GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys!

Excited about my first few upgrades to the JT, so I figured I would post up a build thread, even though it will not ever be nearly as impressive as many here.

The truck has about 3,300 miles or so on it, and If you have seen my recent posts you will know I just added the following things throughout the week last week:

- NFAB steps/rails
I added these because they look awesome, and I think they will add a little bit of protection for the body. I was not a fan of the stock plastic steps When I test drove an Overland. They were at just the wrong height if that makes any sense at all. These feel much better and add to the look of the truck IMO

- Rough Country cube lights
The stock headlights and fog lights are underwhelming when not on the street. These cubes are plenty bright and have enough of a throw/flood combo to light up everything I need to see. I was thinking about adding a bar but I think I will hold off for now because these lights are hitting just right.

- BFG K02s
Like many, I really did not like the look or capabilities of the stock street tires. My in-laws actually gifted me this set for christmas! I guess I would not shut up about tires 😂 After install, the truck rides smoother, tracks straighter, and looks way better. I can’t wait to take it offroad and see how the capabilities have improved.

My wife has a cricket and does vinyl work all of the time. I would love for some ideas for unique decals! Maybe I can convince her to sell custom decals to you guys in her online shop if they work out well on my truck. I would like to get her to print a decal for the side of the hood with a cool name, but I haven’t thought up a good one yet 😂. Name suggestions are encouraged as well.

Here are some photos from this week. I plan to add some seat covers this week, and I’m working on/thinking about a rubi takeoff suspension.

83D108A5-3C7B-4CA0-9EA1-7F517EE890AF.jpeg

82783586-3A4E-43D9-AB75-904ED975EC60.jpeg

CFDD71E6-72E3-4266-88AB-96E0C81B9DE8.jpeg

A9DE1C2D-D0AB-4F08-901B-9C8872DEF9C4.jpeg

17B6F07D-742E-404E-AFE8-E89BE806D5BC.jpeg

FE73010C-0458-4E2B-9B1F-8D6A9EC66B3A.jpeg

6CC9541F-B827-4E6B-AA71-B0375FEA8DFA.jpeg

A2C7175D-1D78-4CDC-A015-5AEDFFA950EA.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
GoBraves95

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
I went back and forth on calling this “build on a budget” or not because no JT is cheap and I don’t want to act like it is. I also don’t want to come across as being the guy that adds “Walmart brand” stuff to their truck, if that makes sense.

What I’m going to be shooting for is quality, high value and practical upgrades that enhance functionality/capability and/or just make me happy. I don’t have the hobby budget many people do to get in the spending race, nor do I really want to get into the spending race. Maybe it is just that I have multiple hobbies. Regardless, lots of capability for the money is what’s up!

Last edited:

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I went back and forth on calling this “build on a budget” or not because no JT is cheap and I don’t want to act like it is. I also don’t want to come across as being the guy that adds “Walmart brand” stuff to their truck, if that makes sense.

What I’m going to be shooting for is quality, high value and practical upgrades that enhance functionality/capability just make me happy. I don’t have the hobby budget many people do to get in the spending race, nor do I really want to get into the spending race. Maybe it is just that I have multiple hobbies. Regardless, lots of capability for the money is what’s up!
I get that. Mine was $54k. That’s a lot of money. I balance cost and also drivability and MPG since I drive so much. Also, looks because my gladiator overland looked great but a little off. My first mods were blacking out the silver emblems and front window tint to match the back. Then I scored a rubicon take off suspension for $150. Shortly thereafter, I had saved up enough money to get my 285s. Even those I was careful and got light ones so I didn’t lose much MPG or drivability, but big enough so they looked a lot better.

By the way, I had the same style N-Fab side steps on my Canyon. I liked them. They looked good and were good quality. Luckily, my overland came with the Mopar black tubular side steps so they looked a lot better than the bleachers that normally come on overlands. I like them ok. They’re actually pretty strong. They held up well when my Jeep got hit in a parking lot.

OP
OP
GoBraves95

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
I get that. Mine was $54k. That’s a lot of money. I balance cost and also drivability and MPG since I drive so much. Also, looks because my gladiator overland looked great but a little off. My first mods were blacking out the silver emblems and front window tint to match the back. Then I scored a rubicon take off suspension for $150. Shortly thereafter, I had saved up enough money to get my 285s. Even those I was careful and got light ones so I didn’t lose much MPG or drivability, but big enough so they looked a lot better.

By the way, I had the same style N-Fab side steps on my Canyon. I liked them. They looked good and were good quality. Luckily, my overland came with the Mopar black tubular side steps so they looked a lot better than the bleachers that normally come on overlands. I like them ok. They’re actually pretty strong. They held up well when my Jeep got hit in a parking lot.
Glad what I said made sense. Yeah, these trucks (all trucks really) can get expensive. I was able to get a pretty good price on my Sport S I think. It had a few factory options plus an extra tint and bedliner at the dealership. It was 41K I believe. My trade in and down payment took care of all of the fees, tax tag title etc and I ended up financing close to the actual price. Crazy how much you actually pay vs what the “sales price” is.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I like what you’ve done so far. You do you.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Glad what I said made sense. Yeah, these trucks (all trucks really) can get expensive. I was able to get a pretty good price on my Sport S I think. It had a few factory options plus an extra tint and bedliner at the dealership. It was 41K I believe. My trade in and down payment took care of all of the fees, tax tag title etc and I ended up financing close to the actual price. Crazy how much you actually pay vs what the “sales price” is.
My msrp was $54k. I got a great deal also. It was still a lot of damn money though.

SkyKing

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Decided on Cooper LT275/70R18.
Added my 1.5” TeraFlex leveling kit.
Ordered TeraFlex Falcon SP2 2.1 shocks and TeraFlex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 Stabilizer.
Keeping the warden happy by not going radical on tires…😳🙄🥺
Jeep Gladiator GoBraves95’s Sport S build on a budget 0458CA83-6BA1-401C-AEDB-DA99BE804441

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
Nice rig! I've got a manual Sport s with minimal options on the way. Major upgrade from the newish ranger I'm driving now. I'm in the Decatur area.

OP
OP
GoBraves95

GoBraves95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Nice rig! I've got a manual Sport s with minimal options on the way. Major upgrade from the newish ranger I'm driving now. I'm in the Decatur area.
Congrats! How did you know my state? Did the hat give it away? Lol

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S
Occupation
EHS
Congrats! How did you know my state? Did the hat give it away? Lol
It's hard to miss the big orange peach on the license plate! Even from an angle. Lol.

Looking forward to seeing your build progress.
Sponsored