Sponsored

Gladiator Hard Top Wiring On Soft Top Builds?...Need Concrete Facts...

NACLS6

First Name
Rome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Infiniti G37S 400+HP (For Sale), 14 Subaru Impreza
Occupation
Entrepreneur
So, did some searching and can't seem to find any concrete info...

Does the wiring for the hard top still come with soft top only builds? Salesman says it wont be there and Northridge 4x4s website says you need the wiring also if you only had soft top(See screenshot below). But, I've seen a few say they had the wiring already in place with their soft tops, someone said it's only included with all Rubi & overland models soft and one even had the wiring show on the build sheet? So, I'm confused...

Can some of you guys with "soft top only builds" chime in and confirm if the hard top wiring is there for the defroster?

If so, what model and options did you choose for the wiring to be included?

Looking at ordering a 2021 Rubicon Diesel with standard soft top, Aux, trailer tow & led package, but would like for the wiring preinstalled when/if I decide on a hard top later.

Thanks in advance!

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Hard Top Wiring On Soft Top Builds?...Need Concrete Facts... Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 11.59.12 PM
Sponsored

STLMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR, 20 JLU, 900whp C6
My 20 Sport S was a factory Soft top. I just traded for a hard top. Wiring was in fact there for the rear defrost.
However, there are brackets that are needed for the front and rear freedom panels to lock into.

The options I have.
23S Customer preferrred
7 inch radio group
Convenience group
Cold weather package

20201008_235241.jpg

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I *think* if you have the auto climate controls, you will have the wire because that has the rear defrost button. I sold my hard top to a guy with a Rubi and it was there. The only time I’ve hear it wasn’t there was on Sports without the auto climate control, but cannot verify that.

Also found out, like Mike stated, you will need the brackets for the freedom panels to lock onto. They were not on the other Jeep. Two on the windshield and one big one on the sport bar.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Get the premium soft top, and odds are you will probably never want a hard top. The premium one is so nice.

Reactions: BAT

JeepTrucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
My build sheet had the hardtop parts module listed on it, even though it came from the factory with the premium soft top. Once you get your Jeep you can pop the rear cover to see if the defroster wiring is there. If it is, you will also already have the rear defrost button with your climate controls. If you buy the hardtop shown above, it comes with the brackets. You can see them listed in the installation instructions. However, it doesn’t come with the interior trim panels. I bought those from Northridge. You can also buy the freedom top storage bag and/or a headliner from various places, if you want all of the options

Sponsored

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
I have a 2021 base sport and I don't see the end of any plug sticking out at back drivers side( I guess it's possible it's tucked down behind panel). Plus check pricing at local dealers on tops.

EDIT: See post #8

Last edited:

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
I have a 2021 base sport and I don't see the end of any plug sticking out at back drivers side( I guess it's possible it's tucked down behind panel). Plus check pricing at local dealers on tops.

There is a little cover that snaps off, the wire is behind that.

Shown right about the 1:35 mark.

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
There is a little cover that snaps off, the wire is behind that.

Shown right about the 1:35 mark.
Ah, you are correct. Yes I have the wire. My build has 4 options, upcharge paint, automatic, max tow package, and factory tinted windows.

OP
OP

NACLS6

First Name
Rome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Infiniti G37S 400+HP (For Sale), 14 Subaru Impreza
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Looks promising so far, as it seems most of you have the wiring even on sport model gladiators. My brother ordered a JLR last lear with prem soft top only and his didn't come with the wiring. That's also another reason I wanna make sure before finalizing my decision. But, looks like they're adding the wiring on most gladiators?..

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
Looks promising so far, as it seems most of you have the wiring even on sport model gladiators. My brother ordered a JLR last lear with prem soft top only and his didn't come with the wiring. That's also another reason I wanna make sure before finalizing my decision. But, looks like they're adding the wiring on most gladiators?..
Yeah I agree it does look promising, but that's why I posted my options as it could be included in the max tow or even the deep tint options. Maybe other base folks without one or both could look behind that popoff cover.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'll try to ask a fireman I know that got a base JT if his has it. His is as base model, Sport soft top in Gobi.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Hard Top Wiring On Soft Top Builds?...Need Concrete Facts... defroster

@NACLS6, there seems to be a difference whether it is a Sport or Sport S model. Possibly the stripped down base Sport models don't have the wiring and the Sport S models do. All the Sport S models I've seen have the wiring. Haven't seen a base Sport model yet.

The easiest way to tell in person is whether the Gladiator has the defrost button on the climate controls. If it does, it should have the defroster wiring in the back.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2018 JLUR, 2023 JTuRD
JL is a different deal as they have a rear wiper which requires a different control stalk for the wipers not just the defrost button.
Gregj

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
My rubicon came with premium softtop, I since purchased a hardtop, and the dv8 brackets for the freedom panels and the wiring was all included.
Sponsored