Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Plumber, Daytrader
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator vs stuck vehicle Stuck1

Driving around town the other day, I saw a truck stuck trying to pull this foreign car out. Apparently, the foreign car jumped the curb and landed in the storm drainage pond. The truck in the back was stuck trying to pull his friend out (see ruts behind car). He said "That little jeep can't get me out". I smiled and grabbed my tow strap. Three mins later he said "Damn that truck is strong". Then pulled around to the spot the photo was taken from and put the Warn to work. The JT started sliding down the hill from the tension, so I rear anchored to the other truck. This fool started backing up in reverse as the car started to inch out of the pond. I jumped out and was yelling at him to stay in park when a 2 door Wrangler pulls up. Together we pulled the car out. Man I love this community. We shook hands and he was gone. Its no secret this is my first Jeep, but I never realized the sense of family and community that comes with owning a 7 slot grill. Thank you mystery 2 Door Wrangler man.

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator vs stuck vehicle Wranglerhel
Sponsored

1968Cutlass

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave

Driving around town the other day, I saw a truck stuck trying to pull this foreign car out. Apparently, the foreign car jumped the curb and landed in the storm drainage pond. The truck in the back was stuck trying to pull his friend out (see ruts behind car). He said "That little jeep can't get me out". I smiled and grabbed my tow strap. Three mins later he said "Damn that truck is strong". Then pulled around to the spot the photo was taken from and put the Warn to work. The JT started sliding down the hill from the tension, so I rear anchored to the other truck. This fool started backing up in reverse as the car started to inch out of the pond. I jumped out and was yelling at him to stay in park when a 2 door Wrangler pulls up. Together we pulled the car out. Man I love this community. We shook hands and he was gone. Its no secret this is my first Jeep, but I never realized the sense of family and community that comes with owning a 7 slot grill. Thank you mystery 2 Door Wrangler man.

I live in a Midwest farm community. Bought a JT because I wanted a convertible stick shift truck. Neighbor slid his Ram half ton 4x4 off the road into a deep ditch after a snowfall. Used my Mojave with mud tires to pull him right out, no problem. He was impressed. Me too.
then I told him the top and doors come off for fun at the lake this summer. His eyes lit right up...

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
We were out a few months ago in the mountains and encountered a freak snow storm. We saw a lady hopelessly stuck in the snow and we gave her a ride home. Fast forward a few months later and we are waiting in my truck for the new tires at America's tire..., and our representative comes up to us and asks us, "Did you give a lady a ride home a few months ago in the snow........". I said, yes, I remember her. He said, "Well, she was just here and saw you guys, and gave us $50 towards your tires. She did not want you to see her, because she knew you would not take the money. Talk about paying if forward ! Cool Lady. :)

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
Jeep, and the Jeep community, have a pretty good rep.
Years ago I was driving home one night and saw the lady in front of me, driving a small sedan too fast for conditions, slide down the 10’ bank off the side of the road. I was driving my old Wagoneer, and stopped to see if she was OK and wanted help. As I was hooking up the tow chain, a LEO pulled up, and told me to be careful. I got everything set, hopped in the Wagoneer, and started to pull: drug her right up onto the road. As I was unhooking things, the LEO said that I had literally drug her up the embankment, as she had her wheels turned the wrong way and wasn’t trying to drive at all. “Good thing you have a Jeep,” he said.

Kevin

Last edited:

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase

From Normandy to Berlin, from Anzio to Rome, and from the 38th parallel to Caisson, Jeeps earned their reputation for toughness and dependability. Americans recognized this and brought them home to the mountains of Vermont, the wheat fields of Kansas and the deserts of California and... every place in between to help run the farms, get to work in snow, climb the mountains of Colorado and traverse the deserts of the west. This is why we are a community... The Jeep community. I see someone in trouble, in a ditch, off the road, or just broken down, I stop to help. I have the winch, the jack, the straps, the extractors, the fire extinguishers, and the Trauma Kit with the training to use it. I am a member of this community.....

Sponsored

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
why was he in reverse if you are pulling him forward? that's off. Anyways, good job.

Xwelder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tow Max
Occupation
Aviation Maintenance
Wife and I were out on some errands a few days ago, saw an Amazon van stuck in the mud from trying to turn around in a driveway. Pulled in and in five minutes, had him out. The homeowner had tried with a 2WD Tacoma with no luck. Nothing more than a smile and a handshake was taken in return.

I think this thread should keep going with stories like this. Definitely a good part of Jeep ownership.

OldFloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
We live in the country, and are pretty much completely surrounded by wetlands. During the summer rainy season, our yard is always saturated. Driveway is dirt, and runs back between two houses, so is only about 15 feet wide at that point. So whenever delivery trucks come back, they always want to turn around in the yard (rather than backing down a 100 yard long, 15' wide driveway). Twice Amazon trucks have gotten stuck in my yard - the second one was actually delivering the tow straps I had ordered after the first one got stuck. Pulled them both out with little effort.

My third recovery was a bit more hairy. Driving down I-4, and there was someone waving us down on the side of the road. I saw his 1 ton dually stuck in the mud in the median. He had gotten it wedged in pretty good as he had tried to back up an embankment when he lost traction going forward, and the hitch was dug into the muck. He had already attached a chain, so I hooked it up to my tow hook, and a couple of pulls later he was back on concrete. Asked what he owed me, and my response was a handshake. He was quite impressed with the pulling capability of my Gladiator! Wasn't the smartest thing I had ever done though - if that chain had broken, I would have gone shooting out into interstate traffic. But it did sell my wife on my "I need a winch and proper bumper" argument!

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I love this thread. Keep it going. It's like fishing stories... "saw a big one down in the weeds but got 'em hooked up and on dry ground in 5 mins flat!"

OldFloridaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I love this thread. Keep it going. It's like fishing stories... "saw a big one down in the weeds but got 'em hooked up and on dry ground in 5 mins flat!"
Ahh, the one that got away - automotive version of a 4" perch, so not a big deal. It had run off the road and into a ditch. It was on a bend in a fairly well trafficked road, and since I still have yet to get aforementioned "winch and proper bumper," had to let it go - not enough room to get the tow strap attached and pull without blocking up traffic.

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I was at Cabela's with my son, when we saw a Trucker w/ tandems stuck in the partially unplowed section of the parking lot. I asked my son (12) if he thought we could to it, and he said "Heck yeah, let's try!!!" After showing this guy where the tow hooks were kept on his truck I hooked up to him, put it in four low, and crept along as we headed towards plowed roads. He was grateful, and my son was am

IMG_20201220_153058519_HDR.jpg

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
I was at Cabela's with my son, when we saw a Trucker w/ tandems stuck in the partially unplowed section of the parking lot. I asked my son (12) if he thought we could to it, and he said "Heck yeah, let's try!!!" After showing this guy where the tow hooks were kept on his truck I hooked up to him, put it in four low, and crept along as we headed towards plowed roads. He was grateful, and my son was am

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator vs stuck vehicle IMG_20201220_153058519_HDR
Thats awesome! I'm sure someone is going to tell you about tow capacity and then (if you have patience and grace) you might need to enlighten them about physics, traction and work as a form of energy rather than pure break strength etc. Just like Ford's million pound train pull. And VW's jumbo jet pull. Anyway - bet your son bragged to everyone! I know mine did when we pulled a school bus out when it had gotten stuck in a snow plow furrow.

OP
OP
Chris Blake

Chris Blake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Plumber, Daytrader

Jeep Gladiator Gladiator vs stuck vehicle IMG_20201220_153058519_HDR
Thats awsome!

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Thats awesome! I'm sure someone is going to tell you about tow capacity and then (if you have patience and grace) you might need to enlighten them about physics, traction and work as a form of energy rather than pure break strength etc. Just like Ford's million pound train pull. And VW's jumbo jet pull. Anyway - bet your son bragged to everyone! I know mine did when we pulled a school bus out when it had gotten stuck in a snow plow furrow.
Thank you for your words and view on this. He was simply on a packed/glazed spot and, despite the driver and a few other truckers throwing chains under the drive wheels, he was not able to move. I was able to give him just enough of a boost to get him out to the pavement. Regardless, it made me feel good to help out, and it taught my son a good lesson in paying it forward, in addition to the story he got to tell his friends.
Sponsored

Last edited: