Good deals on winches?

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Anyone see anything good price wise on a winch? Looking for 10k-12k with synthetic rope.

What else do you guys see that are GREAT BUYS?!
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Anyone see anything good price wise on a winch? Looking for 10k-12k with synthetic rope.

The only thing that was out there was Harbor Freight on the APEX 12K if you managed to get the coupon from them for 15% off. Assuming your bumper can run it. So far have not seen anything to blow anyone away. 4 Wheel Parts just discounted Warn Winches a small amount. They have the Warn EV 10K or something like that for $600.00 but it's steel cable so you would still have to come up with a couple of extra hundreds to replace the cable. Maybe on the day of Black Friday, someone might have some sort of one-day sale.

OP
OP
calicorks

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
The only thing that was out there was Harbor Freight on the APEX 12K if you managed to get the coupon from them for 15% off. Assuming your bumper can run it. So far have not seen anything to blow anyone away. 4 Wheel Parts just discounted Warn Winches a small amount. They have the Warn EV 10K or something like that for $600.00 but it's steel cable so you would still have to come up with a couple of extra hundreds to replace the cable. Maybe on the day of Black Friday, someone might have some sort of one-day sale.
Thank you, I’m still looking and I’ll see what I can find on Friday.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J

Usually, Harbor Freight puts the Apex Badlands with synthetic rope on sale between Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you become a member you get a larger discount. I believe I got it for 30% off last year. Even with the cost of membership it was a great deal. I got mine for a tick under $400.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
To help you guys make a decision money wise, the Warn Evo line is made in China under license through Warn.
So you're paying extra for a name.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Badland APEX 12000 is what I run. $529 and it's awesome. Syn rope and wireless remote and battery cable isolator kill switch included.

OP
OP
calicorks

calicorks

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss 302
Badland APEX 12000 is what I run. $529 and it's awesome. Syn rope and wireless remote and battery cable isolator kill switch included.
Where did you buy yours? I’m trying to keep the budget low for Christmas.

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Stupid question, dose this witch fit the Mopar steel bumper? Do I need anything else besides the winch?
You'll need a winch plate, budget around ~300. You can use maximus-3 or warn winch plates. You may also need the poison spyder winch spacers or to grind the apex handle a little.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Stupid question, dose this witch fit the Mopar steel bumper? Do I need anything else besides the winch?
You will need a winch mounting plate for the stock steel bumper.

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
To help you guys make a decision money wise, the Warn Evo line is made in China under license through Warn.
So you're paying extra for a name.
True. But I have had much better success with Warn customer service than with Harbor freight.

that’s worth 200 bucks to me.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
True. But I have had much better success with Warn customer service than with Harbor freight.

that’s worth 200 bucks to me.
If you are going to buy the apex you pretty much have to factor in the 2 year no question replacement plan really. Its cheap enough that adding that still gives you an excellent winch at an affordable price, and cheap customer service other than the uninstall time if it breaks.
Sponsored