Stlhooked

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 2003 Tacoma
My first post!
I saw my first Gladiator in person at the St Louis car show at Trans World Dome back in like 2001. I was in love and swore I’d own one someday. I even joined a “please build Chrysler forum”.
Here we are a decade later. In Oct 2014 I ordered a 2015 JKU Rubicon white with camel interior fully loaded. We took it to Colorado that year and an EPIC vacation through most passes.
Last year in October I traded the Jeep for a 2019 Ram ordering it fully loaded Laramie with a bench seat. We’re talking 12” Nav, sunroof etc etc.
It’s nice but I miss my Jeep from day one.

I’ve since test driven 3 Gladiators. I love it! they just seem underpowered.
I made the mistake of driving a 2 door with a turbo and was blown away by how fun it was. I dare to say it felt peppy and really fun to drive!
The most impressive about the Glad Rubi was how smooth the drive was. I test drove a 2 door Rubi and it was a bucking bronco.
If I get a Gladiator I’m pretty sure it’ll be a Rubicon... If I get a 2 door Wrangler It’ll be a Sport S loaded down w/ Turbocharged.
I’m selling my house and moving to a luxury apartment so I’m not sure I’ll need a truck bed or the extra $20,000 loan. Every day I change my mind...
I am waiting until Nov for the diesel and for my 1 year XM subscription to run out on the Ram.
Love all the new changes on the JL/JT!
Sponsored

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
My first post!
I saw my first Gladiator in person at the St Louis car show at Trans World Dome back in like 2001. I was in love and swore I’d own one someday. I even joined a “please build Chrysler forum”.
Here we are a decade later. In Oct 2014 I ordered a 2015 JKU Rubicon white with camel interior fully loaded. We took it to Colorado that year and an EPIC vacation through most passes.
Last year in October I traded the Jeep for a 2019 Ram ordering it fully loaded Laramie with a bench seat. We’re talking 12” Nav, sunroof etc etc.

I made the mistake of driving a 2 door with a turbo and was blown away by how fun it was. I dare to say it felt peppy and really fun to drive!
The most impressive about the Glad Rubi was how smooth the drive was. I test drove a 2 door Rubi and it was a bucking bronco.
If I get a Gladiator I’m pretty sure it’ll be a Rubicon... If I get a 2 door Wrangler It’ll be a Sport S loaded down w/ Turbocharged.
I’m selling my house and moving to a luxury apartment so I’m not sure I’ll need a truck bed or the extra $20,000 loan. Every day I change my mind...
I am waiting until Nov for the diesel and for my 1 year XM subscription to run out on the Ram.
Welcome to the forum! Whatever you decide good luck with it, but you can't go wrong with the Gladiator if you plan to take it on trips etc to do some overlanding...

I agree with you about it being a bit under-powered or the feeling of it. I definitely feel like it is under-powered and will try the iDrive first to see if it improves the feeling of it with Throttle response. I feel like I have to really step on it to get going LOL

When Edelbrock releases their SC, I will seriously consider their SC install for more power even though it might void my warranty...

jdysart

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2015 Mustang EcoBoost 50th Anniversary, 2018 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Programmer
Vehicle Showcase
My first post!

I was in a similar situation. I purchased a 2019 Ram Limited that was fully loaded back in November. While I loved that truck I couldn’t pass up the Gladiator and all the options of modifications that come with it. I also love the ability to take the doors and top off and cruise. The power issue is noticeable, but not a big deal for me. Also I drove a Turbo Sahara for 10 days while Ram was in the shop and I really couldn’t tell much difference in power from that to the 3.6 in the Gladiator I purchased. Both are great vehicles. I almost purchased a base Rubicon JLU instead of the Gladiator.
Sponsored