First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
A licence to operate a hand held low power unit once in a while in the middle of the desert with a few friends, really. I'll have to think about that.

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
A licence to operate a hand held low power unit once in a while in the middle of the desert with a few friends, really. I'll have to think about that.
I actually spend more of my time on GMRS talking to people from all over the country via repeaters.

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
careful, the “ham-rens” will be here soon to attack you for operating without a license and not following the rules.:CWL:

Sponsored

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTMT, 2004 R1150GS, 1979 R100
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
Just went in to put in my application. I *THINK* I did it. I got a registration number and confirmation that I paid, but nothing else. Do you typically have to wait and receive an email after a few days or something?

cj8scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR MT Sarge Green
Just went in to put in my application. I *THINK* I did it. I got a registration number and confirmation that I paid, but nothing else. Do you typically have to wait and receive an email after a few days or something?
I don't think I ever got an email or letter confirmation. I searched on https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchGmrs.jsp about a month after I applied and my license did show up there.

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
You should get a page that has your call sign and info that you print out. That's your license.

It's pretty much immediate. It might come as an email.

This is based on info from 5/21 when I got mine.

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
Yeah, I got the Registration immediately, got a document saying I paid, but nothing about call sign. Ugh. Dreading calling an FCC help desk.

sarguy1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You should be able to login to the site and look under your FRN for "applications". If you truly did the application after your FRN then it should be there.

On Main page click file online. You will enter your FRN and password. Next page should have a menu on left with My Licenses and My applications. If nothing under license then check application

Jeep Gladiator GMRS license fee has finally dropped 1650882415593

Sponsored

ryan141

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ, 2021 Grand Limited, 2021 Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
I did this as well, and I am waiting for my actual approval, this will probably happen during the week, I would not expect a government approval on a weekend.

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Yeah, I got the Registration immediately, got a document saying I paid, but nothing about call sign. Ugh. Dreading calling an FCC help desk.
Got my call sign the next day after filling out the form. Came as an email with a link to a PDF form. This was last Thursday.

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
careful, the “ham-rens” will be here soon to attack you for operating without a license and not following the rules.:CWL:
I guess its ok not to get an off road wilderness permit where required. Why do I even need a drivers license? Ok, I'm never going to pay registration on my JT ever again.

Keeping this more on track, so a dozen or more offroaders are all using GMRS and they all have a valid GMRS license but you. Do you think they'll think your special at that point?

BaliMawr

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Art Teacher, Blacksmith
I don't think I ever got an email or letter confirmation. I searched on https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/searchGmrs.jsp about a month after I applied and my license did show up there.
[/QU
You should be able to login to the site and look under your FRN for "applications". If you truly did the application after your FRN then it should be there.

On Main page click file online. You will enter your FRN and password. Next page should have a menu on left with My Licenses and My applications. If nothing under license then check application

Jeep Gladiator GMRS license fee has finally dropped 1650882415593
Yeah, I finally found a page that told me my application was pending. I was expecting some sort confirmation after payment. H

Alan_Hepburn

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Sport S; 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E
Occupation
Retired
I did mine about a week ago and it took overnight for the email showing my license...
Sponsored