Gladiator with Mopar Lift and Actuator Issue

mattpetrich

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Wrangler Extreme Edition
I have a Gladiator with the Mopar 2 inch lift installed. I am running 35 inch tires. About two weeks after the lift was installed by my dealer, there was a rubbing/grinding noise coming from the right front tire. When I brought the truck back to the dealer to get it checked, there was no rubbing or grinding going on but I was told that the noise was coming from the actuator that is used to lock and unlock the front axle locker. If the actuator is unplugged, the noise goes away. The dealer replaced the actuator and thought that the issue was fixed but unfortunately it wasn't. I still have the rubbing / grinding noise when the actuator is plugged in. I dropped the truck off at the dealer this morning to try again to find and rectify the issue. Has anyone seen or heard anything like this? I am hoping that someone has some info that I can pass on to the dealer to get the problem resolved.
Thanks for the help and sorry that this was posted twice.
Matt
Sponsored

Imjeli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK
I've had a similar issue with my Gladiator. I get a random vibration that resembles driving over small rumble strips. This happens at random times but seems to be more and more often. I took it into the dealer and they just said it needs a new actuator.
We'll see if that fixes the issue on Friday.