Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Think about that for a minute.

395hp, 410 torque, pickup truck, convertible, rock crawler, 4 door grocery getter, 4x4 competion crushing unique vehicle, that no one else competes with.

I wonder if FCA has or will ever entertain the thought of a Hemi.

Hell, make it a SRT or Hellcat version too if I am going to dream.:clap:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Aha, it wasn't a dream of mine....
You know my Grand Cherokee has FIVE engine options.
3.0 ecodiesel, 3.6 pentastar, and three different hemis, 5.7, 6.2, and 6.4.
What other manufacturer does that in a SUV?
Maybe one day it might happen, not sure a Hemi could shoehorned in the engine bay though.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Maybe one day it might happen, not sure a Hemi could shoehorned in the engine bay though.

why not, they are a few aftermarket kits for stuffing Hemi's into JK/JLs. Problem is final cost is 15-20K. There is also a turbo kit for the 3.6 (prodigyperformance) for 7K that will outperform the Hemi swap.

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
They did mention that they had no plans to offer the hemi in it as the diesel will make up the power difference.

Ripp supercharger will make equal power for a lot less money though.

Think about that for a minute.

395hp, 410 torque, pickup truck, convertible, rock crawler, 4 door grocery getter, 4x4 competion crushing unique vehicle, that no one else competes with.

I wonder if FCA has or will ever entertain the thought of a Hemi.

Hell, make it a SRT or Hellcat version too if I am going to dream.:clap:

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
They did mention that they had no plans to offer the hemi in it as the diesel will make up the power difference.

Ripp supercharger will make equal power for a lot less money though.
This.

The Hemi takes up too much space in the engine bay for them to properly get cleared... there will be heating and safety issues. While you might crate a Hemi into it... the diesel is their solution for extra torque.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Trickster, you and @eternus hit on the space issue. Mark Allan commented on it somewhere, sorry not looking for the video now. Anyway, he said while the Hemi does technically fit, but there is not enough space to leave for crumble zone and therefor they cannot put it in the current engine compartment and meet the required safety certifications for a OEM vehicle. He also said that is why you can do it aftermarket via a crate engine. The safety standards are not the same for aftermarket changes as they are for a vehicle leaving the factory.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Trickster, you and @eternus hit on the space issue. Mark Allan commented on it somewhere, sorry not looking for the video now. Anyway, he said while the Hemi does technically fit, but there is not enough space to leave for crumble zone and therefor they cannot put it in the current engine compartment and meet the required safety certifications for a OEM vehicle. He also said that is why you can do it aftermarket via a crate engine. The safety standards are not the same for aftermarket changes as they are for a vehicle leaving the factory.
Thanks, that's what I just said... but better. Long story short, they have stated it's not going to happen officially, so if you want it you gotta find someone to do it for you aftermarket.

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
When I popped the hood on 3.6 GC I was shocked at all the room in it, so I can see how the Hemi would fit. There is so much room in front of the engine I could use it for storage, you know toolbox, small pieces of PLYWOOD.:facepalm:
On my wife's JK, not even close to compare.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I think long term (3-5yrs) we’ll see high performance versions of the turbo straight 6 that get Hemi-like torque and power with petrol. That’s the plan for factory performance here I bet.

You know Jeep would be happy to take an extra 3-4K of our $$$ if they could - they aren’t likely limiting our engines out of spite.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
They are more likely to offer the 3.0l i6 turbo that will unveil with the jeep wagoneer which is rumored to make a similar amount of power as the 5.7 hemi.

OP
OP
Trickster

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
They are more likely to offer the 3.0l i6 turbo that will unveil with the jeep wagoneer which is rumored to make a similar amount of power as the 5.7 hemi.
BMW has had great success with inline 6's. Come do think of it so has Chrysler with the old slant 6. But I am not interested in anything turbo or supercharged due to the replacement cost of the parts. Unless I plan on flipping it before the warranty expires.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
that's what i want!

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
you guys missed out on the best chrysler 6 ever built we had it here in the 70's the hemi 6 was awesome the old slant was great had nothing on a hemi 6 definately 1 of the best engines of all time if chrysler could do that back then surely they can make a good straight 6 again hopefully this 3.0 i6 turbo is all mopar & not something someone else designed that they just have to live with like the amc 4.0l they stuck with it was only ok at best
its been a long time since weve had a genuine chrysler i6 last 1 in aus was 1981
sorry for the rant dont mean to offend but with what theyve done in theyre heyday i just feel there has been a lot of mediocraty in the 6 cylinder range (or lack of)
not bitching about the v8's though since they dropped the 4.7l (also amc design) & gave the hemi its third gen its been great but they just need another great 6 & v6's just dont have a flat enough torque curve to deliver what a real 4 wheel drive needs

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
you guys missed out on the best chrysler 6 ever built we had it here in the 70's the hemi 6 was awesome the old slant was great had nothing on a hemi 6 definately 1 of the best engines of all time if chrysler could do that back then surely they can make a good straight 6 again hopefully this 3.0 i6 turbo is all mopar & not something someone else designed that they just have to live with like the amc 4.0l they stuck with it was only ok at best
its been a long time since weve had a genuine chrysler i6 last 1 in aus was 1981
sorry for the rant dont mean to offend but with what theyve done in theyre heyday i just feel there has been a lot of mediocraty in the 6 cylinder range (or lack of)
not bitching about the v8's though since they dropped the 4.7l (also amc design) & gave the hemi its third gen its been great but they just need another great 6 & v6's just dont have a flat enough torque curve to deliver what a real 4 wheel drive needs
Look like it is going to mainly replace the pentastar world engines family with a turbo model that could replace the 5.7 hemi. So it seems that it will be designed as Fiat-Chrysler as a whole, probably mainly Fiat.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ti...cement-for-pentastar-engine-family?source=dam
Sponsored