First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon JT, 2017 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales Director Alloy Wheel Repair
I spend quite a bit of time at various car dealers in my job. I was at a very large Jeep dealer in FL last week and during a discussion with the GM he stated that the JT will be a Halo vehicle for Jeep. Consequently, it will not be a high volume product. He said he thought he would only get 4-5 for the year!

Since I deal with a lot of car dealer GMs I know that they typically are wrong and I always take what they say with a huge grain of salt. Just thought I would share what was said.

He could just be planning on all the up charges he will put on them...
Sponsored

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
what's the definition of a halo vehicle?
I think he means low-production + very high price.
I think that’s what Jeep originally intended w/ this truck, but IMHO they abandoned that when they came out with 4 trim levels. Would have only had a couple at most for an ‘elite’ vehicle.

OP
OP
Tire Guy

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It is a vehicle designed to bring in shoppers to a dealer then cross sell them to another car they can afford. Usually associated with high-end performance vehicles.

Limamikemike

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Powerwagon
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
I was texting with the fleet manager at the Chrysler dealership I use yesterday and he mentioned that they will be seeing five or six gladiators by the end of July, I was surprised by this as they’re a smaller dealer in a bedroom community south of Edmonton.

There are a couple mega dealers here with obnoxious radio ads that push a lot of volume, I’m assuming they’re going to be allocated more of them.

He also mentioned ordering will be the best route for a bit as he said pulling a vehicle from an other dealer to get the options I want will be like pulling teeth, they’re going to hold on to them like gold.

Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I spend quite a bit of time at various car dealers in my job. I was at a very large Jeep dealer in FL last week and during a discussion with the GM he stated that the JT will be a Halo vehicle for Jeep. Consequently, it will not be a high volume product. He said he thought he would only get 4-5 for the year!

Since I deal with a lot of car dealer GMs I know that they typically are wrong and I always take what they say with a huge grain of salt. Just thought I would share what was said.

He could just be planning on all the up charges he will put on them...
He’s just plain stupid. It’s amazing some of the GMs at dealerships. Like they look for a guy who gets by on Marlborough’s, Coffee, and 5 hour energy drinks instead of customer service, knowledgeable about products they sell, and management skills.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tire Guy

Tire Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I hear ya. I am constantly amazed at some of the poor quality people you find in position of authority at car dealerships. GM is no exception.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I came to see a discussion on Warthogs. /c: Was mostly disappointed until this.

But on topic... no, this will not be a limited run for exactly what Oilburner said... they have started spec'ing out "economy" models. If there was only a Rubicon... yes, halo vehicle.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I came to see a discussion on Warthogs. /c: Was mostly disappointed until this.
Did somebody say Warthog? I prefer Pumas.

If you have not seen Red Vs Blue, you suck. :CWL:

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I was texting with the fleet manager at the Chrysler dealership I use yesterday and he mentioned that they will be seeing five or six gladiators by the end of July, I was surprised by this as they’re a smaller dealer in a bedroom community south of Edmonton.

There are a couple mega dealers here with obnoxious radio ads that push a lot of volume, I’m assuming they’re going to be allocated more of them.

He also mentioned ordering will be the best route for a bit as he said pulling a vehicle from an other dealer to get the options I want will be like pulling teeth, they’re going to hold on to them like gold.
Is his name Barry?
If so, I didn't know he could text with those fat fingers.;)
Right now if it's the dealer I think u are talking about, they have maybe 10 new JL's in stock.
Where the Edmonton mega dealer has 200.
Your assumption of allocation is correct.
I talked to the GM today, told him I was on this forum, and he asked me when he was getting his two demos....:facepalm:
Sponsored