GCMLE Turbo Outlander Build

Which accent color would you choose?

• Total voters

1UPPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT LE GCM
I’m waiting like all the other GCMLE hopefully sooner than later owners. I’m excited to get my Gladiator in so I can begin my build. I’ve been planning my build out for a while now. I’ve already ordered a lot of the parts for my build. I want to be able to get my Gladiator build going ASAP. I ordered my 17”x9” forged wheels from Weld Racing. They will take 6-8 weeks to get them built. The wheels will go to my powder coater with all my other parts as soon as they all arrive. I’m going to have the 2” mopar lift to begin with. I’ve ordered 37”/12.5/17 BFG KM3 tires. I have an EVO manufacturing rear cab roof rack that will be powder coated to match my GCM color. I’ll have my Rigid adapt 50” Lightbar mounted either on the front of the rack or over the front windshield. Final placement is still pending until I get the truck. I also like the look of the round KC led lights a lot. I do plan to have a full King coilover suspension later on. I’m waiting on a suspension that hasn’t released just yet. I originally wanted to do the hellcat swap but the quotes I got for that were insane! I’ll be ordering the Rockslide engineering power steps this month. I plan to have the side step guards as well. My build is geared more towards an outlander setup. I like the rear bed racks but I’m also considering a camper shell setup. There is one that will debut at Sema in October that I’m curious to see. I plan to have a rack over the rear camper shell for my kayaks and other gear. I would like to have a pull out bed slide unit for all my gear, powered fridge, wash station and other goodies. Bumpers will be changed out once I decide on what brand I want. A front winch will also be a must. I already priced out Hardcore plus XD60 wide trac axle swap from Dynatrac. Going to enjoy the Gladiator with the stock axles first before throwing that much in parts out the gate.

So I’ve got two different color schemes I’m considering on my build. I worked with KEG media to get my powder coat colors for visual. He did add my rear cab roof rack on the renderings for me. There's lots of changes I plan to do not shown on the renderings. I just wanted to get a visual of my the colors I’m leaning towards the most. Choice are between an orange and a teal color. I think they both play well off the Granite tones. What color do you think looks better?

45F6495E-ADFD-4B10-B73E-C5C8033CEE80.jpeg

88E393B7-FC10-480C-A326-7BEC8B7AC9A4.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
No option for “neither” - hey, it’s your Gladiator, do what you want but you did ask.

I will follow your very expensive build with interest

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Personally can't do the teal. Have always thought it is cheesy. The orange with orange bits would be my choice of the two. Better longevity and resell too...
If not a hellcat, what are you doing?

OP
OP
1UPPER

1UPPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT LE GCM
No option for “neither” - hey, it’s your Gladiator, do what you want but you did ask.

I will follow your very expensive build with interest
Well “neither” is definitely an option too. Lol

I’ve done red and blue accent colors before but I wanted to do something a little different.

Thanks for the input!

OP
OP
1UPPER

1UPPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT LE GCM
Personally can't do the teal. Have always thought it is cheesy. The orange with orange bits would be my choice of the two. Better longevity and resell too...
If not a hellcat, what are you doing?
I’ve still got a good six weeks before my wheels arrive. So I won’t make my final decision until I see them in person. The orange color is hard to get a perspective from the renderings. It looks really good next to the GCM color!

For the motor upgrades, I want to get more hp power and torque. My current truck is SC with over 500hp and 530 lb or torque, so I’m used to having more power when I need it. I’m also reading and learning from other Jeep owners on what they recommend. I’ve read lots of bad reviews on here about the Turbo kit by Prodigy, so I think that’s a bad idea. Who doesn’t love the idea of having 700 hp, but that’s probably going to become a money pit for other upgrades needed from all the additional power. Realistically, I would be happy with a little more power than stock. Something that is reliable long term. I’ve heard lots of good things on the V-8 swaps but I’m still doing research on that.

Any recommendations for motor swaps or upgrades to the motor?

I do have a 2014 JK with 4.56 gears, 35s, exhaust, cold air intake and a programmer. It made a big difference from stock.

Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll trade you an opinion for one of your LE take off wheels ;)

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
LS or 5.7. no reason to go crazy...

unless you can! Hellephant FTW!

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I’m not a fan of teal either. My personal opinion is a bronze color looks pretty good but to each their own.

You mentioned a camper shell being debuted at SEMA in October. Can you elaborate? I’m definitely getting a camper shell and still trying to decide which one to get...

OP
OP
1UPPER

1UPPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT LE GCM
I’m not a fan of teal either. My personal opinion is a bronze color looks pretty good but to each their own.

You mentioned a camper shell being debuted at SEMA in October. Can you elaborate? I’m definitely getting a camper shell and still trying to decide which one to get...
ARE is going to release a new camper shell at Sema. There are a lot of new products for the Gladiator that will debut at Sema.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
ARE is going to release a new camper shell at Sema. There are a lot of new products for the Gladiator that will debut at Sema.
Great. Thanks, i’ll Keep an eye out for developments.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Have you looked at a SC? There are plenty of people who have put blowers on their JEEPS

OP
OP
1UPPER

1UPPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT LE GCM
Have you looked at a SC? There are plenty of people who have put blowers on their JEEPS
I’ve looked into the Ripp SC before. I’m going to get the Gladiator first and see how it performs with the wheels, tires and lift before I make any decisions on any motor upgrades.

OP
OP
1UPPER

1UPPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT LE GCM
My Gladiator is now in JBS status!! Should be at my dealership in a months time or less.
:rock:

OP
OP
1UPPER

1UPPER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT LE GCM
My 17” Forged Bead lock wheels by Weld Racing arrived. They look so good!
7373D43E-7E5D-44D1-8474-CD741A40C78B.jpeg

EE9DF0DA-76A4-459B-99F1-F3F8AA68C213.jpeg
Sponsored