John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had this idea rolling around in my head. I travel a lot with my Jeep and trailer and sometimes just need a place to park for the night traveling to my destination. Someplace safe and secure because Walmart and rest areas can be sketchy and I’m not always near a campground. Since I Just Empty Every Pocket with this thing, it would be nice to have a network of enthusiasts with yards to accommodate a fellow Jeeper on his travels to save some cash on accommodations. Full hookup, electric or no hook up at all with just space to rest and share experiences with our rigs.

Would be great to meet more of our forum on our own turf and offer a nice place to stay and even show off the area and what it may offer by recreation. Campfires 🔥 with those who share your interests while traveling cross county would be cool. My place for example has fishing, hiking, kayaking, lighthouses and wonderful beaches. I would most certainly offer space on my property for a traveler for overnight with a camper Or rooftop tent. Like a network for camping like the marketplace. I meet cool people on the marketplace.

I'm curious what you think?
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I’ve had this idea rolling around in my head. I travel a lot with my Jeep and trailer and sometimes just need a place to park for the night traveling to my destination. Someplace safe and secure because Walmart and rest areas can be sketchy and I’m not always near a campground. Since I Just Empty Every Pocket with this thing, it would be nice to have a network of enthusiasts with yards to accommodate a fellow Jeeper on his travels to save some cash on accommodations. Full hookup, electric or no hook up at all with just space to rest and share experiences with our rigs.

Would be great to meet more of our forum on our own turf and offer a nice place to stay and even show off the area and what it may offer by recreation. Campfires 🔥 with those who share your interests while traveling cross county would be cool. My place for example has fishing, hiking, kayaking, lighthouses and wonderful beaches. I would most certainly offer space on my property for a traveler for overnight with a camper Or rooftop tent. Like a network for camping like the marketplace. I meet cool people on the marketplace.

I'm curious what you think?
There's also rest areas along the highway.

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
There's also rest areas along the highway.
Good point Justin. Some get pretty iffy with vagrants. I’ve had people knock on my camper or car window 2am in the morning. Good luck getting back to sleep.

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
I'd offer up my place. I've got over 5 acres within walking distance to the lake. Could set-up on the grass next to my pond or on asphalt next to my hangar. Nice to have a cold beer and camp fire on a travel stop :beer:

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'd offer up my place. I've got over 5 acres within walking distance to the lake. Could set-up on the grass next to my pond or on asphalt next to my hangar. Nice to have a cold beer and camp fire on a travel stop :beer:
That’s what I’m talking about!

Sponsored

BearDog

First Name
Johnnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Max Tow. '20 H2SXSE+. RV-4 Airplane
Occupation
Machine Shop Manager
At my place, walk distance to lake also means walk distance to the local watering hole on the water. Great place for live music and tellin' lies.

Bonus: Might even get a ride in the back of my airplane before the cold snacks start.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members Form-N

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
At my place, walk distance to lake also means walk distance to the local watering hole on the water. Great place for live music and tellin' lies.

Bonus: Might even get a ride in the back of my airplane before the cold snacks start.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members Form-N
Nice plane! I drive everywhere, don’t fly and like my feet on the ground. No longer ice fish for the same reason because I don’t walk on water either. 🤣

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I could probably convince my wife to be on board with this, we don't have hookups though... but we do have 4.5 acres with a beautiful view of N. Alabama mountains.

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I could probably convince my wife to be on board with this, we don't have hookups though... but we do have 4.5 acres with a beautiful view of N. Alabama mountains.
My Grandparents are buried in Foley, AL. Alabama is a beautiful state.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

Is that an RV4?

Sponsored

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Yup. My little scooter and Reno air race plane.
The RV4/6 were on my Dad's short list, especially since they are less than 2 hours away. He ended up doing a dual control Kit Fox, but he's lost interest in flying and got rid of it before I could get my license. Definitely was fun though.
If I ever hit Texas in the Gladdy, I might have to look you up.

While I live in a beautiful area, Columbia River Gorge, unfortunately I also live in town with not much of a driveway.
But I could probably steer anybody towards a few nice places in the southern portion of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
20230318_122800~2.jpg
20220821_145021.jpg

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
In Michigan there are acres of state forest that you can camp in for free.

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The RV4/6 were on my Dad's short list, especially since they are less than 2 hours away. He ended up doing a dual control Kit Fox, but he's lost interest in flying and got rid of it before I could get my license. Definitely was fun though.
If I ever hit Texas in the Gladdy, I might have to look you up.

While I live in a beautiful area, Columbia River Gorge, unfortunately I also live in town with not much of a driveway.
But I could probably steer anybody towards a few nice places in the southern portion of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members 20220821_145021
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members 20220821_145021
That is stunningly beautiful 🤩

OP
OP
Summitsearcher

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In Michigan there are acres of state forest that you can camp in for free.
We live in a beautiful state. I’m in the national forest 🌳. AuSable River Valley. Kayak and canoeing paradise.
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members CC1B9F48-24B6-4697-9CDA-AF8760F9C095
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members F267379A-08C8-40A2-8E26-3789836D7701
Jeep Gladiator Gladiator Welcome Camping Spots -- For and From Site Members 51324908-AB07-4FD5-971E-A62374447A99
Sponsored