First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Driver
Gearing to run 35’s? Any suggestions for minimum gearing to run 35’s or optimum gearing? Thanks everyone for the input
Sponsored

wvyankee2

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
4.56 would be the gear. I put 4.88 because I tow a 4500# trailer, and I will be good if I ever want to go to 37's.

Gunnuts

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I think that's going to be subjective. I have 4:10s and put 35x10.50 on gladiator wheels yesterday. Part of the decision was to stay on the lighter side. The trans shifts more often and works harder in the hills but the gearing is fine. I would guess if I wanted to get back to performance close to stock I would go with 4:56. I'd be more comfortable there if I were towing too. If you go with heavier tires and wheels, you're gonna notice the weight even more. For my setup, the 4:10s are just fine and I won't re-gear. The auto is amazing and really makes the best of the engine. I can't speak for the manual on the gladiator but my wife has a JL sport s with the 6 and stock gears. That gearing is not optimal even with the stock tires.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I think that's going to be subjective. I have 4:10s and put 35x10.50 on gladiator wheels yesterday. Part of the decision was to stay on the lighter side. The trans shifts more often and works harder in the hills but the gearing is fine. I would guess if I wanted to get back to performance close to stock I would go with 4:56. I'd be more comfortable there if I were towing too. If you go with heavier tires and wheels, you're gonna notice the weight even more. For my setup, the 4:10s are just fine and I won't re-gear. The auto is amazing and really makes the best of the engine. I can't speak for the manual on the gladiator but my wife has a JL sport s with the 6 and stock gears. That gearing is not optimal even with the stock tires.
I have heavy ass Falken tires. I notice it only a little more than my heavy 32” Falkens. Besides I thought outside of towing applications the circumference of the tire mattered more than the weighy

Sponsored

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I am currently on 315/70s with 3.73s and it is not terrible, I will be going to 4.88s in the future as I do tow occasionally and MAY upgrade to 37s after these wear out.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I am running 38" tires with 4.10 gears and reprogrammed the computer with the Taser for the tire size. I do not have any power issues or strange shifts so far. It is my intention to do an axle swap and will likely go with 5.13 gears like my last JKU had. I don't think you will have any problems running 35s with the stock gears of you reprogram your computer for them.

z0lt3c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Build Thread
Link
I'm running 315/70/17's with 3.73 gears and the automatic transmission reprogrammed to 33.2" tires. I honestly can't tell the difference. I am way more concerned about the steering box.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I'm running 315/70/17's with 3.73 gears and the automatic transmission reprogrammed to 33.2" tires. I honestly can't tell the difference. I am way more concerned about the steering box.
That's a good point. I also added the Synergy Sector Shaft Brace when I put the larger tires on.

Sponsored