Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
He knows what he is doing. It's all about the YouTube clicks. It's just a way to stir up a little drama and make it seem like he's in a bind, but in reality he'll just end up getting a whole new axle paid for with revenue generated from the video watches/subscribers.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
He knows what he is doing. It's all about the YouTube clicks. It's just a way to stir up a little drama and make it seem like he's in a bind, but in reality he'll just end up getting a whole new axle paid for with revenue generated from the video watches/subscribers.
I liked his channel a few years back for awhile. Now he just seems to get more douchey as time goes on.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Indeed. I personally just avoid anything to do with this guy.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Bingo. And in the meantime, he makes Jeep owners seem like raging douchebags.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Is related to Forest Gump! Says: That’s my broken truck!!

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Like others said, he knows what he's doing. Maybe it's because I'm the same age as him, but I actually really enjoy his content and don't find him annoying at all. Haters gonna hate but he just seems like a guy who is doing what he loves and happens to be able to make a full time living off it.

If you meet him in real life or see him in other Youtuber's videos he's actually a lot more reserved. I wouldn't call his persona in his videos fake or douchey, but his job is to make interesting content so there is some aspect of showmanship.

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Like others said, he knows what he's doing. Maybe it's because I'm the same age as him, but I actually really enjoy his content and don't find him annoying at all. Haters gonna hate but he just seems like a guy who is doing what he loves and happens to be able to make a full time living off it.

If you meet him in real life or see him in other Youtuber's videos he's actually a lot more reserved. I wouldn't call his persona in his videos fake or douchey, but his job is to make interesting content so there is some aspect of showmanship.
Needlessly destroying an axle just to make a YouTube video is douchey. Sorry. It is.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Needlessly destroying an axle just to make a YouTube video is douchey. Sorry. It is.
Is it needless if he's making money off it?

If you watch the video he says he was going to upgrade it anyway. So either upgrade it during the engine swap and not mention it, or make a video breaking it before you replace it. The man's an entertainer and making at least $10k per video, so this video of him breaking it pays for the upgraded replacement and then some.

Like I said, haters gonna hate.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It isn't if YouTube is your sole source of income. To us, yes it may seem excessive, extreme, stupid, whatever but to content creators, this is how they make a living and regular ol' Joe driving down the road doing 25 mph isn't going to drive viewers to their channel.

Sponsored

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I find that breaking equipment for a living as a test bed or stress analysis is fine because it needs to be done for a good product to be fielded. To break equipment because you want to is not in my book,
Sponsored