Sponsored

GDE tune now available for JT, post your experience!

Saltymedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport Eco-d
Occupation
Retired Fire-Medic
Been swiftly searching for posts regarding the newly released GDE tune. I was expecting to see quite a few posts but have yet to stumble across them yet. Maybe it's just too new. Anyway, I figured I'd post a new thread to get the ball rolling.

Post your experiences here please!
Sponsored

Tart_Cart

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 STI, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Travel HCW

This guy has a couple videos on his GDE engine and transmission tune. I really like his thought process on it. Been waiting for him to post some more updates on it, for now its clear he doesnt like the transmission tune for around town.

Stick with the video through the 1st minute he gets out of the wind and it clears up.

Overall it seems the GDE tune will be better for the truck vs a pedal commander or something along those lines. Im strongly debating going with them as soon as I get my truck.

BEERviper

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator SS eco Diesel
Occupation
Real Estate
Wow, hard to believe you missed this thread with 400+ replies!

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gde-is-back-and-making-epa-compliant-tune.30086/

I am however also in the same boat, I would love to hear more real world experience from more than 1 or 2 owners.

My biggest draw is reduced soot formation with all the short trips I take, but I haven't seen anything real world yet to tell me this is happening for anyone.

If you just want moar powah then this is an easy choice. However the risk of dealer updates to the ECU without having a backup cloned without the tune is a big deal.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Looks like wxman sold his truck! Just saw he posted it or a link to the dealers site. Wonder if he got another Jeep or moved onā€¦

Sponsored

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Looks like wxman sold his truck! Just saw he posted it or a link to the dealers site. Wonder if he got another Jeep or moved onā€¦
I didnā€™t have time to watch it, but the newest vid is regarding a Toyota. The vid before that was a walk in a pasture expressing how disgruntled he was regarding Ford and Chrysler products.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
I think many may be reluctant to discuss any tuning theyā€™ve done since Jeep trolls these pages. It wouldnā€™t be difficult to find the vehicles and mark their systems as altered for future referenceā€¦

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
I know of at least two other companies tuning these. Don't know anything about them so someone will have to do their own homework.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I think many may be reluctant to discuss any tuning theyā€™ve done since Jeep trolls these pages. It wouldnā€™t be difficult to find the vehicles and mark their systems as altered for future referenceā€¦
They have a stored historical code that fires whenever they see anything that resembles an aftermarket tune running on the engine. The code doesn't set off a CEL, but stores as a permanent engine code. So if you plug in a tuner, and then uninstall it to take it to the dealer, they can see the stored code and know you have been running an aftermarket tuner.

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 F-150, ā€˜15 CTS, ā€˜21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
They have a stored historical code that fires whenever they see anything that resembles an aftermarket tune running on the engine. The code doesn't set off a CEL, but stores as a permanent engine code. So if you plug in a tuner, and then uninstall it to take it to the dealer, they can see the stored code and know you have been running an aftermarket tuner.
Can you verify this?

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Design
Can you verify this?
The Engine Error code is P1400 if I remember correctly. I just edited it out of the error table on my truck, but yes, when I unlocked my ECM it was fine, but as soon as I pushed a custom tune to the ECM and drove it, the code set. I am not sure how buried it is, if you can see it with a normal code reader, but it showed up pretty clearly to the HP Tuner. It simply set the code, with no description. I had to do some digging on the internet to find out what the code meant.

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Design
The Engine Error code is 1314 if I remember correctly. I just edited it out of the error table on my truck, but yes, when I unlocked my ECM it was fine, but as soon as I pushed a custom tune to the ECM and drove it, the code set. I am not sure how buried it is, if you can see it with a normal code reader, but it showed up pretty clearly to the HP Tuner. It simply set the code, with no description. I had to do some digging on the internet to find out what the code meant.
https://www.chargerforumz.com/threads/2015-and-up-tuning-your-charger-dodge-knows.183865/

Kole Miller

First Name
Kole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon jt diesel
Occupation
Dentist
I had my JT Diesel tuned by GDE last fall as an early tune. Things you notice after the tune are more torque and horsepower immediately. It sounds more like a diesel now. Most importantly it runs off the low pressure EGR about 95 % of the time except warm up uses the high pressure EGR. So the engine runs cleaner than stock which is the main reason I had it tuned. The irritating noise is gone when you shut off the engine I used to hear that humming noise for about 2 minutes but now gone. Better gas mileage by about 10%. The start of the new year GDE sent me an update on the transmission tune. The early tune during warm up would want to stay in low gear longer than it should to help speed warm up. but the updated trans tune seems to have addressed it. overall I love my tune. I have no issues at all. No warning lights , nothing. I have already told the dealership whom I get along with very well that I have a tune and they said just remind them when I bring it in for inspection so they don't write over it. GDE gave me a hand flash tool to put the tran back to stock when I bring it to dealer then back to tune after. Just thought I wouild share. Hope it helps.

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Iā€™m still hoping for hand cal for the ecm. Bench tune is just a pain in the ass. Also having to buy and keep an extra ecm on the shelf for warranty work is also more then Iā€™d prefer. But the tune itself is more then likely perfectly safe. Gde is not new to any of this

OP
OP
Saltymedic

Saltymedic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Sport Eco-d
Occupation
Retired Fire-Medic
I had my JT Diesel tuned by GDE last fall as an early tune. Things you notice after the tune are more torque and horsepower immediately. It sounds more like a diesel now. Most importantly it runs off the low pressure EGR about 95 % of the time except warm up uses the high pressure EGR. So the engine runs cleaner than stock which is the main reason I had it tuned. The irritating noise is gone when you shut off the engine I used to hear that humming noise for about 2 minutes but now gone. Better gas mileage by about 10%. The start of the new year GDE sent me an update on the transmission tune. The early tune during warm up would want to stay in low gear longer than it should to help speed warm up. but the updated trans tune seems to have addressed it. overall I love my tune. I have no issues at all. No warning lights , nothing. I have already told the dealership whom I get along with very well that I have a tune and they said just remind them when I bring it in for inspection so they don't write over it. GDE gave me a hand flash tool to put the tran back to stock when I bring it to dealer then back to tune after. Just thought I wouild share. Hope it helps.
What size tires and lift or other mods are you running?
Sponsored