Sponsored

Gladiator runs the table against Tacoma in Cars.com Face-off

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
https://www.cars.com/articles/auto-...-tacoma-vs-2020-jeep-gladiator-1420757330304/

"The Gladiator ran the table in this comparison, going four for four in our categories, but we'll have a better sense of how Jeep's newest model compares with the mid-size truck class once we've had a chance to drive it, and when Gladiator pricing is announced. That chance is coming very soon for us, so be sure to check back for our Gladiator driving impressions."
Sponsored

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
https://www.cars.com/articles/auto-...-tacoma-vs-2020-jeep-gladiator-1420757330304/

"The Gladiator ran the table in this comparison, going four for four in our categories, but we'll have a better sense of how Jeep's newest model compares with the mid-size truck class once we've had a chance to drive it, and when Gladiator pricing is announced. That chance is coming very soon for us, so be sure to check back for our Gladiator driving impressions."
TFL also said they were going to drive one at the end of March. Still a long way out but I guess that's better than nothing

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU
TFL also said they were going to drive one at the end of March. Still a long way out but I guess that's better than nothing
Will seem like forever for those of us waiting to get our hands on a JT.

Great to see the JT holding its own against a class leader! :like: This gives me more confidence my wait for the JT will be worth it.

Spanky

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JT... present JK owner
"Runs the table".... after reading the article I'd say that is a bit of an embellished headline lol but still better than nothing. I'm hopeful it's as good as they say it is.

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
"Runs the table".... after reading the article I'd say that is a bit of an embellished headline lol but still better than nothing. I'm hopeful it's as good as they say it is.
i mean we're not playing 9 ball here, but Cars.com did say it beat that Tacoma in EVERY one of its tested categories for that article. Maybe beat the pants off of, or made the taco its B!T*H, lol

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
i mean we're not playing 9 ball here, but Cars.com did say it beat that Tacoma in EVERY one of its tested categories for that article. Maybe beat the pants off of, or made the taco its B!T*H, lol
To be completely "fair," and I'm not a Taco Fan - food or truck, but look at WHAT they "tested," . . . "tested?" . Geez, not exactly scientific stuff -- and completely subjective ! But it was another "fun" time for all ! While the waiting is going on !

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To be completely "fair," and I'm not a Taco Fan - food or truck, but look at WHAT they "tested," . . . "tested?" . Geez, not exactly scientific stuff -- and completely subjective ! But it was another "fun" time for all ! While the waiting is going on !
Oh i do agree. More tongue and cheek than anything. I don't know anything about Tacos, except that the hardshell ones with marinated pork from Ranchitos in Stevens Point Wisconsin are FANTASTIC!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was pretty weak after all,
entry and exit
cabin comfort and headroom
interior quality
in-cab cargo versatility

That's about as much of a side by side test as you could make at a carshow.

I don't see any mention about plywood. :angry:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Oh i do agree. More tongue and cheek than anything. I don't know anything about Tacos, except that the hardshell ones with marinated pork from Ranchitos in Stevens Point Wisconsin are FANTASTIC!
Well then, you can't SAY that you don't know ANYTHING . . . You've been, you saw, you bought, you ATE THEM ! And they were "FANTASTIC," your quote not mine, ha !
I'm kidding . . . I like a taco once in a blue moon, but I much prefer Burritos, with lots of shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, the "green stuff," and sour cream -- all on top ! Mmmmm.

edit/ps; My Navy Buddy (retired 2 years after me) who lives in Prairie Du Chien, Wisconsin (spelling may be off?) thinks (well thought at the time) that Navy Shipboard Tacos were "the shits" (i.e.; good stuff) -- but in reality they actually / usually & Literally GAVE YOU the Shits ! :ontheloo:.

Last edited:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
. . . and I predict they'll have nothing bad to say about it ! Ah, JEEP JK's, JL's and JT's . . . add a lot of TFL "Love" and you have Strange Bedfellows indeed ! :LOL: ;) . Looking forward to seeing ALL the YouTuber's at the JEEP-FEST REVEAL/off-road Test Drive Event !

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
DRYFLY24 ? :swear: . I see you like my post . . . now your officially a "troll"?
Are you having buyers remorse ? Come on tell the truth ! Just miss the "camaraderie" ? Just think of the fun you'll be missing, not being allowed in the JT Fly-fishing Caravan ! Taco's are NOT JEEPS ! Have I joked too long ?
Sorry ...24, is there a Taco Forum I can go to & chat with you on ? :) :) :)

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
Your not going to believe this but my brothers Best friend lives in Stevens point lol. We went golfing somewhere there I can’t remember the name of it now. The Golden Corral was on point tho! lol

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
DRYFLY24 ? :swear: . I see you like my post . . . now your officially a "troll"?
Are you having buyers remorse ? Come on tell the truth ! Just miss the "camaraderie" ? Just think of the fun you'll be missing, not being allowed in the JT Fly-fishing Caravan ! Taco's are NOT JEEPS ! Have I joked too long ?
Sorry ...24, is there a Taco Forum I can go to & chat with you on ? :) :) :)
He may have made the best decision haha. This long ass plywood carrying “truck” isn’t even priced or out yet. Taco is tried and true and the leader right now. Maybe hold out until you actually drive one with some plywood in the back before you lock in your opinion ;)

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
He may have made the best decision haha. This long ass plywood carrying “truck” isn’t even priced or out yet. Taco is tried and true and the leader right now. Maybe hold out until you actually drive one with some plywood in the back before you lock in your opinion ;)
Oh my. Very Glad you dig golden corral. There, it is good for you to eat your own words! I'm going resto, so we can have a three truck comparison, at least before everyone else jumps in, then Honda just gets pushed further into the also rans. Jeep, please release asap!!!

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sounds like you may be next ? Gonna finally trade in the Ford, or are you secretly waiting on the new Ranger ? It's fine, I really don't care one way or the other . . . ! As stated . . . PLYWOOD NEED NOT APPLY HERE (to me) ! Won't get into a confrontation over the good, bad or ugly of ANY vehicle . . . tends to get caustic ! I do believe - least I hope - that DRYFLY24 knows I just kid . . . and the kidding was too obviously wanting (of me) . I had to joke with him - DRYFLY24, you concur ? YOU P.O'd at me ? It's ok, you can join us - even in your Taco, if you like, hopefully sometime by NEXT Summer ?
Sponsored