Sponsored

Law Gator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Gator), 2005 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition (Rubihara)
Occupation
Attorney
Thanks for taking the pictures. That doesn’t look like they stick out too badly. So far the highest offset wheel I have found is made by AEV, but it’s more of a traditional spoked design. Decisions, decisions! I may just hold off for a bit and keep it stock.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Got my rack back from line X yesterday. Pretty happy with the end result! This is the rack without the RTT. My RTT is also line X'd so the will look as one unit once I put it back on.
Next step.. next week hopefully is to have all the wayout decals installed.
@WhatExit?

20200108_133236.jpg

20200108_133207.jpg

20200108_133153.jpg

20200108_133134.jpg

20200108_132859.jpg

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Got my rack back from line X yesterday. Pretty happy with the end result! This is the rack without the RTT. My RTT is also line X'd so the will look as one unit once I put it back on.
Next step.. next week hopefully is to have all the wayout decals installed.
@WhatExit?

20200108_133236.jpg

20200108_133207.jpg

20200108_133153.jpg

20200108_133134.jpg

20200108_132859.jpg

You've done it! That looks great! :party:

Tell us about the water storage :rain:

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You've done it! That looks great! :party:

Tell us about the water storage :rain:
The upper tube will hold just over 9 gallons of water. On one of the threaded sleeves I will install a Schrader valve so that I can add some air pressure into it to get the water to flow better. The other threaded sleeve will have a have a quick connect coupler with stop valve so water will flow only when the male part is connected to the female coupler. I will fill the tube using this and that way once I disconnect all the water will stay inside. This port will also serve for either mounting a shower head or garden hose for spraying stuff off. I'm looking at shower heads that are .5 to 1 gallon per minute so from my math I think with this I will be able to get at least 2- 4 minute showers out of a tank. I think for field fillings, if needed, I will come up with some type of funnel that mounts to the threaded sleeve so that I can fill it without a hose and domestic tap water if i'm in a pinch. I don't think I will use this for potable water at is going to heat up quite a bit in the summer and I don't want to drink hot water. All my fittings should arrive today so after I install them I will upload pictures of the finishd water set up.
The unit you can purchase online that is basically the same set up is called the road shower, but it only holds 7 gallons and cost over $300.00 OUCH!

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
You mentioned potable water in an earlier post, but you have alleviated my concerns with your decision to use it for showering and rinsing vs. drinking. I hate to sound like an old lady or killjoy, but more and more research points to aluminum as a primary cause of early onset Alzheimer’s and aluminum leeching increases proportionally with temperature.

Now back to our regularly scheduled praising. I think your rack is awesome (nice rack) and using it to heat water is really clever. Well done!

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The upper tube will hold just over 9 gallons of water. On one of the threaded sleeves I will install a Schrader valve so that I can add some air pressure into it to get the water to flow better. The other threaded sleeve will have a have a quick connect coupler with stop valve so water will flow only when the male part is connected to the female coupler. I will fill the tube using this and that way once I disconnect all the water will stay inside. This port will also serve for either mounting a shower head or garden hose for spraying stuff off. I'm looking at shower heads that are .5 to 1 gallon per minute so from my math I think with this I will be able to get at least 2- 4 minute showers out of a tank. I think for field fillings, if needed, I will come up with some type of funnel that mounts to the threaded sleeve so that I can fill it without a hose and domestic tap water if i'm in a pinch. I don't think I will use this for potable water at is going to heat up quite a bit in the summer and I don't want to drink hot water. All my fittings should arrive today so after I install them I will upload pictures of the finishd water set up.
The unit you can purchase online that is basically the same set up is called the road shower, but it only holds 7 gallons and cost over $300.00 OUCH!
Nice. I'm sure you've checked (or the welder/fabricator checked) to ensure the tube is watertight. I know welding when I see it - but I've never done it so I don't know if it was challenging to make nice, strong welds that stayed water and pressure tight. I'm impressed and really like what you're doing.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You mentioned potable water in an earlier post, but you have alleviated my concerns with your decision to use it for showering and rinsing vs. drinking. I hate to sound like an old lady or killjoy, but more and more research points to aluminum as a primary cause of early onset Alzheimer’s and aluminum leeching increases proportionally with temperature.

Now back to our regularly scheduled praising. I think your rack is awesome (nice rack) and using it to heat water is really clever. Well done!
C'mon Factoid - aluminum has to be better than lead, right?

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 3.46.16 PM.png

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach
Well...it has more letters.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

I think many of those "research" that you are talking about have been disproven or at least found to be flawed. Either way in the boating industry many fresh water holding tanks are aluminum since a stainless tank can be cost prohibitive. And the aluminum used on my rack is marine grade aluminum same as would be used in those tanks. Its a mute point cause after thinking about it I decided against it cause I hate drinking warm water..

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice. I'm sure you've checked (or the welder/fabricator checked) to ensure the tube is watertight. I know welding when I see it - but I've never done it so I don't know if it was challenging to make nice, strong welds that stayed water and pressure tight. I'm impressed and really like what you're doing.
He is a boat fabricator by trade so I trust his welds or he would have a lot of unhappy customers :LOL:

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach
I think many of those "research" that you are talking about have been disproven or at least found to be flawed. Either way in the boating industry many fresh water holding tanks are aluminum since a stainless tank can be cost prohibitive. And the aluminum used on my rack is marine grade aluminum same as would be used in those tanks. Its a mute point cause after thinking about it I decided against it cause I hate drinking warm water..
Damn, I got to convince the wife. She’s practically reduced my diet to organic cardboard and vegan duct tape.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

just to help ease the old lady in you haha

https://alzheimer.ca/en/Home/About-...MI_amFwY715gIVl9hkCh2WGQSGEAAYAiAAEgJ7kPD_BwE

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Performance Coach
I just sent that one to my wife. She laughed and said maybe he’s available.

I get no respect.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
I'm slowly plugging away at building my JT very similar to the Wayout concept. Of course it's not going to be exact but some things I'm doing as close as possible.
Here is what I've done so far:

Installed Tazer JL mini
35" Nitto tires with fifteen52 Analog HD wheels.
DV8 steel bumper with Warn EVO 10K winch with synthetic line. Warn shackles & winch hook.
Custom Aluminum rack based off the Wayout concept but to accommodate a factory trifold Tonneau cover. Rack will be Line X'd next week. The upper support frame of the rack will have fittings so it can be filled with approximately 10 gallons of potable water.
Ikamper skycamp RTT with Line X shell.
Curious to your thoughts on the DV8 bumper. I have read quite a few mixed reviews on their work and quality.
Sponsored