Gladiator with Fender/Slider & Bumper Modifications

Tommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Pulled the trigger; first modifications to my Gladiator.. I wanted to beef up the look of the black fenders and while this not being my first JEEP we all know what happens to our black fenders after time. I also didn't love the plastic look of the bumper so, after considerable thought I decided to have the bumpers, fenders and sliders sprayed with LINE-X.. was little nervous until I picked her up.. totally love it! Never have to worry about the fenders fading over time and LINE-X being a protective, flexible coating that adds to the investment. Gave the everything a tougher look, and added some tint to the fronts..

IMG_3445.JPG
IMG_3448.JPG
IMG_3449.JPG
IMG_3437.JPG
IMG_3436.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG
Sponsored

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Looks very good from where I am sitting.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Pulled the trigger; first modifications to my Gladiator.. I wanted to beef up the look of the black fenders and while this not being my first JEEP we all know what happens to our black fenders after time. I also didn't love the plastic look of the bumper so, after considerable thought I decided to have the bumpers, fenders and sliders sprayed with LINE-X.. was little nervous until I picked her up.. totally love it! Never have to worry about the fenders fading over time and LINE-X being a protective, flexible coating that adds to the investment. Gave the everything a tougher look, and added some tint to the fronts..

IMG_3445.JPG
IMG_3448.JPG
IMG_3449.JPG
IMG_3437.JPG
IMG_3436.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG
Great idea. I wondered if Line X would adhere to the plastic. Looks like I got my answer. Expensive?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

IMG_3445.JPG
IMG_3448.JPG
IMG_3449.JPG
IMG_3437.JPG
IMG_3436.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG
DO THEY TAKE EVERYTHING OFF TO SPRAY THEM?

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Seeing this gets the gears turning in my head... can’t get body color fenders on Sport S but you CAN get colored LineX ... wondering what a sportS max tow would look like having the hardtop and fenders done in a tinted linex... :idea:

5chema

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Canada Launch Edition (1of419)
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing this gets the gears turning in my head... can’t get body color fenders on Sport S but you CAN get colored LineX ... wondering what a sportS max tow would look like having the hardtop and fenders done in a tinted linex... :idea:
But I heard that some colored liners tend to fade over time... so I would suggest going for a whole Line-X body job: no mismatch and an even more tough industrial "tank-like" look!!!

OP
OP
Tommy

Tommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Great idea. I wondered if Line X would adhere to the plastic. Looks like I got my answer. Expensive?

Regarding your question.... for them to spray the Fenders, Bumper and Rails it was around $800 which I thought was a deal since who knows when and how much aftermarket items are going to cost.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tommy

Tommy

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
But I heard that some colored liners tend to fade over time... so I would suggest going for a whole Line-X body job: no mismatch and an even more tough industrial "tank-like" look!!!
I am not sure about the tinted however there is a warranty on the black from fading.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, everything sprayed was removed and sprayed in a booth.
Can you tell us the pricing for bumpers, fenders, and Rocker rails?

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
If you ever try to sell a completely lined Jeep, you severely limiting your buyer market...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you ever try to sell a completely lined Jeep, you severely limiting your buyer market...
But if you're hanging onto it forever, then cool.

ClawSS

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Sierra, 2010 Camaro. 2009 300C SRT8, 2004 Silverado
This was totally my plan all along with the additional grille coverage in black on either a Sting Gray or Granite (haven't decided on that yet). I am so glad you got to do it first and prove out my dream. Thank you! I just thought the grille would take a bug/rock beating better with Line-X.
Sponsored