GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK

AlbizzleFoShizzle

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Been having this issue with my back window since the last time it rained here in SoCal. I believe that was in November. Took into the dealership and just got a hug with a circle and a have a nice day.

I learned the dealer I’ve been going to is JUNK. I also found out that all dealerships are 3rd party owned. So each one is different. I also called Jeep to press the issue but there was no luck. I was making an appointment to go to the next dealership over but I had a death in the fam and didn’t get around to it.

There’s a storm coming in this wk and I felt like I needed to do something since we are in the peak of winter. From what I’m told we’re supposed to have a ton of rain. Which doesn’t happen much here in SoCal.

Here’s what I did....
-went to homw depot and bought EPDM self stick weather seal.
- lined it up to the window. With the adhesive cover still on
-used my “America the beautiful” annual national park pass to tuck it in.

tbh- I think I only need it forthw top portion. Looks like there a short in weathering or something inside the window seal. I took a photo to show but you have to reall take a look at it to see. Anyways, I went all around window and left the bottompart of the window alone.

I’m testing today....

View attachment 129638

View attachment 129640

Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK F118061D-4A51-4C43-BE89-E6AC7E78CD3B

Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK B95482AA-0D37-4732-96EE-1D8436802A30

Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK AB508C64-63F6-4CC0-AE4D-1EB691C842C2

Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK 8DF54305-2D5D-4DC3-B371-15F4464D7536

Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK 29E6CC5C-C854-4F2F-AD14-4409370BC781
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow, Mazdaspeed 3
Down in San Diego and we're getting dumped on pretty bad already today.

That really stinks that the dealer wasn't willing to do anything about it for you or even test it to reproduce the leak. Seems like it isn't too hard to pour some water on a window and check it.

Regardless, the repair you did looks pretty good to me. I have a soft top and I'm actually testing a truck cover I got to see how water resistant it is since we are getting so much rain. So far it's bone dry underneath!

OP
OP
AlbizzleFoShizzle

AlbizzleFoShizzle

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Down in San Diego and we're getting dumped on pretty bad already today.

That really stinks that the dealer wasn't willing to do anything about it for you or even test it to reproduce the leak. Seems like it isn't too hard to pour some water on a window and check it.

Regardless, the repair you did looks pretty good to me. I have a soft top and I'm actually testing a truck cover I got to see how water resistant it is since we are getting so much rain. So far it's bone dry underneath!
that’s great news for you! Hopefully you won’t have to deal with this windows issue. Most won’t notice unless they pull thier seats down.

But yea... a ton a rain is definitely here. I sound a big cry baby considering what other areas go through with the rain. Haha!

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but apparently according to a lot of soft top owners, my problem will come when I open the driver or passenger side door after rain and the water pours in from the roof rail towards windshield! We will see.

The "water resistant" car cover didn't fair so well in the rain so far. It lets water seep through the seams and although it isn't full on leaking, it's not what I really wanted. I just want to have something that is easy to store that I can throw on the if I'm ever caught in the rain and no top. I was contemplating the mopar cab cover, but I figured for the same price I could get an entire cover.... I'll probably go with the Mopar cover.

OP
OP
AlbizzleFoShizzle

AlbizzleFoShizzle

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah, but apparently according to a lot of soft top owners, my problem will come when I open the driver or passenger side door after rain and the water pours in from the roof rail towards windshield! We will see.

The "water resistant" car cover didn't fair so well in the rain so far. It lets water seep through the seams and although it isn't full on leaking, it's not what I really wanted. I just want to have something that is easy to store that I can throw on the if I'm ever caught in the rain and no top. I was contemplating the mopar cab cover, but I figured for the same price I could get an entire cover.... I'll probably go with the Mopar cover.
Yea... sound like 2 different issues.
I have Brand new half doors waiting to be used. I just recently put a 2 peice canopy cover and went topless fit about a wk or so. I realized I’m gonna need that cab cover you’re speaking of to keep the damn neighborhood cats out lol.

but I also thought I’d that solution til I read the cab cover will not fit unless the tops are off.

Sponsored

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[QUOTE="AlbizzleFoShizzle, post: 639170, member: 37266"

but I also thought I’d that solution til I read the cab cover will not fit unless the tops are off.
[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot about that and that's prbably another reason I went with full cover...🤨

OP
OP
AlbizzleFoShizzle

AlbizzleFoShizzle

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Well crap! This prompted me to ho look at mine, and sure enough it has been leaking down the inside of the rear window too...
I bet its something on the assembly line that their missing with the glass/window installers. There seems to be 2 gaskets holding the window in place. These 2 are located in each side. Dead center between the window and the roof top is where my 1st photo is taken. It is perfecting aligned as if there should be 3 gaskets. Missing the 3rd gasket in the center. That’s where I think the leak is from.

I’m still waiting for this heavy rain to see if my fix worked. What I did figure out before trying to fix anything is....
if you park in your drive way and your drive way has a small slope, have your window toward the bottom of the slop. This will help the water to run out Vs. in.

Also- I believe gladiator Rubicon are water resistant up to 30min. So as long as it’s not much leaking in, you should be good. Just annoying as hell!

OP
OP
AlbizzleFoShizzle

AlbizzleFoShizzle

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Well crap! This prompted me to ho look at mine, and sure enough it has been leaking down the inside of the rear window too...
Quick update-
Seems to be doing fine so far on my end. Try that fix out. If you opted in for the alpine system you have that sub I the back. That’s where all the water eventually makes its way. And in the little storage compartments back there. Here’s a photos below of mine when it was leaking....

& no it’s not because the roof wasn’t installed correctly lol. I thought that to at 1st. Then I saw actual drops come from the top.

hope this helps you like it helped me.

FCC6F5D2-0D55-48CE-80D4-0C3E87E608FD.jpeg

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Quick update-
Seems to be doing fine so far on my end. Try that fix out. If you opted in for the alpine system you have that sub I the back. That’s where all the water eventually makes its way. And in the little storage compartments back there. Here’s a photos below of mine when it was leaking....

& no it’s not because the roof wasn’t installed correctly lol. I thought that to at 1st. Then I saw actual drops come from the top.

Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK FCC6F5D2-0D55-48CE-80D4-0C3E87E608FD
I’m going to try that, thanks. Yours looks a lot worse than mine, but it may be because mine is usually in the garage...

Sponsored

mtngoat92081

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update-

FCC6F5D2-0D55-48CE-80D4-0C3E87E608FD.jpeg
Sheeeeez! That's a lot of water. Didn't realize it was that bad. Glad you found the solution.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Been having this issue with my back window since the last time it rained here in SoCal. I believe that was in November. Took into the dealership and just got a hug with a circle and a have a nice day.

I learned the dealer I’ve been going to is JUNK. I also found out that all dealerships are 3rd party owned. So each one is different. I also called Jeep to press the issue but there was no luck. I was making an appointment to go to the next dealership over but I had a death in the fam and didn’t get around to it.

There’s a storm coming in this wk and I felt like I needed to do something since we are in the peak of winter. From what I’m told we’re supposed to have a ton of rain. Which doesn’t happen much here in SoCal.

Here’s what I did....
-went to homw depot and bought EPDM self stick weather seal.
- lined it up to the window. With the adhesive cover still on
-used my “America the beautiful” annual national park pass to tuck it in.

tbh- I think I only need it forthw top portion. Looks like there a short in weathering or something inside the window seal. I took a photo to show but you have to reall take a look at it to see. Anyways, I went all around window and left the bottompart of the window alone.

I’m testing today....

View attachment 129638

View attachment 129640

Have these leak concerns been resolved, Renegade and AlbizzleFoShizzle? If not, we would be happy to discuss further. Please separately message our team with more details to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
AlbizzleFoShizzle

AlbizzleFoShizzle

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Well, crap. It's raining here in Ventura too, although lighter than everywhere else. Guess what I found in the Jeep?
Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK 0128212338c
Jeep Gladiator GLADIATOR BACK WINDOW LEAK 0128212338c
That’s unfortunate... I haven’t had a leak in mine since I added that weathering strip. $6 bucks for a fix and a piece of mind is worth it!

Good luck

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
That’s unfortunate... I haven’t had a leak in mine since I added that weathering strip. $6 bucks for a fix and a piece of mind is worth it!

Good luck
I bought some of that yesterday, and plan to put it in today. I did notice while looking at the stock gasket that it appears to have low spots which will allow water to collect and sit. I think this is why this problem is occurring. If there was a nice arc to it, the water would probably just roll off the sides.
Sponsored