First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
My wife and I are planning to do as much of the BDR as we can in June, if your interested in joining for some of it.
I've got tentative plans on doing the BDR later this summer. My boys and I want to do it off of our dualsport motorcycles.

A trail report and pictures would be cool.
Sponsored

Boonie

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Donut Hole Maker
I've got tentative plans on doing the BDR later this summer. My boys and I want to do it off of our dualsport motorcycles.

A trail report and pictures would be cool.
Absolutely! I will make sure I get this done.

OP
OP
PW45

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
Never been to that area, but could be interested. Would be a good opportunity to take the motorcycles along and make a long weekend of it.

Now, how about the trail, what vehicle level do you think is needed? Potential or body damage, or possibly pin striping from bushes?

I have a stock Rubicon diesel, except for winch and bumper.
Open to other Jeeps? I'm sure if we went, my boy would probably want to bring his TJ also.

I'm all stock as well except winch and bumper. I'm not too keen on any more body damage so nothing spectacular required. I've never been across Naches but from what I hear it's doable with out any damage.

Sounds like fun but it's still 5 hours east of me.
If we're 5 hours EAST of you, my friend you're in the pacific ocean.

Animal

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Occupation
CMMS Administrator
My wife and I are planning to do as much of the BDR as we can in June, if your interested in joining for some of it.
Section one still had a lot of snow on it last weekend when I went to check it out. Onx still reported it as obstructed this weekend.

I'd definitely be interesting in joining for a section or two if my schedule allows.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Absolutely! I will make sure I get this done.
Spent a little time in the Gifford Pinchot NF, Trout Lake area, this weekend. Snow was anywhere from 3200 to 3800 feet, depending on exposure. It's melting fast and was pretty heavy nasty late spring snow.

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Table mountain area also has a bunch of ootions. I have only been on 2 trails there that were short but theres a huge list. I started mapping just a few of the ones I want to check out next time Im in WA
Jeep Gladiator Interest for a Western Washington/ PNW meet up 29AF61E6-B7D2-4900-8596-DC9A3AF7564D

fortune creek to gallagher head lake is also super awesome. Ive wanted to take that for at least 10 years. Seen plenty of videos of full sized trucks up there so it must be pretty easy. There is additional trail past the lake that is steep and difficult with high consequence but i dont think anyone has rolled so its probably fine with. Winch and a few competent drivers.

I'm interested depending on timing and certainly up for either a day run or something overnight.

I haven't run Naches in a couple years but pin-striping would be the worse I'd expect based on running it in a JKU and only if the trails haven't been cleared. Some of the other stuff in that area (Manatash, Funny Rocks) definitely has the opportunity for body damage !! Regardless, it's a gorgeous part of the state.

A TJ would have a lot of fun .... short wheel base, would miss all the trees that rip out our tail lights :)

It will mostly depend on how badly the trails have been destroyed by the idiots in the SxSs or if the area has been shutdown because people (the aforementioned SxSs) have been doing donuts in the meadows......
the last few pics I saw of it looked really rough and definately some body damage potential.

sharkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 willys gladiator, 2005 rubicon lj, 1942 gpw
I am in depending on the timing. May not use my Gladiator may be in my LJ but will be a jeep

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I am in for anywhere in the PNW, I am Oregon based. Just got back from the Florence Jeep n’ Greet.

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
fortune creek to gallagher head lake is also super awesome.
There is a forest road that runs most of the way which most of the big trucks take but the actual trail is only difficult unless it happens to be rutted out. The lake is a popular campsite in the summer so lots of traffic in the afternoons heading up the trail.

The second segment is pretty easy too except for one steep section. As you said, nothing to worry about if you aren't doing dumb ass shit.

The other trail that's popular in that area is Van Epps Pass. Same starting point as Gallagher but splits off and heads north. Its another pretty simple trail whose difficulty depends on any washouts.

MataFoca

First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon
I'd be interested, but definitely depends on trail status and overnight preferred.

Sponsored

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT-R
fortune creek to gallagher head lake is also super awesome. Ive wanted to take that for at least 10 years. Seen plenty of videos of full sized trucks up there so it must be pretty easy. There is additional trail past the lake that is steep and difficult with high consequence but i dont think anyone has rolled so its probably fine with. Winch and a few competent drivers.
One of my favorites in that area for sure. To the best of my knowledge the lake is the effective end of the 4x4 trail... There are a couple of hiking/dirtbike trails that continues in a Southerly direction down the other side of the drainage but it's not a legal 4x4 trail.

IMG_2316.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

OP
OP
PW45

PW45

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Dad, Veteran, Electrical Engineer
The other trail that's popular in that area is Van Epps Pass. Same starting point as Gallagher but splits off and heads north. Its another pretty simple trail whose difficulty depends on any washouts.
yes, Van Epps Pass that's the place, was up there years ago. I think it was August and there was still a ton of snow on the trails!

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
To the best of my knowledge the lake is the effective end of the 4x4 trail...
There is one more stretch. I believe it's known as Hawkins Mountain Trail. Generally pretty easy although there is one very steep stretch that is usually rutted out and half destroyed by the SxS crowd. I've never had any issues but I can see that a stock non-rubicon might have problems with traction.

Jeep Gladiator Interest for a Western Washington/ PNW meet up IMG_7945

jeep1

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2024 JLURX
yes, Van Epps Pass that's the place, was up there years ago. I think it was August and there was still a ton of snow on the trails!
Yeah... that section trails isn't even open until June 15th and we saw patches of left over ice and snow as late as October. Just in time for it to all start again !!