Sponsored

Gladiator 623 RTI score whoops Colorado and Tacoma (Ramp Travel Index test score)

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Saw these pictures online of the Gladiator on an RTI ramp.

TFL confirms that the Gladiator Rubicon's RTI score is 623 (when the front sway bar is disconnected on the Rubicon). Compared to the competitor's RTI scores:

Gladiator Rubicon: 623
TRD Pro: 492
Colorado ZR2: 489
TRD Off-Road: 468
Colorado Z71: 410

Significant of RTI score:

The term RTI stands for Ramp Travel Index. Ramp Travel index is a measurement of a vehicles suspension, frame and tire compression and the resulting flexibility of all components of the vehicle to achieve a score. This standardized test uses a ramp to find the extreme flex point of the vehicle.

The RTI test is a good indicator of how well a vehicle will do in many situations offroad while traveling over an obstacle. Ideally a vehicle will do better if it is able to keep all wheels on the ground for maximum traction. If a vehicle's suspension is too stiff (less flex), it generally will lift a wheel or possibly two wheels while attempting to get over an object resulting in a loss of contact and traction at those lifted wheels. Loss of traction is especially apparent with vehicles equipped with open differentials. In situations requiring a lot of flex locking differentials and some limited slip differentials will help maintain momentum with the opposite wheel of the axle (front or rear), however good flexibility results in more wheels on the ground, better traction and better stability of the vehicle as the suspension conforms to the terrain.

2020 Jeep Gladiator RTI Score 623.png
619140C1-801B-4141-B913-B6D7AFAF5608.png
B8D74441-C2DB-484A-8045-6FBA7D809203.png
395DF0D4-068C-45F6-8819-43E0B31F8CAF.png
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

JAY

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Wow very nice. Where did you see the 623 RTI score confirmed?
Confirmation of the Gladiator's 623 RTI score: https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/03/is...r-truck-as-good-off-road-as-a-wrangler-video/

Naturally, the Gladiator has the solid axles with optional lockers, disconnecting front sway bar, and FOX shocks on the Rubicon version. When the front sway bar is disconnected on the Rubicon, the truck has a Ramp Travel Index (RTI) of 623. This is class-leading articulation by far.

:clap::rock:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Confirmation of the Gladiator's 623 RTI score: https://www.tfltruck.com/2019/03/is...r-truck-as-good-off-road-as-a-wrangler-video/

Naturally, the Gladiator has the solid axles with optional lockers, disconnecting front sway bar, and FOX shocks on the Rubicon version. When the front sway bar is disconnected on the Rubicon, the truck has a Ramp Travel Index (RTI) of 623. This is class-leading articulation by far.

:clap::rock:
Where would we be without TFL ?
I want to know the "Score" of the SPORT S Glad. - you know the one without the disconnecting sway ! Seriously !

sardog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep X
Where would we be without TFL ?
I want to know the "Score" of the SPORT S Glad. - you know the one without the disconnecting sway ! Seriously !
I would be curious of that also however since you are putting it up against the top off-road levels from the competitors, why should you not bring your top level rig?

Sponsored

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
I would be curious of that also however since you are putting it up against the top off-road levels from the competitors, why should you not bring your top level rig?
The top level rig isn't needed. I would be curious what a Sport S would score with sway bar disconnected via something like the JKS links. It should give even more articulation than the Rubi disconnect system.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
because you want to beat them with your base model!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The top level rig isn't needed. I would be curious what a Sport S would score with sway bar disconnected via something like the JKS links. It should give even more articulation than the Rubi disconnect system.
i'm confused. How does the JKS disconnect provide even more articulation? Isn't a disconnected swaybar the same as another disconnected swaybar?

EDIT: I guess i should watch the video you posted, lmao. I thought it was just a comparison of the Rubicon with other trucks on the RTI scale thing.
Sponsored