Genesis dual battery issues

jscott

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-gray Gladiator Rubicon
Installed the Genesis dual battery system and now I have no power at all. Any ideas?

I double checked the ground wires are on, the fuses all seem to be seated, all the wiring on the batteries was done correctly, and there is power in the batteries because my step sliders do work (that’s literally the only thing that works)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Their install video shows taking out the fuse box to remove the ESS battery. I would start there and check all the connections.

OP
OP

jscott

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Their install video shows taking out the fuse box to remove the ESS battery. I would start there and check all the connections.
Thanks! I did remove the ESS and reinstalled the fuse box. The secondary battery terminals are installed on the dual battery system as suggested in the video. Idk what’s going on…

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I did remove the ESS and reinstalled the fuse box. The secondary battery terminals are installed on the dual battery system as suggested in the video. Idk what’s going on…
I was thinking of the plugs and pins on the bottom of the fuse box. But it is a good idea to trace the wiring and confirm all the other connections.

OP
OP

jscott

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking of the plugs and pins on the bottom of the fuse box. But it is a good idea to trace the wiring and confirm all the other connections.
Sounds good. I guess I’ll check on that next. Thanks so much for your help!

Sponsored

oscarach

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Sounds good. I guess I’ll check on that next. Thanks so much for your help!
Did you ever resolve this? Having the same issue.
Have 12.8v to all 6 connections to the fuse box and all the fuses are seated correctly.

OP
OP

jscott

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you ever resolve this? Having the same issue.
Have 12.8v to all 6 connections to the fuse box and all the fuses are seated correctly.
Yes I called Genesis and got it worked out. in the install video it tells you to take one of the negative wires and disconnect/stow it away. However, this is not correct. You have to leave it attached and/or reattach it. Once I did that everything worked fine. Hope that helps!

oscarach

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I called Genesis and got it worked out. in the install video it tells you to take one of the negative wires and disconnect/stow it away. However, this is not correct. You have to leave it attached and/or reattach it. Once I did that everything worked fine. Hope that helps!
Yes that did help, got it up and running, Thank You.
Now I just have to figure out how to get the off-road pages to show up in the uconnect again and for the AC to show a setting other than lo.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now I just have to figure out how to get the off-road pages to show up in the uconnect again and for the AC to show a setting other than lo.
When the Uconnect system is rebooted, it can take up to 24 hours for it to return to normal.

jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2019 Cherokee KL 2020 Gladiator JT
Jeep made a change to the negative battery cables, swapping the aux battery negative for the body ground cable. What Genesis shows as leaving the unused aux battery negative cable disconnected back then is now leaving the body ground disconnected.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon & BMW F800GS
That's odd; I did the install a few months back and left the ground not attached as they indicated in the original install video. I had no issues when booting up besides my rear/front facing camera's showing a blue screen. I let the vehicle sit for 24 hours and it rebooted fine later. I wonder if I'll have any issues because I left that cable stowed away as opposed to attached which sounds like that fixed your issue. I did however have to turn off auto-stop as it caused issues after maybe 6 auto-start-stops where I received an error message on the dash. I had to use my taser in a full reboot to solve the issues and that's where I was able to get mine functioning properly. Hmmm :idea: now I wonder if I need to go attach that negative....

oscarach

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's odd; I did the install a few months back and left the ground not attached as they indicated in the original install video. I had no issues when booting up besides my rear/front facing camera's showing a blue screen. I let the vehicle sit for 24 hours and it rebooted fine later. I wonder if I'll have any issues because I left that cable stowed away as opposed to attached which sounds like that fixed your issue. I did however have to turn off auto-stop as it caused issues after maybe 6 auto-start-stops where I received an error message on the dash. I had to use my taser in a full reboot to solve the issues and that's where I was able to get mine functioning properly. Hmmm :idea: now I wonder if I need to go attach that negative....
The issue I had with the Uconnect was after the Genesis issue was resolved. I had just not let the Uconnect boot up fully. The issue with the Genesis install is with the 2021 models where if you do not leave that negative cable attached the Jeep will be completely dead, no lights when you open the doors or anything, because your electrical system is not grounded properly.

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon & BMW F800GS
The issue I had with the Uconnect was after the Genesis issue was resolved. I had just not let the Uconnect boot up fully. The issue with the Genesis install is with the 2021 models where if you do not leave that negative cable attached the Jeep will be completely dead, no lights when you open the doors or anything, because your electrical system is not grounded properly.
Makes sense I've got a 2020 launch edition so may be the reason I'm not needing to do that. I guess I should reach out to Genesis to just be certain. Appreciate the clarity.
Sponsored