Might be surprised.

Freedom edition
Max tow
Lots of options.

not many mods:
34”
Spacer front rear
Replaced + added fog lights.

I don’t pack a lot, no air compressor, no parts, no winch, no high lift, no racks etc.

payload is 1425 per the sticker.

scale weight was 5200

GVWR is 6250 per sticker.

payload no driver full of fuel just over 1k.

little less than I was expecting, I was expecting it to be just under 5k and to have 1250 pounds payload

click my link for my build nothing new.

CCBADF5F-0ACA-4916-BD07-9ACFA24A4852.jpeg
Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I weighed mine recently, almost completely empty, including me. Rubicon, 37’s, aluminum belly skids, steel diff, rear shock mount and LCA skids, soft topper, 48” hi lift, hitch skid, RSE gen 3 slider steps, warn steel front bumper and sway bar skid plate, warn 12k Evo synthetic winch, thule cross bars, sunrider. That’s most everything I think. It came out at 5,600. So I’ve added 500+ to the stock 5,050. 160 of that is the bumper and winch, at least 100 for the RSE steps, 40ish for the belly skids, and the rest made up the rest of the 200+. Could be worse.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
That seems heavy, IMO..........
The curb weight of an Overland is 4720.
Add a bit for the automatic (what, 50 pounds more).
So if I add even 100 for the transmission, I'd be at 4800 for an Overland.
Tonneau cover is light - very light, 20 pounds or so maybe? Electric options add almost nothing.
Trailer hitch (receiver with the tow package) adds about 40 pounds. That's about what a Curt receiver weighs.
If the base curb weight of an Overland is 4720, and I add weight for the transmission, tonneau cover, receiver hitch, I'd still not touch 5,000 pounds.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That seems heavy, IMO..........
The curb weight of an Overland is 4720.
Add a bit for the automatic (what, 50 pounds more).
So if I add even 100 for the transmission, I'd be at 4800 for an Overland.
Tonneau cover is light - very light, 20 pounds or so maybe? Electric options add almost nothing.
Trailer hitch (receiver with the tow package) adds about 40 pounds. That's about what a Curt receiver weighs.
If the base curb weight of an Overland is 4720, and I add weight for the transmission, tonneau cover, receiver hitch, I'd still not touch 5,000 pounds.
My rubicon bone stock had a curb weight of 5,050. Auto trans, 4hi auto t-case, towing, hard top, and when it was stock it had a plastic front bumper.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
My rubicon bone stock had a curb weight of 5,050. Auto trans, 4hi auto t-case, towing, hard top, and when it was stock it had a plastic front bumper.
Mine was 5250 or so. Full tank of gas, hard too, teauno (can never spell that darn word). And i was standing off to the side. Remaining payload was 980 i think.

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Jeep Gladiator Go scale your truck… image

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Rubicon would be quite a bit heavier - sway bar disconnect/motor, heavier tires, the wider axles would add some weight as would the lockers and even with the plastic bumper, don't they have a steel skid plate instead of the plastic air dam? There's another 30+ pounds there. I bet even the hood is heavier, and do all Rubicon's have a steel rear bumper? That bit I can't say for sure. There's weight there, the extra tow hook in the back......

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Rubicon would be quite a bit heavier - sway bar disconnect/motor, heavier tires, the wider axles would add some weight as would the lockers and even with the plastic bumper, don't they have a steel skid plate instead of the plastic air dam? There's another 30+ pounds there. I bet even the hood is heavier, and do all Rubicon's have a steel rear bumper? That bit I can't say for sure. There's weight there, the extra tow hook in the back......
4918, full gas, no driver, rubicon. So not necessarily. But I don't have leather or any major options really. I do have the hard top, metal bumper, and bed liner. I feel like these threads often repeat themselves... Haha

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Steel rear bumper and sway bar skid. Yes. The hood is the same as yours though. Mohave is heavier as it has a steel hood.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
4918, full gas, no driver, rubicon. So not necessarily. But I don't have leather or any major options really. I do have the hard top, metal bumper, and bed liner. I feel like these threads often repeat themselves... Haha
Yeah, at 4918 it's heavier than mine should be with my option. Like I say - the sway bar, axles (wider with lockers) it should be heavier than an Overland with the same equipment. There's charts floating around here showing all the various base curb weights both with manual and the heavier automatics showing a fair difference between the 4 (GASP!) trim levels......
Leather would be a bit heavier than cloth - but how much of it is real leather when they say "leather trimmed"..............

And finally - what makes you say that? I hadn't noticed...........

The hood is the same as yours though.
Hoods are a bit different. Maybe both white metal, but not the shape or structure.
For years owners of Sport and Overland have transplanted the fancier bit higher, Rubicon hood. Mine is low and smooth with only a very slight bulge to it.
I don't know what the weight difference is, but I'd bet there is a difference. Mine is really light.

Jeep Gladiator Go scale your truck… 1656250910644

Jeep Gladiator Go scale your truck… 1656251289565

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, at 4918 it's heavier than mine should be with my option. Like I say - the sway bar, axles (wider with lockers) it should be heavier than an Overland with the same equipment. There's charts floating around here showing all the various base curb weights both with manual and the heavier automatics showing a fair difference between the 4 (GASP!) trim levels......
Leather would be a bit heavier than cloth - but how much of it is real leather when they say "leather trimmed"..............

And finally - what makes you say that? I hadn't noticed...........

Hoods are a bit different. Maybe both white metal, but not the shape or structure.
For years owners of Sport and Overland have transplanted the fancier bit higher, Rubicon hood. Mine is low and smooth with only a very slight bulge to it.
I don't know what the weight difference is, but I'd bet there is a difference. Mine is really light.

I only meant they’re both aluminum. The Mohave hood is steel. The rubicon hood might actually be lighter with some of it being open with plastic vents.

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
I only meant they’re both aluminum. The Mohave hood is steel. The rubicon hood might actually be lighter with some of it being open with plastic vents.
The rubicon and standard hood are within 5lbs of each other. They are both aluminum as you say and if you look at gas hood struts they sell the same weight for both rubicon and sport but the Mojave and 392 require 25% and 50% more pressure respectively. From what I was able to find, the shipping weights of the sport hood (26lbs) and rubicon (29lbs) show that the weight is negligible.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The rubicon and standard hood are within 5lbs of each other. They are both aluminum as you say and if you look at gas hood struts they sell the same weight for both rubicon and sport but the Mojave and 392 require 25% and 50% more pressure respectively. From what I was able to find, the shipping weights of the sport hood (26lbs) and rubicon (29lbs) show that the weight is negligible.
Nothing like a bit of research. Thx. Of course I’m not going to downgrade my vented hood to save 3lbs. :)

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
Nothing like a bit of research. Thx. Of course I’m not going to downgrade my vented hood to save 5lbs. :)
Gotta do something while I listen to the rain and enjoy my morning cup of Joe…

May as well research hood weights on different trim levels! 🤣

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta do something while I listen to the rain and enjoy my morning cup of Joe…

May as well research hood weights on different trim levels! 🤣
Exactly.
Sponsored