First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Does this happen to anyone else? I have only had this truck two weeks and almost every time I get out of it in a parking lot, someone comes over and starts a conversation about it.

When I got my 97 TJ in April of 96 I would occasionally get a person in YJ asking me about it. With the Gladiator its like a daily occurrence.
Sponsored

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Get use to it because it will happen all the time people taking pictures and coming up wanting to look inside. it happened to me again the other day at the tractor supply it’s like you are a rock star but nope it’s the gladiator. But the best part is when the wife is in the gladiator with me and some smoking hot blonde gives me the Jeep wave and the wife says who the hell was that. Never got this stuff if the Ford F250

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Same here..
I come out of stores and people are walking around my gladiator looking it over. I have even walked out to people taking pictures of it.
Seems to be a common thing among JT owners:rock:

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Start a YouTube channel. Then it can go down like this ...

84621026_10217728793432505_1348099056353673216_o.jpg

10:55 if you're interested in seeing the "incident". Black Gap, for those who may not know, is a Jeep Badge Honor trail ...

Last edited:

Sponsored

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Get use to it because it will happen all the time people taking pictures and coming up wanting to look inside. it happened to me again the other day at the tractor supply it’s like you are a rock star but nope it’s the gladiator. But the best part is when the wife is in the gladiator with me and some smoking hot blonde gives me the Jeep wave and the wife says who the hell was that. Never got this stuff if the Ford F250
My fiancé always giving me the eye roll when I get a Jeep wave from a woman

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Daily occurrence. Takes me 20 minutes to get gas now because of the inevitable follow up conversation. It’s cool that people like it so much. I think my veterinarian is getting one after I took my dog in for a checkup, he followed me out to check mine out.

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
Takes me 20 minutes to get gas now because of the inevitable follow up conversation
Doug DeMuro had a video where he was daily driving a Ferrari and said something to that effect. I guess besides super-cars this is true for Defenders, Unimogs, Gladiators and probably even older Broncos and Scouts.

Luckily everyone so far that I have met has been a Jeep enthusiast, so I have not encountered any haters or one-uppers.

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
Doug is way more patient than I . . .

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yep people will look and ask tons of questions. Caught a guy at the grocery store really staring mine down. People are shocked when I tell them how cheap I actually got a Rubicon for, they all have this 60k number stuck in their head and all think this is way out of their price range.

Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Daily occurrence. Takes me 20 minutes to get gas now because of the inevitable follow up conversation. It’s cool that people like it so much. I think my veterinarian is getting one after I took my dog in for a checkup, he followed me out to check mine out.
Was at Tinker AFB yesterday gassing up and buying a bit of wine (package store is same facility) and a fellow in checkout line asks me how I like the Gladiator. Then step outside to leave and another guy asks me same thing. But this one is driving a Wrangler. Yep, pretty typical.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
"I can't believe you chopped up a brand new Wrangler!" -random lady at a downtown car show

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
I reminds me a bit of this video from RCR. "You drive a duece and a half, and other men just materialize"

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I got a oil change yesterday at a local Fast Lube I have used for years and I was their first JT....they were totally geeked out. I have never gotten this much positive feedback on a vehicle. You almost have to run away from it before someone stops you.

OP
OP
Mikegcny

Mikegcny

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Willys 4xe
Occupation
Software Architect
My wife flew in from Munich the other day, so my daughters and I took a trip to JFK to pick here up. Of course we took the JT since the girls no longer want to ride in the Pilot (I use 'we will take the Honda' as a threat now). Waiting outside the international terminal we got a lot of looks. One guy crossing in front of us in the zebra just dead stopped with his rolling bag to study the truck.

I also drove my younger daughter to school the other day. They have one of those Mr. Mom style systems where you wait in line, drive up, teachers are waiting to welcome the kids. My daughter jumped out with the groundhog in her hands, strapped him into his spot in the back seat. Of course she was beaming as all of the other kids were watching. One of the phys-ed teachers got a real chuckle out of the groundhog.
Sponsored