First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I’m not an expert, I just thought I remembered them looking like the Walmart tire before the Walmart tire came out then doing the “soft” redesign to what they look like now with the same general tread layout but slightly different.
I'm fairly certain Duratracs have always been the same. Here is an article from Feb 2009 with pics:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/163-news090227-goodyear-wrangler-duratrac-tire/

And here is Goodyear announcing their release in Feb 2009:

https://corporate.goodyear.com/us/e..., February 17,,Wrangler lineup of truck tires.

Maybe you're thinking of the old MTR. The Authority kind of resembles that one.
Sponsored

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
I'm fairly certain Duratracs have always been the same. Here is an article from Feb 2009 with pics:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/163-news090227-goodyear-wrangler-duratrac-tire/

And here is Goodyear announcing their release in Feb 2009:

https://corporate.goodyear.com/us/en/media/news/goodyear-offers-versatile-new-option-for-working-trucks-1426100435778.html#:~:text=AKRON, Ohio, February 17,,Wrangler lineup of truck tires.

Maybe you're thinking of the old MTR. The Authority kind of resembles that one.
ah yeah, you’re right!

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
isn't that just a general complaint for any tire with large spacing between the blocking, or is this something specific to certain tires for other reasons?
My Falcon Wildpeak MT have no noise issues as they wear.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
isn't that just a general complaint for any tire with large spacing between the blocking, or is this something specific to certain tires for other reasons?
I know my Wildpeaks AT tires have gotten progressively more and more noisy currently at 37K miles on them

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
My Falcon Wildpeak MT have no noise issues as they wear.
Sure wish I could say that about my Wildpeak AT tires. When my wife starts to tell me you need to do something about those tires and the noise (LOL)

Sponsored

Cwg33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTWD
Have had Duratracs on 3 different wranglers. Great tire for Northwest, but do get noisier and some have been tough to balance.

Went with KO2’s on Gladiator Diesel to try something new.

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
Have had the standard Duratrac on my work truck for the past year, put 50k on them and replaced them with another set, Duratrac RTs 10ply. Both have been fantastic and the RTs are even better being able to run them at 70psi.

Im hoping to grab a pair of the RTs for the JTWD but run them with much less air.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Sure wish I could say that about my Wildpeak AT tires. When my wife starts to tell me you need to do something about those tires and the noise (LOL)
I use them for the winter time, and notice that they are louder than the MTs. I wonder if it's because the tread blocks are so close that it doesn't take much for them to get out of balance and start making noise.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Lookin forward to seeing your opinion after a while. I ran 35x12.5 Duratracs on my OBS 7.3 and they were a fantastic tire. Zero issues. They did get a tad louder than day one after some wear but every tire does that. I tried KO2's on my TJ - let's just say I am considering forfeiting the $2K they cost just to watch them burn. Only concern I ever had with the Duratracs was their supposed weak sidewall compared to others - but I hit some pretty sharp rocks at 9,200 pounds and never sliced one. Usually kept mine at 45 front/rear (had perfect weight distribution) and bumped the rears up to 65 when towing 8K pounds. I would consider them for the Gladiator but I want a 'stronger' sidewall and a narrow tire - which is what the Mickey's offer. Wish USAA had discounts for Mickey's.

Jeep Gladiator Goodyear Duratrac Review IMG_1404-5

Jeep Gladiator Goodyear Duratrac Review IMG_1285-5

Sponsored

Duncan

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I've ran 31 and 33 sized duratracs on multiple vehicles over the years. They have always been a solid choice for being in Michigan during the winter months during heavy snow storms.

They tend to get a little noisy but if they're balanced and rotated regularly they don't get too bad. But as everyone else has said they're more noisy than a road tire.

My Gladiator has Cooper Discover STT's on them since that was what was on the jeep when I purchased them. They do feel a bit more chunky than Duratracs and hum pretty good when you're rolling at higher speeds but I'd say they're equivalent to a Duratrac noise wise.

Koolcarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
Occupation
Car dealer
I recently posted a thread asking for help deciding on which tires to go with and I chose the Goodyear Duratrac in 285/70R17.

The reason why I chose the Duratracs is because another forum mentioned that you could get a discount on them if you're a USAA member, of which I am. My total cost was $1,370 for 4 tires (10 plys), an 4 wheel alignment and a full synthetic oil change. I purchased the tires and install from the Goodyear website and found coupons online for the alignment and oil change that the shop matched.
I was looking at General Grabbers or another set of BFG KO2s. If it wasn't for the discount I would have probably gone with the General Grabbers based on reviews on this forum and a friend of mine has them on his truck and he likes them a lot.

Here is my initial review of the Duratracs. I will post an update in another week. I have only had them on my truck for 36 hours.

At first look, I may not have purchased the Duratracs if I had seen them in person. The tire is listed as an all terrain tire, but it is more of a hybrid between All Terrain and a Mud Tire. I don't do any heavy off roading and the Gladiator is my daily driver. If you do decent off roading and the Gladiator is your daily driver I would recommend looking at these tires. The tread pattern looked a lot tighter in every picture I have seen, either from Goodyear's website OR a picture of the tires on someone's truck. The tread is spaced out more than on my BFG KO2s, but less than the BFG or Faulken Mud Tires. The tires are very aggressive looking and I am happy with the appearance. They look really nice on the truck. I will post pictures later.

The shop set the psi to 37 all around. The max psi is 80, but I cannot imagine ever going anywhere near that high. If you have a full size truck and haul a lot of weight in you bed then I guess these would be helpful, with a load E rating and the ability to put up to 8 psi in them.

The ride down the road was very smooth and either the same road noise or slightly quieter as my BFG KO2s were. I drove home in a decent rain and the tires felt good underneath. Plenty of traction, but I wasn't testing the traction, just driving normal. I drove them on dry pavement and they felt good as well. So far, I have been happy with the tires, but I will post an update in about a week.

By the look of the tire I believe they should do well in the snow and mud, with the spacing of the tread and how deep the channels are.

Anyone that has had a set of Duratracs, please add to this review for other forum members looking for new tires.
The problem wuth Duratracs is they gradually get louder as they get wore down. Rotate them religiously at 3500 miles or they get cupped or choppy. Are decent off road and ok on ice if aired down to 30 32 psi if they are at 40 psi or above even on a heavy truck they are not so good on slippery surfaces

TangoMac

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Chiropractor
I had the Duratec on my Colorado ZR2, got 60000 miles, did a fair amount of off raoding and driving highway 200 miles 2x week for work. Loved the tire. When i purchased my Gladiator i went to 35 tires and narrowed search to BFG KO and Duratec. Big O had interest free 1 year and Goodyear had interest free 9 months and the tires were $250 less. My wife stole my Gladiator and she loves the tires, 27,500 miles and still looking good (so are the tires!)

Gmac03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys D
Lookin forward to seeing your opinion after a while. I ran 35x12.5 Duratracs on my OBS 7.3 and they were a fantastic tire. Zero issues. They did get a tad louder than day one after some wear but every tire does that. I tried KO2's on my TJ - let's just say I am considering forfeiting the $2K they cost just to watch them burn. Only concern I ever had with the Duratracs was their supposed weak sidewall compared to others - but I hit some pretty sharp rocks at 9,200 pounds and never sliced one. Usually kept mine at 45 front/rear (had perfect weight distribution) and bumped the rears up to 65 when towing 8K pounds. I would consider them for the Gladiator but I want a 'stronger' sidewall and a narrow tire - which is what the Mickey's offer. Wish USAA had discounts for Mickey's.

The RT version comes with a Kevlar sidewall. 🤙