Sponsored

Gobi Rack installed on 2 door soft top....finally!

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
After 16 week wait time I finally got my rack and installed it yesterday. Did it by myself as you can tell from pics. Excellent build quality, instructions, and fit. I had two questions during install and Gobi was very responsive. Very happy with the way it turned out. James Baroud hard shell tent coming in three weeks. Working towards an overland build. Full skid plates on the way. Metalcloak rear diff cover is installed, ARB fridge, and Warn winch also. Need to get a better power management system than the dual batter set up. Any good ideas let me know. thanks!

IMG_6921.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

IMG_6933.jpg
Sponsored

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Very nice! Can you still put the top down?

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Very nice! Looks like a great solution for a 2-door.

It appears that the top has to stay in safari mode with the rack because there isn’t a way to drop it with the rack on.

PS: cute pic of the kids in their jammies. Adorable.

SD JLR

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JLR)
I'm jealous. I'm still waiting for mine for my 2 door Rubicon...going on week 22.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sarum87

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
right now the rack can not lift up in order to put the soft top down. I need to order the quick release kit so I can easily lift the rack up and put down the top. Only takes a few minutes...

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
How much wind noise does it make and does it affect gas mileage?

OP
OP
sarum87

sarum87

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ 7
Vehicle Showcase
There is a slight wind noise but not that much really. Not sure on gas mileage impact yet. When I put a tent on top I’m sure I’ll take a slight hit on gas mileage.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
After 16 week wait time I finally got my rack and installed it yesterday. Did it by myself as you can tell from pics. Excellent build quality, instructions, and fit. I had two questions during install and Gobi was very responsive. Very happy with the way it turned out. James Baroud hard shell tent coming in three weeks. Working towards an overland build. Full skid plates on the way. Metalcloak rear diff cover is installed, ARB fridge, and Warn winch also. Need to get a better power management system than the dual batter set up. Any good ideas let me know. thanks!

IMG_6921.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

IMG_6933.jpg
looks good , are you going up the Sierras ?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I really, really want one of these... this is a future Christmas gift right here

Sponsored

BIGRIGMCGEE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
Do you happen to have the dimensions for the tray (LxW)? Gobi's website only shows the dimensions for the JLU rack... Wanting to do that same - Gobi rack and rooftop tent but not sure exactly how big of a RTT

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@sarum87 Peter: two thoughts, one comedic, one I'm not sure.

1) lowering that Gobi on your rig, given its garage ceiling placement--I don't know why--reminds me of this:

2) A part of me thinks of getting front and back hitches, each with a winch in them, that, along with some poles and pulleys I jury rig, raises or lowers the rack, even with tied down gear on it, to facilitate opening and closing the soft top.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL

IMG_6921.jpg
Awesome! looking at their web page they recommend "Soft Top Protective Rubber Trim" did you order that too?
https://www.gobiracks.com/product/jeep-jl-2door-stealth-rack-40-led-setup/

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

IMG_6921.jpg

IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6930.jpg

IMG_6933.jpg
Hey this is pretty boss. Can I ask what your clearance is in that garage? Mine's pretty low too.. maybe even lower. Share input on the QR kit when you get it :beer:

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
@sarum87 Nice choice on the tent and rack. I’m looking forward to seeing the finished result.
I’m also eyeballing a setup similar to this.
Great work.
Sponsored