Sponsored

Glad i was in the Gladiator this morning.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Driving to work this morning I had someone try squeezing between traffic and swiped my front driver's side wheel. Any other vehicle and there might have been some body damage.

That being said, I didn't catch the license plate of the car as it sped off. Anyone have a good dash cam they prefer? That way if it happens again I can actually do something about it.
Sponsored

BrightWhiteGladiator

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing - Planning & Research
Dash cams are a plenty on Amazon — just make sure you get one with high enough resolution that you can actually make out plate numbers, etc. should you need to. How long is your commute? I would take that into consideration when looking at appropriate internal memory (or microSD card) size and/ or battery life.

If you park outside, IR and motion triggered monitoring may be considerations. Also, app integration makes things easier.
All of these can be had for < $200

Here are a few examples:

Dual Dash Cam, VAVA 2K Front and 1080P Cabin or 2.5K 30fps Single Front Car Camera, Both Sony Sensor, Infrared Night Vision, App Control & 2" LCD Display, Parking Mode, Built-in GPS for Uber & Lyft https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085Y61W5V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qUiBFbZRDT0EM

Rove R2-4K Dash Cam Built in WiFi GPS Car Dashboard Camera Recorder with UHD 2160P, 2.4" LCD, 150° Wide Angle, WDR, Night Vision https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074JT3698/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yWiBFbHZDG1ZV

Good luck!

Last edited:

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
I personally love my BlackVue dashcam. Has "wifi" that is honestly just BT where you can watch and download videos onto an app on your phone. I will be installing the app onto my Insane Audio unit so it is connected all the time. Resolution is astounding on it too.

A bit expensive but for the peace of mind it is worth it.

Rexxing (Rexing?) is a good company as well.

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
Does anyone have a good solution for mounting one in the JT and not having wires going everywhere?

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I got the HP Dash Cam for $45. It works great. Got it after a guy hit me in in Home Depot parking lot and tried to say it was my fault. Luckily I had a witness as well so I ended up in the good. Already had a front bumper on the way so I really didn't care about the stock bumper on my jeep, it was going in the garbage either way once it came off.

robburns76

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max tow
I have the ROAV one and love it. night quality is awesome. saved me when some dumbass pulled in front of me then tried to claim it was my fault. if i were to get one again, i would get one that has both front and rear facing cameras. for $60 it was well worth it.

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
I have the Thinkware F800 Pro and really like it. I have the advanced safety package so it hides nicely behind the little box. Otherwise, I’d just put it behind the mirror, more on the passenger side. I’ve had them in other cars and always make sure I sit in the drivers seat and put it behind the mirror where I can’t see it.
my recommendation from personal experience is to make sure that you get one with wifi so you’re not dependent on a computer to access the files. It helps a lot when you’re at the scene of an accident that is relying on your video and you have no way to get it.
I attached two pictures from where it’s mounted and a snap from daily driving.

Edit: not sure why it keeps turning that picture sideways... sorry.
also not sure if the upload loses quality but the truck tag in front of me is crystal clear on my phone.

AFEA6657-8815-43BC-BCA3-097C10C4AF8C.jpeg

3DF7BD82-22C0-4540-890E-1956B75613BE.jpeg

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Does anyone have a good solution for mounting one in the JT and not having wires going everywhere?
I have the Crosstour CR-900, they are $99 on Amazon. It's a front and rear camera system, all HD, takes mSD cards, I have a 32GB and it seems to record about 8 hours both front and rear. No other great options such as wifi or motion detection. To download, I have a SD adapter stored in the console that plugs into a lightning jack.
I ran the cable to the rear camera through the roll bar on the passenger side. I'd recommend a flexible wire fish to do it. It works with my hardtop, soft-top you'll have the door surrounds in the holes I used, and you'd need a mounting solution for rear camera. For power, you could either tap into the mirror power, or run down to the AUX cable behind glovebox.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Think ware or Black Vue and if you don’t have adaptive cruise, you can buy the adaptive cruise housing and hide it in there so it’ll never get stolen

Sponsored

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
I have the new Owlcam (they've relaunched under new ownership) and really like it. I chose this due to its cloud based storage of videos similar to Ring cams without needing another device. Bonus that 67 Designs makes a mount for it.
Jeep Gladiator Glad i was in the Gladiator this morning. IMG_3923.JPG

OP
OP
Fcmalie

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
peaceful protestor kneecap ticklers
In all honesty those things would have made the situation so much worse. All I had happen was some rubber transfer on my wheel and a little scar that would likely happen off-road anyways. Blowing out the guy's rear tire would have caused all hell to break loose with him going as fast as he was.
Sponsored