falcon. Steering stabilizer 10 k superwinch. EXP quadratic 6 inch lights rebel bed rack and a bunch of other stuff

CD236B4A-CA94-4B89-A3B2-EB1A5999C763.jpeg

01CE50AC-F698-440A-9AE3-966446BEDAC6.jpeg

Attachments

Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
--------Update Edit--------

List of Completed/in process Mods

Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger w/Rocksports
Metalcloak hinge steps
Metalcloak rockers and flip steps
Icon 1 3/8" rear coil spacers
Artec truss/gusset/lca skids
Artec full aluminum skid plates
Artec Differential covers
Dana 5.13 gears
RCV axles
Chromoly rear axles
Wheel Vintiques smoothies - 17x9 with 4.25" backspace
Nitto Trail Grappler 37x12.5
Warn 10k winch
ARB dual air compressor fire wall install
Rebel Offroad XPLOR full height rack - modified to hold Jerry cans
Custom locking brackets for holding accessories on rack
Lange Coyote door off mirrors

Current look:

Jeep Gladiator Gator Green Rocklander Build 01CE50AC-F698-440A-9AE3-966446BEDAC6

Jeep Gladiator Gator Green Rocklander Build 01CE50AC-F698-440A-9AE3-966446BEDAC6

--------END EDIT/Original Post Begins------------

Took delivery last month. I wanted a Gator Gladiator so I figured it was time to buy before I couldn't get a new one anymore. Found a loaded one on the lot in Texas and had it shipped to Florida.

Our goal is to have an off roader that can tow our camper easily. We have a JKU currently that we have taken all around the states a few times. We recently bought a T@B 400 Boondock camper and it's at the limits for the JKU. It actually tows it surprisingly well, but we can't take anything extra along or we will be a good bit over the legal limits. The Gladiator is going to be the perfect fit for us. The JKU will go to our soon to be 16 year old.

We intend to take the camper to destinations and explore from there. It's not an off road camper, but it has a kitchen, a/c, shower, etc. All the comforts of home.

This is as it arrived.

Here is our JKU with our little camper. We are putting flat fenders on the JK at the moment. Also re-gearing.

Looking forward to taking the Gladiator on it's first trip!

We will be in Moab in the spring if this covid crap doesn't shut it all down again!
The Squatch on the camper is stellar. Gator would be my color if it wasn’t for living in TX. Got to have white here. IMHO

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Twins. From. Mine is running 3.5 gamchaner lift method wheels. The semi bead lock low pressure ones 702? Snorkel 37 inch BFG ko2 falcon. Steering stabilizer 10 k superwinch. EXP quadratic 6 inch lights rebel bed rack and a bunch of other stuff

Wrong photos

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
Great looking build. I feel lucky to have found a Gator myself, very uncommon color IMO and one of the best colors ever offered by Jeep

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Great looking build. I feel lucky to have found a Gator myself, very uncommon color IMO and one of the best colors ever offered by Jeep
I agree had been a white Jeep guy for 40 years. Saw this fell in love with bought it. I get compliments on it all the time. Not unusual to go into a store and come out and find people checking it out everyone from kids flashing. Hang loose hand signs to. Housewife’s. And old guys. It’s crazy. But got ta love it

OP
OP
Rummie

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Here is how it looks today at the top of Yankee Boy Basin.

Jeep Gladiator Gator Green Rocklander Build IMG_2283.JPG
Sponsored