Sponsored

Gladiator 3l turbo diesel and Silverado 3l turbo diesel. I’ve got both so mini review. UPDATE!

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
i would need to compare transmission ratios, but I’m willing to bet the big contributor to the better fuel economy is the 3.23 gears- tire size/weight can also add to it.

good to hear- both motors should be good! Glad to hear we have the sports car version 🤣😂🍺😎
Sponsored

OP
OP
IOS-XR

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
Minor update. Drove up to Michigan to visit my son last weekend. I reset the trip computer and my average mileage for the trip was 28.2mpg. I was not driving carefully. I’m happy with that.

We’re going to Orlando in October so that’ll be interesting. I’m not expecting to get that mileage as 80+mph on the freeway seems to push it down a little…….

Jteakus

First Name
Teakus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD, 2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Subscribed!

OP
OP
IOS-XR

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CTO
Rolled 30k on the Silverado today. Still just chugging along.

I’ve got a set of Fox Rubicon shocks and a Fox steering stabilizer that I’ll put on the Gladiator probably this fall. Going to pick up some new NFab side steps as well. Going with the 3” stainless with the black coating.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IOS-XR

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CTO
Nothing really interesting to report. At 33k on the Chevy. Zero problems. The Jeep is at 19,600. Zero problems there either. Drove The Jeep to Orlando last month. 2500 miles round trip. Mileage was around 25 average but I was “pushing it”……. I’ve seen 29mpg if I’m on a 2 lane at 62mph. Going above 75 does bad things to the mileage in the Jeep. She’s got the aerodynamics of a brick…..

Getting Krown rust prevention done on both this weekend. 2nd treatment for the Jeep. Also put the Rubi wheels and KO2’s back on for the winter. Picking up some NFAB podium black coated stainless steps/rock guards next week. I’ll finally put the Fox shocks and stabilizer on when I put the steps on.

I am part of the pump recall but they don’t have the parts yet. I’ve been using Hot Shot EDT in both for the last several months. Definitely helps with performance. Hope it keeps the pump alive.

Still like both vehicles a lot. The Jeep is a LOT more fun!

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
What did they charge you for krowne?

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
i would need to compare transmission ratios, but I’m willing to bet the big contributor to the better fuel economy is the 3.23 gears- tire size/weight can also add to it.
Bingo…. I had a 2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel with 3.21 gears that knocked down 26+ mpg average per tank with mixed driving.. A buddy had a similar truck with 3.73’s and was lucky to reach 22 mpg average with mixed driving.

OP
OP
IOS-XR

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CTO
Krown was $120 last year.

We put the Gladiator up on a lift tonight to check for any lost paint after our rock quarry fun during the Jeep Adventure Academy earlier this year. Figured I wanted to clean it up and give those spots a bit of paint before the repeat Krown treatment.

The skids took all the brunt. The transfer case skid had the most scrapes. The diesel filter “skid” had some scrapes with some additional around it. Some quick wire brush work and some blasts from a can of flat black Rustoleum took care of it.

The axles, control arms, frame, and everything else looked great! No rust or scrapes on anything. I feel pretty good about that after one Indiana/Michigan winter. I’ll snap some new pics on Friday during the Krown treatment on both trucks. The Chevy has had zero rust treatment other than factory and it’s been through two winters.

OP
OP
IOS-XR

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CTO
Did the 2nd Krown treatment on the Jeep today. I did a followup post to my review in the cosmetic protection area. Took several pictures before and after. Also did the Silverado. Chevy had zero rust treatment other than factory. Jeep had ZERO rust. Chevy wasn’t so lucky….. Hopefully the Krown will stop the frame rust and keep it going strong.

So far the Krown is working well for me.
Sponsored