Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2011 corolla
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
  • Banned
Drogers had made a comment in another thread about the jt having a higher payload then my Pacifica. Which then got me thinking. Technically the JT has zero payload. The gladiator is no more real then big foot or the loch ness monster. People claim to have seen it. But no one has ever actually driven it. JEEP can not say cost, but it will be for sale in just a few weeks? How did FCA design the Pacifica to carry atleast 40 sheets of plywood but the JT will need a 2x4 to carry a single piece. How did FCA design a minivan to be more truck capable then the "gladiator". Is this one big marketing scheme by FCA? The only other reason for not having a price for a vehicle that "Weeks" away from ordering is JEEP has no clue what they will sell it at? They are having major issues with production and are just throwing this together by the seat of their pants. How does the head of JEEPs design Mark Allen not even know a price point on the vehicle he is responsible for designing. How does Brandon Grimish the JEEP gladiator brand manager manage a brand with no pricing? When you step back and look at facts. We are seeing major red flags
Sponsored

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Lots of people have driven it. Of course they know the price, although it is taking entirely too long to reveal it. The Pacifica is not as capable. Most trucks have the 2x6 slots.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I am in R&D (food products but still similar act of scaling up) many times when we go from pilot production to full scale production we run across snags that make the product cost more. My thought is they want to have the safety net that if this thing ends up not commercializing as expected they are able to adjust accordingly...maybe?

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
There are tons of them being driven right now by media / bloggers / YouTubers / influencers etc. The press embargo doesn’t lift until the end of March so they can get these in as many hands as spossible for reviews.

They probably don’t want people spending all of the time between now and when those reviews talking about nothing but the price, so they’ll release it closer to or in concert with the embargo lift.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Drogers had made a comment in another thread about the jt having a higher payload then my Pacifica. Which then got me thinking. Technically the JT has zero payload. The gladiator is no more real then big foot or the loch ness monster. People claim to have seen it. But no one has ever actually driven it. JEEP can not say cost, but it will be for sale in just a few weeks? How did FCA design the Pacifica to carry atleast 40 sheets of plywood but the JT will need a 2x4 to carry a single piece. How did FCA design a minivan to be more truck capable then the "gladiator". Is this one big marketing scheme by FCA? The only other reason for not having a price for a vehicle that "Weeks" away from ordering is JEEP has no clue what they will sell it at? They are having major issues with production and are just throwing this together by the seat of their pants. How does the head of JEEPs design Mark Allen not even know a price point on the vehicle he is responsible for designing. How does Brandon Grimish the JEEP gladiator brand manager manage a brand with no pricing? When you step back and look at facts. We are seeing major red flags
Brilliant post sir, and thank you. I thought for a while that what they were doing was just dog and pony to garner up as much excitement and enthusiasm as possible but then started to rethink that when I realized it’s actually having the opposite affect. There was plenty of hype around this thing from the beginning. They certainly don’t need to go the extreme they have. Way too much conflicting information even among people in the industry who should know some things at least. Something else is up here.

I began thinking there’s something not quite right about this whole thing for all the reasons you’ve already pointed out. It certainly scared me off so I went with the Tacoma. I figure when, or even if, they do finally get around to producing this thing, it’s probably a good idea to let someone else be the guinea pig while they work out the bugs. Once it’s been out for a while and has a track record I can make a more educated buying decision. At this point it just seems like a dumb move to jump into it.

There are way too many red flags and I would be very uncomfortable with it. If it does turn out to be a nice truck as we all hope, I can always use that awesome value retaining property of the Tacoma and trade it in. But at this point that isn’t going to happen for quite a while - if at all...

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Just to point out it’s a 2020 model. Most next year models don’t come out until summer at the earliest. If they wanted it earlier they would have made it a 19.

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
  • Banned
Lots of people have driven it. Of course they know the price, although it is taking entirely too long to reveal it. The Pacifica is not as capable. Most trucks have the 2x6 slots.
I would say in theory the "gladiator" would be a more capable truck. But right now the Pacifica can haul more then the prototype gladiators we see at the car shows.

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
I am in R&D (food products but still similar act of scaling up) many times when we go from pilot production to full scale production we run across snags that make the product cost more. My thought is they want to have the safety net that if this thing ends up not commercializing as expected they are able to adjust accordingly...maybe?
I can see where you are coming from with your experience. My question would be shouldn't jeep have an idea of where they want to price it at this point? A Price range would cover this. And you are correct they have presented this as a 2020 model. But they have also said it will hit dealer lots in q2 of this year. Only Weeks away from hitting the 2nd quarter I would think they should have some general idea and an official statement. Or is their approach build it then price it?

Sponsored

Karnaj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Town & Country, 2002 Camry, 2003 Grand Am, 2021 Deisel JTR.
Occupation
Union Electrician
I can see where you are coming from with your experience. My question would be shouldn't jeep have an idea of where they want to price it at this point? A Price range would cover this. And you are correct they have presented this as a 2020 model. But they have also said it will hit dealer lots in q2 of this year. Only Weeks away from hitting the 2nd quarter I would think they should have some general idea and an official statement. Or is their approach build it then price it?
2nd quarter starts in weeks, it lasts 3 months. There is still a lot of time until the end of 2nd quarter, if we are going to be honest with ourselves.

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
There are tons of them being driven right now by media / bloggers / YouTubers / influencers etc. The press embargo doesn’t lift until the end of March so they can get these in as many hands as spossible for reviews.

They probably don’t want people spending all of the time between now and when those reviews talking about nothing but the price, so they’ll release it closer to or in concert with the embargo lift.
I'm not sure if the people reviewing would spend alot of time on pricing? It makes you wonder what is the embargo really for? Should we blame jeep for not releasing the information? Or should we blame people like Roman from tfl trucks? They walk in with media credentials ask pricing, and when Mark Allen or Brandon Grimish say they arnt expecting to release the price till latter on . They fanboy it up and smile and nod. Absolutely no prying no asking for a price range, no asking tough questions for the people who are watching their reviews. Then they agree to embargoes. Only providing the info jeep tells them to provide?

OP
OP
Epb1981

Epb1981

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Lieutenant
Brilliant post sir, and thank you. I thought for a while that what they were doing was just dog and pony to garner up as much excitement and enthusiasm as possible but then started to rethink that when I realized it’s actually having the opposite affect. There was plenty of hype around this thing from the beginning. They certainly don’t need to go the extreme they have. Way too much conflicting information even among people in the industry who should know some things at least. Something else is up here.

I began thinking there’s something not quite right about this whole thing for all the reasons you’ve already pointed out. It certainly scared me off so I went with the Tacoma. I figure when, or even if, they do finally get around to producing this thing, it’s probably a good idea to let someone else be the guinea pig while they work out the bugs. Once it’s been out for a while and has a track record I can make a more educated buying decision. At this point it just seems like a dumb move to jump into it.

There are way too many red flags and I would be very uncomfortable with it. If it does turn out to be a nice truck as we all hope, I can always use that awesome value retaining property of the Tacoma and trade it in. But at this point that isn’t going to happen for quite a while - if at all...
Yeah something is seriously off about this "gladiator" I'm wondering if perhaps Mark Allen and Brandon Grimish misspoke about it coming out next quarter. Someone pointed out it is a 2020 model. Perhaps JEEP brand has not bothered correcting the mis speaks by these guys? It would explain lack of pricing lack of production, and overall lack of information on the jt. And we should probably expect them to hit dealer lots late fall to spring of 2020?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
Yeah something is seriously off about this "gladiator" I'm wondering if perhaps Mark Allen and Brandon Grimish misspoke about it coming out next quarter. Someone pointed out it is a 2020 model. Perhaps JEEP brand has not bothered correcting the mis speaks by these guys? It would explain lack of pricing lack of production, and overall lack of information on the jt. And we should probably expect them to hit dealer lots late fall to spring of 2020?
I wish you would wonder a little more quietly. Perhaps to yourself in the corner of a big room.

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I wish you would wonder a little more quietly. Perhaps to yourself in the corner of a big room.
Jeep brand web page states spring. Not just the two of them. Just saying. But again from a Product development stand point when I say q2 I mean before q3 starts or a couple weeks after.
Sponsored