First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
I’ve deicided to get a Livernois tuner to run a 91 octane tune on my Mojave with a manual transmission.
honestly I’m just not satisfied with the way the 3.6 pushes the Gladiator around. I feel a dip in the power in the middle of the RPMS and sometimes the stock tune seems off when tipping into or closing the throttle.
I don’t have a Dragy (outside Philly BTW), if anyone is interested let me know if you have any suggestions or requests for before/ after comparison ideas.
I plan to send my ECU out sometime next week so unfortunately I can’t do a back to back same day type of comparison.
Sponsored

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
I don’t think I’ll pay to put it on a dyno, I’d like to but I’d rather drop that cash into a second ECU which I’m not doing. (Counting on there reputation heavily)

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
Following. This is one of the first mods I'm planning---but I'm going to drive to them and have them dyno before and after.

Obviously, to make a real improvement I'll have them increase the airflow throughout and then tune. Between that and a proper tune I should have a noticeable improvement in pep and sound.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
What year is your jeep and what elevation are you at! I have worked on two severly over fueled jeeps with that calibration and they lock your ecm so you are stuck with their calibration. I asked the year because I have not seen anyone in the aftermarket have the 2021 calibrations fully figured out and some were downright scary

Sponsored

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
2021 Mojave, you can go back to stock tune, or they have a 87, 91, E85 of there own.
I believe the stock map is saved on the device and online by them if you want. If I understand the instructions correctly.

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Following. This is one of the first mods I'm planning---but I'm going to drive to them and have them dyno before and after.

Obviously, to make a real improvement I'll have them increase the airflow throughout and then tune. Between that and a proper tune I should have a noticeable improvement in pep and sound.
I think the stock mapping has room for improvement without other mods. At some point I may do more, but right now I do feel the manual transmission exposes the weak points of the stock tune more than the automatics I drove.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I think the stock mapping has room for improvement without other mods. At some point I may do more, but right now I do feel the manual transmission exposes the weak points of the stock tune more than the automatics I drove.
I think you're right, I'm definitely getting the Manual Transmission which is why I see this mod as an early one.

IamWardicus

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently Driving: Sport S Max Tow Gladiator in Sting-Gray
Occupation
Management in a retail setting
2021 Mojave, you can go back to stock tune, or they have a 87, 91, E85 of there own.
I believe the stock map is saved on the device and online by them if you want. If I understand the instructions correctly.
Yes You can keep the stock tune on the MyCalibrator. On mine I have the stock 87, tuned 87, tuned 91, and tuned 93. They have a E85 tune also - I just chose to not as I have no intention of doing a full fill of E85. As my tunes are all FFV capable if I ever did need to do some E85 as an emergency I'm not SOL.
I can recommend their tune & the transmission tune that comes with it. I was (on stock Sport tires) getting 20-22mpg on my daily drive and 23-24mpg if I was visiting my parents doing the highway at 77mph for 1/2 of the drive. On my 285/75r17 tires I'm now getting 19 daily mix and 21ish on the drive to my parents. This is with zero other mods and I run the 91 tune daily. Just swapped to the 93 tune yesterday to daily it for a few weeks to see if i can get a little more MPG on my daily drive.
(Very) Long term I'm looking into a different intake, throttle body, and downpipes/exhaust.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I assume you are 2020 Gladiator and at elevation. Yes you can return to stock but the ECM will be locked out for any other aftermarket tunes. So it is stock or your Livernious tunes. I have worked with two people who had to get new ecms.​

Sponsored

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
FFV? Sorry I’m drawing a blank on that one can you please explain that to me?

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
Shipping the ECU out Monday (need the truck this weekend)

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
The 2021’s are different. Id listen to Dave and wait for them to sort the ‘21’s out better.

OP
OP
81Mojave

81Mojave

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2010 JKU
Occupation
Transportation
I’m curious what is different in the 3.6 from 2020 to 2021? Only difference I can think of is the changes for the clutch protection.

ECU sent out today, hopefully the storm doesn’t slow down shipping.

I will say If the product is poor I will report it as so, but honestly I do trust the companies reputation.

I’ll report back when they receive the ECU.
Sponsored