Sponsored

Gladiator broken windshield

Jbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator launch edition
Bought a new gladiator and on my way home from the dealership the windshield cracked. Anyone have any good ideas for a better replacement than 0EM?
thank you
Sponsored

CWGrisw0ld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Rubicon JKU, 2020 Jeep Rubicon JT
Gorilla glass or Racing Optics protective film are the usual suggestions here

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Bought a new gladiator and on my way home from the dealership the windshield cracked. Anyone have any good ideas for a better replacement than 0EM?
thank you
Welcome to the club.
A grand and new glass later, I'm finding a lot of chips and dings in mine already. About ready to say screw OEM glass if this is as well as it does. I've got a Jeep and two cars with over 100,000 miles and the glass isn't pitted like this thing is with 10K miles.

OP
OP

Jbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you! Much appreciated!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ty! However that company doesnt make a windshield for the gladiator with adaptive cruise yet! Ty again!

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I will want OEM windows solely for the Jeep on the passenger side window

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I will want OEM windows solely for the Jeep on the passenger side window
Funny, that's what I told the guy at the collision center when I set up getting mine replaced. He asked and I said I wanted genuine Mopar so I could have that Jeep in the lower corner of the glass again. He gave me a look - but he understood......

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
It's not just Jeeps. My wife's new BMW X2 got hit by a rock on the interstate at 1,000 miles and the crack traveled over 2/3 of the length of the windshield right in from of our eyes while we were driving to the beach. It happens.

That said, I think with Jeeps it's the angle (or lack thereof) of a relatively flat windshield that's the culprit causing most of this. I remember somebody explaining this somewhere in another thread, and this is at least the way I understood it. I actually like the windshield angle and shape, but when there's not much of an angle there's not much chance of deflecting off. Rocks come straight in and have nowhere to go, so cracks happen. It happened to me the second time I got it on the interstate with just a few hundred miles on it. Fortunately it was a small crack hidden behind the driver side grab handle, and Safelite was able to repair it perfectly.

I'm thankful my comprehensive insurance covers glass repair/replacement with no deductible. My takeaway from all of this is that good glass coverage is essential for this truck.

OP
OP

Jbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has had this issue but at the same time it really sucks for us all...LOL.

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
After mine cracked, I bought another Mopar one for big bucks and added the Racing Optics film. The film is fantastic, I could not be happier. I have heard some hits on the windshield since installation, and NO CRACKS... The thick film is really a good idea, it does not scratch, and you cannot tell it is installed.

OP
OP

Jbe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I will check it out. Two endorsement for this on this thread. Ty !

Bigphe JT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 1979 Jeep CJ7
Where did you all get the Racing Optics film? Did you install yourself or have a glass company do it? My wife's JL's windshield has already been cracked and we are getting it replaced this week. I'm sure my JT will probably get chipped and/or cracked without some protection as much as I drive. Thanks!

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
Where did you all get the Racing Optics film? Did you install yourself or have a glass company do it? My wife's JL's windshield has already been cracked and we are getting it replaced this week. I'm sure my JT will probably get chipped and/or cracked without some protection as much as I drive. Thanks!
It is easy to install. The main thing is to clean your windshield 3 or 4 times. Even if you think it is clean, clean it again. You also want no dust around. Another tip is to press super hard with the squeegee. Use your weight, you will not scratch the film. The film is thick and you need to push hard to get all the install fluid out.

Here is a link to my install and pics. So far, I think it is fantastic and the peace of mind is great ! The technical help and explanations at Racing Optics Jeep are 1st rate.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/anybody-got-gorilla-glass.23797/page-3#post-516872

link to Racing Optics
https://www.Racingopticsjeep.com

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
if nothing hit the windshield, it might have been chipped, etc. from the factory and would be covered under warranty.
Sponsored