Gone Resto Gladiator

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I'm good for that "Forty One" Ninety. 4190 First Edition. Nice ring to it, sweet ass JT. Not this first round, but when one pops up in a couple years I'll grab it up used, or get a similarly cool package new when available later, especially since Jeep made the effort to price sensibly. I'm all in, just later on.

However, today 847 miles and 18 hours later. Jeep heads, l met my truck!! Been working the deal about three, four weeks.

I drive around a corner and there's this funky beats Jeep sitting there, wait, it's a Truck!! That's when that 100% jeep 100% truck hit me. It has been true a long time. She looked like an old jeep then the truck part hit me. Went two door long bed. This thing is just cool. Like the 2020 is for us already and the world in short order. So excited!

So get out to check it out, it is twice as nice as advertised. Holy cow. Interior, everything. Obviously needs continued TLC, but what is there is true survivor. First thing is dealing with that paint problem. Anyway, he tells me both of the indicator lights come on, neutral and four wheel drive. We laugh, it's a jeep, I get to fix it. So we are looking at it just loving it. He is going to miss it as much as I love having it.

You know this guy said he sold it to me over some offers because he felt it need to go to a Jeeper? How many times will you experience that in your life? A guy who likely could have sold for more, but instead gives to a home he thinks will be good. Rare like this Jeep!

Ever see a Jeep girl pull up real slow next to your uhaul, not even glance, just give you side face smile before zooming off? Lol. A thumbs up on an LA freeway from some guy nodding and smiling? A CJ literally blocking traffic for you when you hit a blinker to change lanes and following you another 3 exits just watching the classic Jeep Truck? Awesome trip home.

So I haven't driven this thing yet. Gotta get it off the car hauler. It's a three on a tree. Yup, you know it.. Started immediately, eased into reverse, climbed off the hauler like she was gonna climb right back on - all articulating and softy strong. All I could do was smile. Okay, so it's after midnight. I go to pull forward. She Growled. Dudes. The only way I can describe it is 50's. The sound was pure heaven. I know every car guy in range heard that sound. Made me so happy I laughed all the way back to uhaul.

Truck is a bad ass Jeep Gladiator original, and she is all mine!

Good luck with your builds, I am looking forward to reading and seeing some pics.

1964 Willys Jeep Gladiator 4x4

This early production Gladiator was tagged as a "Willys" not a "Kaiser", it runs and drives great with the powerful Tornado Jet OHC inline 3.8L 6cyl engine, manual column shift, rebuilt fuel pump and carburetor, replaced fuel hoses and cleaned fuel tank, new tires and brakes. the interior is stellar, straight body not perfect just perfect for restoration or drive it as it is, floor pans, frame and body are dry and solid no rust, it has spent its life in the dry California desert.

Clean title with original Black Calif lic plates.

The odometer reading is 62762. Miles.

Price: $5800

Rating: Plywood, check the key fob
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
now im jealous sweet as a bit of panel n paint & youll be rollin

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I'm good for that "Forty One" Ninety. 4190 First Edition. Nice ring to it, sweet ass JT. Not this first round, but when one pops up in a couple years I'll grab it up used, or get a similarly cool package new when available later, especially since Jeep made the effort to price sensibly. I'm all in, just later on.

However, today 847 miles and 18 hours later. Jeep heads, l met Cindy!! Been working the deal about three, four weeks.

I drive around a corner and there's this funky beats Jeep sitting there, wait, it's a Truck!! That's when that 100% jeep 100% truck hit me. It has been true a long time. She looked like an old jeep then the truck part hit me. Went two door long bed. This thing is just cool. Like the 2020 is for us already and the world in short order. So excited!

So get out to check it out, it is twice as nice as advertised. Holy cow. Interior, everything. Obviously needs continued TLC, but what is there is true survivor. First thing is dealing with that paint problem. Anyway, he tells me both of the indicator lights come on, neutral and four wheel drive. We laugh, it's a jeep, I get to fix it. So we are looking at it just loving it. He is going to miss it as much as I love having it.

You know this guy said he sold it to me over some offers because he felt it need to go to a Jeeper? How many times will you experience that in your life? A guy who likely could have sold for more, but instead gives to a home he thinks will be good. Rare like this Jeep!

Ever see a Jeep girl pull up real slow next to your uhaul, not even glance, just give you side face smile before zooming off? Lol. A thumbs up on an LA freeway from some guy nodding and smiling? A CJ literally blocking traffic for you when you hit a blinker to change lanes and following you another 3 exits just watching the classic Jeep Truck? Awesome trip home.

So I haven't driven this thing yet. Gotta get it off the car hauler. It's a three on a tree. Yup, you know it.. Started immediately, eased into reverse, climbed off the hauler like she was gonna climb right back on - all articulating and softy strong. All I could do was smile. Okay, so it's after midnight. I go to pull forward. She Growled. Dudes. The only way I can describe it is 50's. The sound was pure heaven. I know every car guy in range heard that sound. Made me so happy I laughed all the way back to uhaul.

Cindy is a bad ass Jeep Gladiator original, and she is all mine!

Good luck with your builds, I am looking forward to reading and seeing some pics.

1964 Willys Jeep Gladiator 4x4

This early production Gladiator was tagged as a "Willys" not a "Kaiser", it runs and drives great with the powerful Tornado Jet OHC inline 3.8L 6cyl engine, manual column shift, rebuilt fuel pump and carburetor, replaced fuel hoses and cleaned fuel tank, new tires and brakes. the interior is stellar, straight body not perfect just perfect for restoration or drive it as it is, floor pans, frame and body are dry and solid no rust, it has spent its life in the dry California desert.

Clean title with original Black Calif lic plates.

The odometer reading is 62762. Miles.

Price: $5800

Rating: Plywood, check the key fob

View attachment 10632

View attachment 10633

View attachment 10634

View attachment 10635

View attachment 10636

View attachment 10637
Glad you and Cindy can finally have the life together you two deserve

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Talk about Jeeps holding their value!
That truck probably didn’t cost much more when new.
Congratulations!

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Congrats you go it man. I'll be anticipating, and selfishly expecting, updates and pics of this project.

My favourite Jeep was the YJ renegade. Never got one, found one in Arizona few years back, almost pulled the trigger, as I was going to be flying there, so figured I'd buy and drive back. Anyways, trip got cancelled, and she escaped. Maybe I'll get my second chance too.

Enjoy man.

Sponsored

pilotpat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7 & 2020 Bright White Launch Edition Jeep Gladiator :)
Congratulations! Can’t wait to follow your progress and watch Cindy get ready for the prom!

My 5th grade daughter would say, “All hail old metal!” And then she would give you the Jeep wave!

Plywood rated and everything!!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
now im jealous sweet as a bit of panel n paint & youll be rollin
You wouldn't happen to know how to remove just the red primer? Under that slime crustacean layer is the sweetest tomato red and lovely rust you ever saw. I'm getting that off if it takes a touthbrush and ten years.

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Glad you and Cindy can finally have the life together you two deserve
So we are on the inaugural drive and I can't find third gear. It's like not there. I shift back to second, the throw on this thing is 24" easy. So wife is sitting pretty and very happy, totally unconcerned, being driven. Best day ever. Lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Talk about Jeeps holding their value!
That truck probably didn’t cost much more when new.
Congratulations!
Exactly. And hasn't changed much, this is like a barn find. I've got books, photocopies of records. A note that says 4.09 back end. 4.27 front end. Change one to match the other. Lol.

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Don't get wistful fellas, it belongs to all of us. Would not have known what to look for without you all's info.plus, soon you will have the 2020! This is like, appetizer...

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Congrats you go it man. I'll be anticipating, and selfishly expecting, updates and pics of this project.

My favourite Jeep was the YJ renegade. Never got one, found one in Arizona few years back, almost pulled the trigger, as I was going to be flying there, so figured I'd buy and drive back. Anyways, trip got cancelled, and she escaped. Maybe I'll get my second chance too.

Enjoy man.
Pleased to oblige.

As down payment cash bought the whole truck, I'm telling myself I just save tens and tens of grands by not buying new..

Then seller told me instrument cluster was 300 dolares. (Inlcuded. Cha-ching savings!)

This resto gig is a full on fun bags ride!

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Congratulations! Can’t wait to follow your progress and watch Cindy get ready for the prom!

My 5th grade daughter would say, “All hail old metal!” And then she would give you the Jeep wave!

Plywood rated and everything!!
I trust you because you predicted that you would find the one JT in all of Florida, then did so. So I ask this... If some wad painted your JT in primer, and it's a survivor, maybe only a few like it still running and driving, would you consider painting it? Everything else is near original, best info without a know something looking at it which will happen. Paint? Or leave it dirty?

OP
OP
5JeepsAz

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Wow. what a great find. Definitely will want to see your progress with Cindy! Congrats.
Thank you. Wife is good. Payback commencing!
Sponsored