Sponsored

Getting the "Aux Switches Temporarily Unavailable While Battery Charging" warning.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2021 JT Sport S

So I figure I'd get ahead of it and replace both batteries. Topping off both Aux and Yellow Top while waiting on replacement fender clips just incase I break a few. I'll be replacing the Aux battery through the wheel well.

Jeep Gladiator Getting the "Aux Switches Temporarily Unavailable While Battery Charging" warning. 717c374d-5ff8-4d31-9cb0-75c8e5a7f21b-jpe

Jeep Gladiator Getting the "Aux Switches Temporarily Unavailable While Battery Charging" warning. 062c10db-30df-430a-abe3-dac04a8b9b60-jpe
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I know the factory instructions are to go through the wheel well, but I would argue doing the "top down" method to change the aux battery is not all that bad and way less hassle.

robburns76

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max tow
I know the factory instructions are to go through the wheel well, but I would argue doing the "top down" method to change the aux battery is not all that bad and way less hassle.

I would agree. and no worry about breaking clips

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
I'm getting this same message. Signed up for a Jamboree in about a month so I suppose I should get batteries replaced. Wonder how long I have. I seem to get the message briefly every time I start from cold engine.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting this same message. Signed up for a Jamboree in about a month so I suppose I should get batteries replaced. Wonder how long I have. I seem to get the message briefly every time I start from cold engine.
If you drive it daily, and are getting the message, the quick fix is to replace both batteries. You could try separately charging each battery and resetting the IBS, it will buy some time. If the batteries are getting close to three years old, I would just replace them. Make sure each one is fully charged before installing.

Sponsored

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
If you drive it daily, and are getting the message, the quick fix is to replace both batteries. You could try separately charging each battery and resetting the IBS, it will buy some time. If the batteries are getting close to three years old, I would just replace them. Make sure each one is fully charged before installing.
Thanks. Almost four years at this point (original batteries) so I guess I'm on borrowed time. Hopefully extended warranty will cover. I have manual and never use ESS so I'll ask dealer if I can do without Aux.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Almost four years at this point (original batteries) so I guess I'm on borrowed time. Hopefully extended warranty will cover. I have manual and never use ESS so I'll ask dealer if I can do without Aux.
Batteries are only covered under the 3/36 factory warranty. Dealer will tell you that both batteries need to remain for warranty coverage. Whether or not ESS is used has no significant effect on charging or battery life.

My main battery failed at about 3.5 years. I bought a new Aux Battery, at the same time, but have not replaced it yet. It is 4 years old and still working.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
How long does it sit between drives, and how far/long do you drive it when you do drive it?

And.......... what Mr._Bill said as far as ESS not mattering, etc.

Dealer isn't likely to do "mods" like leaving a battery out or disabling things. In fact, they'd be in trouble if caught doing so. There's a reason you can't easily just turn it off and leave it off without other "equipment" doing so.
You'll have to read the details of "extended warranty" to know coverage. They aren't truly warranties but are service contracts. Only the original is really a warranty, and service contracts vary with what you buy for the added "coverage". In other words, read the fine print of your service contract that is in the market called a "warranty".

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Both my JT and my wife’s ‘21 JL started seeing the AUX message a few months ago. Fast forward to this weekend. Her JL is dead as a door nail Sunday. Needs to be jumped to be started.

2 years old and still under warranty. Guess we are off to the dealership.

Interesting tidbit ….her check engine light also came on same time as well and she got an email “health report” saying a power train service is needed? Didn’t think a dead battery would throw this.

Anyone else?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Both my JT and my wife’s ‘21 JL started seeing the AUX message a few months ago. Fast forward to this weekend. Her JL is dead as a door nail Sunday. Needs to be jumped to be started.

2 years old and still under warranty. Guess we are off to the dealership.

Interesting tidbit ….her check engine light also came on same time as well and she got an email “health report” saying a power train service is needed? Didn’t think a dead battery would throw this.

Anyone else?
Depends on what the powertrain issue is. Low voltage will often impact the modules, causing them to freak out, puke, whatever. They hate low voltage. Running it should be fine........but....... I wonder when the report was assembled and sent through the ether to be sent on to your wife.
I've gotten reports on my JT when the thing has been sitting so I assume it doesn't have to be running to put together a report. Could be wrong, note the word "assume".

Sponsored

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Depends on what the powertrain issue is. Low voltage will often impact the modules, causing them to freak out, puke, whatever. They hate low voltage. Running it should be fine........but....... I wonder when the report was assembled and sent through the ether to be sent on to your wife.
I've gotten reports on my JT when the thing has been sitting so I assume it doesn't have to be running to put together a report. Could be wrong, note the word "assume".
What I am thinking as well. JL performed perfectly while at EJS in Moab 2 weeks ago and sat for a few days When back home. Other than the AUX note on dash at startup, no issues at all. Report was emailed yesterday so who knows when it was actually compiled.

Will be jump starting it and running to dealership to replace batteries and hoping the power train deal vanishes.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What I am thinking as well. JL performed perfectly while at EJS in Moab 2 weeks ago and sat for a few days When back home. Other than the AUX note on dash at startup, no issues at all. Report was emailed yesterday so who knows when it was actually compiled.

Will be jump starting it and running to dealership to replace batteries and hoping the power train deal vanishes.
Good luck, and let us know. Will be interesting.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

HappyGladiator

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electrical tech
With my Ram diesel, if one battery fails both get replaced. With my JT if one fails both get replaced.
Sponsored