Gen-Y Glyder hitch

Benfica09

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
First time towing with my JTR, and I'm loving it. Felt strong and stable, and climbed hills with ease. Much smoother running with the boat hitched up vs. my GX460.

Also this is the first time I'm using my new hitch. So far I'm really impressed with this Glyder hitch from Gen-Y. Extremely well made product, and the 1hr ride from the lake to home was silky smooth. No more pulling & tugging from the trailer on bumpy roads. The test will be tomorrow, as we are towing a solid 12hr+ down to NC.

Super happy with the setup so far. Anyone considering the Glyder, I say its worth it. I went with the 6" rise/drop version. This should give me the flexibility when I add larger tires and modest lift. 🍻

Jeep Gladiator Gen-Y Glyder hitch PXL_20210618_173118464

Jeep Gladiator Gen-Y Glyder hitch PXL_20210624_133113767

Jeep Gladiator Gen-Y Glyder hitch PXL_20210624_135441073
Sponsored

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Any idea on overall weight? Where does the leverage come from?

I like the Husky setup we have, but it's 100 lbs and the Anderson setup is 50 lbs.

OP
OP
Benfica09

Benfica09

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
The hitch weighs around 40lbs +/-
There's a thrubolt with rubber bushings to allow that flex and cushion. Check out their website, it's got a video showing how it works.

600+ mile trip, and it was super smooth ride. Really happy with the setup.

yolo

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon (Diesel)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Glad you are happy with your hitch, but you should really consider a weight-distribution setup if you are towing anything significant (especially on bumpy roads). Far safer and an overall more enjoyable ride.

I personally use an Anderson style hitch when towing a 4k lb travel trailer and it made a world of difference. Though I might try a hitch like yours towing a light weight trailer or something.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
I don't think I have ever seen a WD Hitch on a boat trailer. At least not sport boats. I could be wrong, if so someone will step in and show us.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Good to see a real world review. I keep looking at those things everytime I see TFL mention them on youtube.

OP
OP
Benfica09

Benfica09

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I'm all for towing safely and I'm sure a WD hitch wouldn't hurt. In this case, my boat is 1,800lbs dry, aluminum trailer with tandem axels is about 1,000lbs.

I think as you approach 5k pounds, you should strongly consider a WD hitch + brake controller. Again, just my experience.

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
I'm all for towing safely and I'm sure a WD hitch wouldn't hurt. In this case, my boat is 1,800lbs dry, aluminum trailer with tandem axels is about 1,000lbs.

I think as you approach 5k pounds, you should strongly consider a WD hitch + brake controller. Again, just my experience.
And if you tow a car on a car trailer at around 6k#, which I do, you don't really need one because you can move the towed car forward or backward to distribute the weight properly.

OP cool setup, never heard of that before, will investigate!
Sponsored