Sponsored

GOBI Steath Rack (over cab)

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Is that a good price? It seems crazy.

OP
OP
jurfie

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Price is relative, but yeah; it's $400 more than the JK/JKU rack cost. Not sure what makes it more expensive.

h4281776

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etubeandwire.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 White Gladiator Rubicon
Price is relative, but yeah; it's $400 more than the JK/JKU rack cost. Not sure what makes it more expensive.
You can just think of the backpack as being $400 and then it's the same price... I assume we'll see actual pics after SEMA. Very cool idea. However with a flip back design it may make it hard to use with a bed rack system.

OP
OP
jurfie

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can just think of the backpack as being $400 and then it's the same price... I assume we'll see actual pics after SEMA. Very cool idea. However with a flip back design it may make it hard to use with a bed rack system.
True, but then the backpack isn’t “free”. It is the same price as the Brute rack, so there must be some reason. I had assumed the Brute version was more due to being a lower volume market...plus everyone knows Brute owners are FLUSH. ;)

I suppose whether it flips back enough to remove the hard top depends on the position of the rack load bars; it may open enough to remove the roof (as long as there is no tent on the bed rack. We’ll see.

I'm thinking this with the Truck Covers USA roll cover and Frontrunner track-mounted load bars. It would allow me to carry my 17 foot sea kayak on the roof and a tent on the bed rack at the same time. The bed rack load bars can be easily removed when I’m not in camping-mode and want to run topless (while still being able to carry the kayak). My only concern is if the Stealth rack would work with the Bestop Sunrider as that’s how I’d run 90% of the time in good weather.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Gobi Racks makes some of the best racks available - very good quality and lots of features based on their years of experience. Like any good product, theirs aren't low cost

"You get what you pay for" or "buy once cry once" ("buy quality and cry once; buy cheap and cry forever")

OP
OP
jurfie

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
i dont think it'd work with a sunrider either.

also, i'd like to know if you can get the freedom panels off without tilting it. if you have any type of rack over the bed i think the tilt feature is useless.

i want the ability to remove the front panels when wheeling on a nice day and fully loaded.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
Has anybody ordered these And have them installed?

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Has anybody ordered these And have them installed?
It doesn't appear to be on the Gobi site at this point... they either pulled it for a redesign, or canceled it. Or maybe just never got around to releasing it.

OP
OP
jurfie

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't appear to be on the Gobi site at this point... they either pulled it for a redesign, or canceled it. Or maybe just never got around to releasing it.
Interesting. The second link I posted above still works, but you’re right: it doesn’t show up under Jeep products. The link says “made to order”, so maybe you can still order it if one was to contact them directly.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Interesting. The second link I posted above still works, but you’re right: it doesn’t show up under Jeep products. The link says “made to order”, so maybe you can still order it if one was to contact them directly.
Oh, didn't see your second link. Well now I wonder if any exist.... the price is definitely off-putting.

I always thought I want to put one on my Wrangler but could never pull the trigger on that price... and I didn't want to put too much weight above my head on the Jeep. I like the look of this, but it feels more complex than what I want at this point.

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I can see this being good, as it appears to protect the A pillars from branches, and you could run guy cables to push branches up and over. Plus you still get a roof rack with ability to open the top...

They did, however, design the rear mounts to work with the Rubicon sliders...

erikthetex

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I’m curious if anyone has installed one and how they like it... I was considering this rack and the sunrider but i haven’t seen anyone say definitively if the combo won’t work.
Sponsored