First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Soft Top
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hello, everyone. I am new to the forum. I got my Gladiator soft top w/ soft bed cover in August. I searched the forum first, but didn't see what I was looking for, so I'm going to ask it here. My apologies if this is a duplicate...

I do not like taking the soft top completely off. I enjoy the flexibility of keeping it attacked and don't mind the look of it open. I also find it be completely civil when the back window is out and the top is folded back on the highway. I have the soft top window and corners bag (what a pain in the ass that was to obtain). Is there any interest out there for a soft top boot cover for the opened top? Is there already a Mopar or aftermarket soft top boot cover, similar to the Smittybuilt one in this photo, to protect the Gladiator soft top when it is folded back? If not, I have an easy on / easy off design concept for one that would use the existing channels of the soft top. Do you think there's an interest in this, or a plan on Jeep's part to make one?

smittybilt-700235-01-soft-top%20storage-boot-jl-1.jpg
Sponsored

Goodfella4u19

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
I hope so !! It definitely needs a Boat for a nice clean look. I have been searching for the past week online and have not found anything.

Smokey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland JT, 2012 Wrangler JKU
Yes I would really like to have one and trying to find one on the internet now. I wish the top would lay down a little further. A boot would help lower the profile and also protect from dust and keep it from flapping.. Weird that none of these aftermarket companies have come up with one yet. Please post if if anyone finds something.

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
We have had a few threads on this, but sadly no one makes one.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/soft-top-canopy-boot.67551/#post-1108894

FWIW I contacted Jtops about using one of their wrangler boots and Bestop about the possibility of using their softtopper boot.
They both did not feel their existing boots would work because of how they are open in the front and would catch air and want to balloon up high on the Gladiator, even with the strapping.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Soft Top Protection Inquiry 89aea6c141d3b80b53f40f587399~mv2_d_4032_3024_s_4_2

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Soft Top Protection Inquiry boot-cover__66966.1655143060.1280.1280

I got side tracked but I need to do some measurements and just try to find a boat bimini top boot that would fit as I know mine with a simple zipper works at highway speeds without ballooning.

61q08t1norL.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: