First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
And this is why OverLand drivers should stick to the pavement . . . :facepalm: ! Bet THAT was embarrassing at least, and maybe a "Brown Streak Enhancer" too ? Gladiators were NOT built as a Rock Crawling Beast. Even if you put Thousands into a Lift, Wheels & Tires as big as your (perceived) "Nutz," it's just NOT as Capable as a JLU Rubicon with same after market build-up !
The Gladiator is a "LifeStyle Enhancer" ! :giggle:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I want to wait at least a week before I do that with my new Gladiator.:whew:

Am I the only one that think these are the Gladiators from the video released last week? If those trucks where indeed shipped for dealers we would have seen them by now.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
... Even if you put Thousands into a Lift, Wheels & Tires as big as your (perceived) "Nutz," it's just NOT as Capable as a JLU Rubicon with same after market build-up ! :giggle:
Have to disagree - a skilled driver could take a JT places a JL could not go (and vice-versa). Wheelbase can help, for instance on ā€˜stepsā€™ of a certain proportion. This was the basic reason the Toyota pickup became so popular back before they made 4dr Jeeps, the different wheelbase. If the JT werenā€™t capable of rock crawling, why waste lockers & 4:1 tcase? The Rubicon would be a ā€˜sticker packageā€™.

Sponsored

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
And this is why OverLand drivers should stick to the pavement . . . :facepalm: ! Bet THAT was embarrassing at least, and maybe a "Brown Streak Enhancer" too ? Gladiators were NOT built as a Rock Crawling Beast. Even if you put Thousands into a Lift, Wheels & Tires as big as your (perceived) "Nutz," it's just NOT as Capable as a JLU Rubicon with same after market build-up !
The Gladiator is a "LifeStyle Enhancer" ! :giggle:
I'll disagree with you on that boss man, maybe not as good on rocks as a JLUR, but I'm sure it'll make short work of most rocky obstacles. Casey's been taking it up some pretty gnarly stuff...

Also, I'll be sure to post pics whenever I get mine because I plan on doing this stuff ;)

(EDIT : Casey not Cassie)

Last edited:

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I'll disagree with you on that boss man, maybe not as good on rocks as a JLUR, but I'm sure it'll make short work of most rocky obstacles. Cassie's been taking it up some pretty gnarly stuff...

Also, I'll be sure to post pics whenever I get mine because I plan on doing this stuff ;)
Well. I certainly hear you and can't "argue" with your points about The "Skill Level of the Driver" ! THAT can make all the difference, BUT, I made no reference to the person behind the wheel . . . simply apples to apples aftermarket builds of both the JT & JLU -- the JLU "wins" in most off road-able statistics, if for no other reason than the distance between axles.
Not talking super duper 4.5" lifts with 37" AT tires - just practical "everyman" stuff ! So we can have this "discussion" till doomsday, but it would have no useful purpose . GO CASSIE GO ! But, at the end of the day, "everyman" driver won't be "testing" his rigs ability to with stand Damages that cost real dollars to fix .
oh, and just for the record, I am not your "boss man". Though I have NO idea what that references, it sounds like it would be an awful prospect . :headbang:

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
ESS ANYONE???

Sponsored

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Well. I certainly hear you and can't "argue" with your points about The "Skill Level of the Driver" ! THAT can make all the difference, BUT, I made no reference to the person behind the wheel . . . simply apples to apples aftermarket builds of both the JT & JLU -- the JLU "wins" in most off road-able statistics, if for no other reason than the distance between axles.
Not talking super duper 4.5" lifts with 37" AT tires - just practical "everyman" stuff ! So we can have this "discussion" till doomsday, but it would have no useful purpose . GO CASSIE GO ! But, at the end of the day, "everyman" driver won't be "testing" his rigs ability to with stand Damages that cost real dollars to fix .
oh, and just for the record, I am not your "boss man". Though I have NO idea what that references, it sounds like it would be an awful prospect . :headbang:
Well, I'll agree on you not being my "boss man", but I can assure you that is without any negative connotations. Anyhow I too was not referencing the person behind the wheel in any way. I was just mentioning Casey since he's demonstrating the vehicle's capability. We can sit here and make the same argument that every person and their dog is making with the "people won't offroad their new vehicle" but that's just a generalization, I will be offroading mine. And for the record, I am talking about the vehicles off the lot capability, which is unarguably very good. My Rubicon back when it was stock was doing some crazy things.

(EDIT : Casey not Cassie)

Last edited:

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
It honestly looks like the driver panicked. The wheels were rolling so they didnā€™t have a foot on the brake. When youā€™re new at this and people start yelling like they did some people get flustered and either do the wrong thing or do nothing, in the situation both those were trouble.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
And it is Casey not Cassie. I do know a few chicks named Casey but no dudes named Cassie.
Sponsored