Gladiator driver's seat

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have a Gladiator Rubicon with manual trans and manual seats. I'm 6'2". I find it difficult to find a good position that doesn't hurt my back on long trips. I think it's particular to the stick since that requires a certain driving position which auto trans wouldn't. Wondering if anyone else has this difficulty and would appreciate any suggestions for a back rest if you have bought one. Given my height there isn't must room for legs once you add something on back of seat.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
6'3, long torso, no problems for me. Also have M/T. I have my lumbar kicked pretty far out an find it plenty comfortable

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I have a Gladiator Rubicon with manual trans and manual seats. I'm 6'2". I find it difficult to find a good position that doesn't hurt my back on long trips. I think it's particular to the stick since that requires a certain driving position which auto trans wouldn't. Wondering if anyone else has this difficulty and would appreciate any suggestions for a back rest if you have bought one. Given my height there isn't must room for legs once you add something on back of seat.
Thanks in advance.
I assume you have tried the obvious, seat height and lumbar support, in addition to back/forward.

I'm about 6' and have a manual Overland, and find it very comfortable, so not sure how I can help.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have short legs and I found that I could not get enough tilt on the seat bottom to not feel like I was sliding out of the seat. So I went and bought two large nuts, about 1/2" thick and unbolted the front seat bolts and put them under the rail. Now I have a bit of tilt to the seat.

The problem I ran into was as I raised the seat, the front did not rise as fast - say half an inch for every inch the back went up. So after raising it a bit I ended up with what felt like a downward slope and I felt like I was going to slide off the seat. And this is on my Wrangler - which will be the same in the Gladiator.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeffg

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have short legs and I found that I could not get enough tilt on the seat bottom to not feel like I was sliding out of the seat. So I went and bought two large nuts, about 1/2" thick and unbolted the front seat bolts and put them under the rail. Now I have a bit of tilt to the seat.
Can you post a picture. That could be helpful idea to me. Thx

OP
OP
Jeffg

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Reactions: Len

Bnashvegas

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Jeep lj, 2010 Jeep commander limited, 2011 dodge 3500 dually

The problem I ran into was as I raised the seat, the front did not rise as fast - say half an inch for every inch the back went up. So after raising it a bit I ended up with what felt like a downward slope and I felt like I was going to slide off the seat. And this is on my Wrangler - which will be the same in the Gladiator.
Exactly what i did. Made a world of difference for me.

Hot-Rod

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE Gladiator, Grand Cherokee
Auto is jacked up as well this Jeep has the worst seating angle of the many vehicles I have owned! 6’ tall 34” inseam and sliding forward all the time! Fixing this was my first mod!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeffg

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Auto is jacked up as well this Jeep has the worst seating angle of the many vehicles I have owned! 6’ tall 34” inseam and sliding forward all the time! Fixing this was my first mod!
What did you do?

Hot-Rod

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE Gladiator, Grand Cherokee
What did you do?
Purchased the spacer block kit made to lift the seat front and back and only used the front blocks. This involved using new bolts with a smaller shoulder (front) and ever so slightly slotting the rear seat holes so bolts holes would line up. Tried the washer thing first and it just wasn’t high enough ( still tipping forward). All the best
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator driver's seat 4A89790A-BDC0-4AC6-8E3B-3F1019EC186F

Last edited:

Pscobee

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Executive
Thanks in advance.
I find my lower back gets sore too.. 6’1” all torso...

I feel like I need more lumbar and maybe to lower the seat for headroom

OP
OP
Jeffg

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Purchased the spacer block kit made to lift the seat front and back and only used the front blocks. This involved using new bolts with a smaller shoulder (front) and ever so slightly slotting the rear seat holes so bolts holes would line up. Tried the washer thing first and it just wasn’t high enough ( still tipping forward). All the best
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator driver's seat 4A89790A-BDC0-4AC6-8E3B-3F1019EC186F
Thanks
Sponsored