Sponsored

Getting new wheels and tires on first Gladiator and have some questions?

Theh8er

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
What's up everyone. I'm new here and I got my first Gladiator. Looking to swap out the stock wheels on the sport. Thinking Nitto Ridge Grappler 33's on Fuel 17x9's as I've read that doesn't require a lift and won't really affect the performance (mainly acceleration and braking) too much. Anyone put that kind of combo and if so any rubbing in the front? That's my main concern! Then there's the TPMS sensors in the stocks. Should I reuse those on the new set or buy replacmnts and do I have to reprogram TPMS via the ODP port or is there another way? Thanks in advance. This whole jeep thing is new to me hope I don't regret it. More importantly I hope my wallet doesn't regret it!
Sponsored

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
TPMS sensors will program themselves

OP
OP
Theh8er

Theh8er

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Would you know if I could just take them off the stock rims from the sport and put them on the new set or should I just buy new ones?

OP
OP
Theh8er

Theh8er

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Found the answer. Better to buy new ones with the new wheels/tires. Appreciate your time though.

Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
There’s no harm in swapping the TPMs if done it a few times and no issues

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
worst case you'll need new seals for the TMPS but those kits are cheap - the sensors themselves should be no problem. Make sure you get proper backspacing/offset on the wheels, you do not want to tuck them any further under the fenders. You will need 1.5" more backspacing to keep the same clearance to the inner fenders if going 9" wide (all extra width pushed out). If the wheels are measured in offset you will want about 20 less than stock. Stock wheels are 17x7.5 +44.5 according to the google machine so you're looking at about 17x9 +25

You'll lose acceleration with the 33s but braking should be no issue. IMO fuel wheels are hideous garbage but that's personal taste.

R JEEP

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I also have been looking at new wheels and tires for my JTR
Why do you not like Fuel brand wheels?

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I also have been looking at new wheels and tires for my JTR
Why do you not like Fuel brand wheels?
I think they're hideous. Same with XDs. Gaudy for the sake of being gaudy. And typically driven by assholes around me. Bad taste extends from wheels to squatted "lifts" to straight piped V8s that I can hear for miles. They exist in a culture I cannot stand

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
I think they're hideous. Same with XDs. Gaudy for the sake of being gaudy. And typically driven by assholes around me. Bad taste extends from wheels to squatted "lifts" to straight piped V8s that I can hear for miles. They exist in a culture I cannot stand
It get the same impression. To that list you can add guys who think "Rolling Coal" is cool while puffing on their douche flutes.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Found the answer. Better to buy new ones with the new wheels/tires. Appreciate your time though.
This is not the case. Not all aftermarket sensors work. I bought new TPMS with my new tires/wheels & they read fine, but caused a constant dummy light until I got annoyed enough to disable the TPMS all together. About to get new tires again & when I do I will be pulling the stock sensors & putting them in.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
worst case you'll need new seals for the TMPS but those kits are cheap - the sensors themselves should be no problem. Make sure you get proper backspacing/offset on the wheels, you do not want to tuck them any further under the fenders. You will need 1.5" more backspacing to keep the same clearance to the inner fenders if going 9" wide (all extra width pushed out). If the wheels are measured in offset you will want about 20 less than stock. Stock wheels are 17x7.5 +44.5 according to the google machine so you're looking at about 17x9 +25

You'll lose acceleration with the 33s but braking should be no issue. IMO fuel wheels are hideous garbage but that's personal taste.
yeah, the number one selling wheel for the jeep aftermarket is "garbage". If I had ten bucks for every gangbanger, granny, redneck, or kid that complimented my fuel wheels on 35's, i'd be rich(er)

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
yeah, the number one selling wheel for the jeep aftermarket is "garbage". If I had ten bucks for every gangbanger, granny, redneck, or kid that complimented my fuel wheels on 35's, i'd be rich(er)
Sorry my opinion hurt your feelings, must suck to know someone on the internet disagrees with your opinion.
Sponsored